Brookdale West St. Paul Assisted Living

305 East Thompson Avenue, West Saint Paul, MN, 55118

Reviews of Brookdale West St. Paul | Assisted Living

October 30, 2012

By Paula Frank

This was the best option for me and for my grandma when she became sick. I was not able to look for her accurately and she had to take her medication. Also, she needed someone to help her with the daily activities she had to do, including going to the toilet and so.I needed someone to take care of her. Sterling House of West St. Paul was my best choice ever. I chose it because the staff here was very nice, they were very pleasant people. My grandma was pretty happy about them, as she could discuss some interesting things with the man who took care of that. Also, there were many other facilities that seemed very helpful for her. I really thought that this was good both for her and for my family. Me and my husband had to put a great effort into taking care of her.I'm really satisfied about this Assisted Living facility. My grandma seemed happy and that made me happy, too.

October 20, 2011

By LoveandCare

When looking for a place for my Grandpa to live in the area, this looked like the best place. The staff was really nice and provided care for anything my grandpa needed while still letting him decide what he wanted to do. This place is great, it has so many things that care for their residents. My grandpa has Alzheimer's and I needed the best place to care for him and this place has everything. A nice place to eat, a fireplace, and food/delivery service. They do an excellent job of caring for their residents and I really appreciate the great work they do.This place offers so many services and they actually care for their residents and it shows. I'm happy with my grandpa staying here and being able to visit and not have to worry about anything. I would recommend this place to anyone else that is looking for the best Assisted Living in the area.

May 28, 2011

By commercesd

Visited this facility

Since were in the St. Paul area, we decided to drop in and see the Sterling House of West St. Paul as we were looking for a place for our uncle to live. The exterior of the facility looked like a vacationing center, well-manicured and inviting. The vibe was friendly, but still professional. The staff are all casually dressed, even the medical staff, which puts everyone at ease. The main entry room had a nice fireplace in the corner with an adjacent seating area. The family room is a good size to entertain visiting families. The food is specially prepared to meet specific nutritional and dietary needs. They track weight with management plans as needed. The snacks included fresh fruit, crackers, hard boiled eggs and vegetables. We were relieved to find that they can accommodate residents with Alzheimer's and dementia if necessary, since our uncle has some memory problems. They also have plenty of staff to help with unscheduled personal needs and personal requests, which our uncle really liked. He can also have his cat at the facility. The private apartments were really nicely decorated with plenty of light and great views. The layouts were easy to navigate and the kitchenettes had more counter space than most that we've seen. Some have nice eating areas which makes it nice for private visits. We were also told that they could help us customize a living plan for our uncle that would include all of his particular needs and preferences.

Photos of Brookdale West St. Paul

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 5
  • Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: Comprehensive

About Brookdale West St. Paul

Brookdale West St. Paul provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Small, rambler - home-like style community; all common areas are down the center of community for easy access l to meals, entertainment and programs.

Map of Brookdale West St. Paul