Brookdale Haverhill Road

2939 S. Haverhill Rd, West Palm Beach, FL, 33415

Reviews of Brookdale Haverhill Road

August 07, 2013

By If You Care...

Don't be fooled by the ambience, the overly friendly administrators and activities director at Heron's Run. This is NOT a place you want to leave someone you love. Here is a story that will convince you to keep on going-don't stop at Heron's Run-don't pay their outrageous fees fees. This is not "Assisted Living' as you envisioned an ALF to be. My mother, is 89 years old and was living alone in her condo. She was using a walker to get around, but the family realized she should not be living alone. We looked at Heron's Run in West Palm Beach and decided this would be the perfect place for Mom. Well, not two weeks after she moved in, she was told she had to use a wheelchair at all times because she had fallen twice. From approximately April 6 until August 1, 2013, my mother's condition went from OK to horrible. Going to visit her every day I didn't see the decline, however the neglected condition she was in was recognized immediately by my sister who is a RN and lives far away. We took Mom immediately to the hospital ER, where the first 2 doctors she saw, the ER doctor and the Admitting Dr could not believe that she came from an ALF. They asked me several times "are you sure she wasn't in a nursing home'?. I assured them she wasn't. Mom was dehydrated, suffering from malnutrition has dysphasia, difficulty swallowing, had lost 20 plus pounds in 4 months and is totally incontinent now. She is into her 6th day in a critical care unit at a local hospital with no idea when she might be discharged. If you care....run as fast as you can from Heron's Run...I am only giving them 1 star because I can't submit my review without at least giving them a star rating.

March 09, 2012

By cmp2491

Other

First time ever putting my 99 yr old mom in facility so I could go on vacation. Several days in I started getting notes from my son that she had fallen and been removed to hospital. Hospital continued the problem and gave her unnecessary nedication thereby making her more dizzy. She previously had no medical issued in spite of her age. They were rough with her to wake her up for breakfast; forgot to remind her that it was time to eat and I believe overall neglected her. Would never use them again and would not recommend. Had to cut my vacation so that I could bring her home. She is doing "perfectly fine" at home and doesn't have a medical problem.

Photos of Brookdale Haverhill Road

Features of Brookdale Haverhill Road

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Brookdale Haverhill Road

Brookdale Haverhill Road provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Haverhill Road