Brookdale West Hartford

22 Simsbury Road, West Hartford, CT, 06117

Reviews of Brookdale West Hartford

David71383150 November 21, 2013

Brookdale was around a busy highway. I don't think there was enough space there for the residents to walk around. I saw different-sized rooms and some of them had a wonderful view. The rooms had nice different styles so they did have some that looked like studios and others that were much larger which did impress me. The dining room was very impressive because it gave the patients some options. They had snacks as well as food.

amckin November 28, 2012

The apartment my great grandmother lived in was very nice. She had her own living room area and a bedroom. It seemed very residential and not like she was living in a retirement home. The atmosphere was nice and not hospital-like. I did not personally have much experience with the staff, but my great grandmother indicated that the staff took good care of her.The facility was also very aesthetically pleasing. There also were many amenities at the facility from what I was told.

Nanty October 07, 2012

Brookdale Place is attractive. Everyone was very receptive and very polite, but I certainly can't handle the cost involve. Also, it's a bit of a distance from my daughter's home. It's too far away to come and visit.

lhunter July 06, 2012

I thought that this place was really nice, or at least as nice as it could be. Places like these usually feel similar to a hospital but Brookdale was not like that at all. It was very comfortable, beautifully decorated and actually felt like a cozy home. The dining area was very nice too, and it was nice knowing that they could get things to eat whenever they got hungry, not just when the kitchen was open. I thought that the staff was very nice too. Everyone seemed to really care, and they didnt seem to just be there to "do their job" and then go home. They were geniune and very knowledgeable and able to answer any and all of the questions that we had, which was nice. The residents that I saw when we went were also very nice, and everyone seemed happy to be there, Im sure this differs from resident to resident, but all the residents I saw appeared to be content in their surroundings. I went there very nervous, and left feeling very positive.

sopi January 28, 2012

Brook dale Place of West Hartford is aimed at providing a better life for every member of the facility. All basic amenities of life are available nearby. All kind of facilities are provided to all residents within well constructed and beautifully renovated rooms. Compound is generally neat and clean with a better share of horticulture. All residents have the option to undertake activities as per their interest thus enjoying. I learnt of this activity through my friend and later I visited that. Health facility is extended for all residents in the form of nearby hospitals; however, nurses are available round the clock to look after the residents. Food quality is good and necessary input from nutritionists and physicians is sought with regards to fats and calories. This facility is full of residents who are living as a family in that community and activities are streamlined to let the bond of friendship remain intact. A good facility as a whole.

From Brookdale West Hartford

Brookdale West Hartford provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Location of Brookdale West Hartford