Sunrise of West Hills

9012 Topanga Canyon Road, West Hills, CA, 91304

Reviews of Sunrise of West Hills

June 18, 2015

By Diane105775250

We visited Sunrise. It’s very respectful and provides care and safety to the residents. We like the way it does not look at all like a facility or an institution or a hospital; it looks more like a hotel or a residence. We like the fact that they assign 2 or 3 different caregivers to the person so that they can get to know them, not just whatever caregiver happens to be on duty that day. We like the way the dining room is more like a restaurant; it’s not like a cafeteria or a dining room. We like the way the resident can choose from a menu, and food is served by a server.

October 25, 2014

I liked Sunrise because it was a smaller facility. The bedrooms are small; they’re probably 300 sq. ft. to 400 sq. ft. You didn’t have to walk far to get to any of the restaurants. That’s what I liked about it. It was small, it was homey, and it was clean. All the residents were friendly, and it wasn’t so overly large that you got lost in the whole building.

June 30, 2014

By Karen88328950

Sunrise West Hills is where we ended up putting my mom. We like the setting. There are a lot trees, a large garden, and a large grassy area. I have tried the food. Some of it is pretty good, some of it not so good. Most of the caregivers are very nice, the nurses are very nice, and they're very open and they discuss stuff with you. The administrative staff to me is a little bit condescending. Sometimes I kind of feel like it's only about how much money we can spend. They'll put in one kind of service and then determine that she doesn't need it anymore. It's a constant turnover and a constant charge rather than just letting her be. They have animals on-site that live there and are there for the residents, which is really nice.

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We are interested in learning more from you. Please contact information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

June 30, 2014

I wasn’t really thrilled with Sunrise of West Hills. The facility seemed nice, but there was not a big area for them to get outside. At the time of the visit, they didn’t have a room that they could show me. The restaurant was very nice, and I liked the menu. It looked really nice.

Photos of Sunrise of West Hills

• Tagalog

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 197605159

About Sunrise of West Hills

Located just four miles from a major shopping mall, minutes from the Warner Center Business Park and close to both 118 and 101 freeways, Sunrise of West Hills offers a beautiful view of the hillside, the heart of the city and is convenient to both San Fernando and Simi Valley, California. We pride ourselves on our excellent care managers and executive team - a friendly and approachable staff. We also offer delicious food and fun, interesting activities and outings. Our individual service plans ensure customized service to our residents.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat.

We are only miles from major freeways surrounding the San Fernando Valley but considered to be in a more suburban, residential area. We are the only Sunrise in the Valley that has lots of outdoor grounds where residents can walk around the entire property, sit on the back patio or the front porches, use our gardening boxes, or just enjoy the scenery from out their window. Our Reminiscence has a large enclosed patio for our residents to enjoy the outdoor space within the comforts of the neighborhood.

Map of Sunrise of West Hills