Locust Grove

4043 Irene Street, West Mifflin, PA, 15122

Reviews of Locust Grove

Pamela-1 May 08, 2016

I thought Locust Grove was very nice. It was just too difficult for my sisters to go there. The staff was nice. The one-bedroom was huge and could fit a lot of furniture. The dining area was very nice and looked like a restaurant with white linen on the tables. It was really lovely. They treated the patients like they were in a resort and they were like guests. They had a menu. People were gathering in the lobby about to do exercises.

PJ4 October 29, 2015

I chose Locust Groove for the lady that I had a power-of-attorney because the building was large, and I was looking for memory care. I had looked at many more, and they were usually more expensive and more of a hospital type. This one was an old school, and it looked more like your living room. It was excellent. The experience there was wonderful. She was there for four months, and there wasn't a mark on her body. She was beautiful until the time of her death. The rooms had showers, so they could put her in the wheelchair while getting into the shower and transferred her on to a bench and she was able to take a shower. That was something that not every place could do. The food was excellent. She loved the food. There was always something different. The dining room looked like you were going into a restaurant. There were tables for four. It was in a beautiful area. The activities, I thought, were outstanding. They had exercises. For instance, they had some foam noodles that you used as a kid. They cut them in half, and they were all in different colors. The activities director would have everyone in the living room area, give out the different noodles, and then they would exercise -- red noodles up, green noodles to the side, and blue noodles to the other side. Every day you had a different-colored noodle, you would exercise a little differently. They loved it because it also helped their memory, since they were color coordinated. I would absolutely recommend it.

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our family and community here at Locust Grove!

Caring100975850 February 11, 2015

I have my mom in Locust Grove, and I’m very happy with it. The thing that impressed me the most when I went there is how clean it was. That may sound like a small thing, but it’s not. It was clean. The woman who showed me around knew the name of everybody in that facility. She knew about their family, and she knew of everyone’s situation. It was terrific. I like the way they try to make everybody feel as if it’s their home. They don’t come down at the exact meal time. Let’s say they’ll come down at 10 and breakfast is a little over, they’ll still get them a little something. My mom is not happy because I moved her from Tucson and she loves there as it is warm, but here she sits in the lobby and talks to everyone. She has made a friend with a woman named Hazel, and she tells me about all of these other people. She seems to be adjusting. They have a memory care unit so she doesn’t have to change buildings.

anonymous100710850 January 31, 2015

I think the staff of Locust Grove was very accommodating and knowledgeable. They showed a lot of care for the residents, and they have been very good with following up with me. The rooms were very big which was really nice, and that was one of the things that impressed me. They also have a separate area for the memory care unit, and they had nice common areas.

PghMom October 12, 2012

The entrance to the facility is open and clean. The dining area is very large and clean. The resident that I know enjoys the food for all of the meals and she is a very picky eater. There are a lot of activities for the residents - even several that are trips out of the facility. That is nice for those who want to get out and about. There is a resident cat that the residents and guests equally like. The rooms are okay. The beds and furniture are outdated and don't seem very comfortable. Some of them share bathrooms with other residents and that can be very uncomfortable. The staff all seem friendly and helpful but I do not know how attentive they are since there are a lot of residents and a small amount of staff. The common areas are also okay - clean and open. I even think there is an outside area to take the residents to sit and relax. Overall, it seems to be an okay facility.

From Locust Grove

Our Senior Living community in West Mifflin, PA offers the perfect mix of personal care and hospitality tailored to meet the individual needs of residents. At Locust Grove, we believe in giving residents control over their lives and encouraging independence and socialization all while providing exceptional care. You'll love how our friendly and relaxed atmosphere makes it easy to meet new friends and fill your day with a number of fun and engaging activities.

Located close to premiere shopping, dining, and medical services, we offer all the things you need to fill your days with fun and give you peace of mind. Our activity programs offer many choices both on site and out on the town, so whether you like cooking, art, crafts, exercising, or just visiting with friends and neighbors, you stay as busy as you want to be. Locust Grove creates a place you'll love to call home - so come enjoy the easy living!

Features of Locust Grove