Carolina Gardens at West Columbia

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Carolina Gardens at West Columbia

November 21, 2012

By jeg779

The staff was friendly and patient. The amenities where less than expected, but sufficed to keep her busy. She was pleased with the idea of remaining independent while having the security of someone being close if needed. She has made a many of friends there and she is truly happy. I am grateful for the staff and the residents. I believe she is in love with her physical therapist!

October 07, 2012

By ProudDaughter

Both of my parents lived in Agape Senior Assisted Living for several months before their deaths 2 years ago. Since we (their children) didn't live in SC, one of us came every 2-3 weeks, sleeing on the couch in our parents' apartment. Residents who needed no assistance were satisfied, but those who needed care or help (besides the usual housekeeping and meal reminders) were not often given the assistance and care they needed. While the facility appears clean and attractive, some maintenance in their apartment was never done despite repeated requests. Most caregivers did their jobs, a few showed real caring and compassion, but there simply were not enough of them to truely give the care needed. On weekends especially, most of the time, no caregiver could be found in the residential wings at mealimes, afternoons, or evenings. They were assigned in the dining hall or on their own meal breaks. Our family was and is very unhappy with Agape Senior for the lack of care my parents received.

October 24, 2011

By firefly1

The layout of this assisted living facility was beautiful. The staff took excellent care of my grandmother while she was there and did their best to look after the needs of the residents. My grandmother was a resident there for about 2 years. During this time, she was able to meet many new friends. The facilities were clean and well kept. The only complaint I ever heard her make was that the food was not particularly good, but my grandmother was an amazing cook with very high standards. Their individual apartments were very nice. Her living quarters were rather spacious, with plenty of room for much of her furniture. My grandmother often complimented the staff. Trips off the campus were organized for residents who needed to run errands. They also had a more intensive care facility for residents who were injured or who required more supervision. My experience with this facility was less positive, but most of this had to do with my grandmother's progressing illness than the care she received.

September 30, 2011

By Sam Evans

I visited this facility with my Mother's church to sing Christmas Carols and have a little Christmas party a few weeks before Christmas.We brought quite a lot of cookies and soft drinks, which were cumbersome. The staff was very helpful, showing us where to park and the easiest way to get things into the social hall. I recognized a few people that I knew which was a nice surprise. But what impressed me the most was that all the residents seemed happy, were clean and well dressed and really seemed to get involved. It really made me feel good to be there.When I was in nursing school I worked as a nursing assistant in several homes for the elderly. There always seemed to be a pervasive odor of urine. This place smelled clean. Not perfumed. Just clean.I know of one man who moved in there after his wife died. His children lived out of state and my Mother was the local contact for him. He had Alzheimer's, but she took him to Church and out for lunch regularly. When he died The facility allowed his kids to stay in his room a night or two while they disposed of his possessions. That was a kindness not often seen

Services & Amenities of Carolina Gardens at West Columbia

• Pharma

About Carolina Gardens at West Columbia

Carolina Gardens at West Columbia is an assisted living facility in West Columbia, SC that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Carolina Gardens at West Columbia for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Carolina Gardens at West Columbia