Brookdale Lexington | West Columbia, SC

190 McSwain Drive, West Columbia, SC, 29169

Reviews of Brookdale Lexington | West Columbia, SC

Amy41 April 22, 2015

I was not exceptionally pleased. Brookdale Lexington was just falling under new management. It was a very pretty place, but the people there just did not look happy to me, and none of them engaged in any conversation with us. They had an activity area. They were getting ready to have a movie night when we were there. The apartments were nice. They had nice sized closets -- which was a plus -- and the bathrooms had very large showers in them. They were just switching over staff and doing some updates. They just needed time to get settled.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that our staff is committed to engaging our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. We apologize your tour did not meet all of your expectations and would like very much for you to give us another opportunity to assist you. We hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Caring93548450 September 30, 2014

The staff are very friendly and professional at Emeritus at Lexington Gardens. They assist my sister with the things that she needs. The nurses are great and the place is very clean. They also provide good activities. I like their cleanliness and the security they provide.

Caring11011 August 26, 2014

I was very impressed with Emeritus at Lexington Gardens. It was very quiet. The residents seemed pretty happy, and the rooms were extremely nice.

Caring91892750 July 31, 2014

Emeritus at Lexington Gardens is a fine place for my father. He is happy there. The staff is very helpful. My father says the food is good. He used to sell food, so I know that if he says it is good, it is good. They have quite a few activities. They play Bingo, they sing, and go on trips. They have a lovely garden to go into. His room is small and I am grateful for that, so that means he is less likely to fall. It is very nicely decorated, it is clean, and the price is good. It is a good place for my father.

Caring87131250 July 21, 2014

Emeritus at Lexington Gardens was nice, and I liked it. It was located close to a lot of different things. It was close to the hospital and to various activities. It just wasn't suited for what I needed for my father, but it would have been a very nice place to live. They had a lot of activities there. It was nice on the inside. It was a multi-story building, and was more like a very nice hotel. They seemed to be very clean and nice. I met some of the staff, and it was fine. It just was a little more closed in; the halls weren't quite as wide, which was what I liked about some of the other places, and that was one of the reasons why we didn't choose that one for him. But for someone else, that would probably be a very nice place.

Caring87296850 June 30, 2014

I am in the assisted living in Emeritus at Lexington Gardens. I am very happy, and I like it very much. It is very nice and very comfortable here. I chose it because I like the look of it, plus the rate is not as expensive as the rest. The staff is great. They do everything for me, and they do everything I ask for. I am also nice to them. I have a single bed, a couch, my TV chair, a large bathroom, two closets, a kitchen area, and my room goes out on the balcony. The food is adequate. We have trips. They took them the other day to the governor's mansion, and earlier in the month there was a trip to the aquarium in Charleston. They have bingo, and they try to do as much as they can.

Caring79833550 March 28, 2014

I really liked Emeritus. It was really nice, clean, and beautiful. The staff was very kind. I liked that they had an elevator, and they had an Alzheimer's floor almost to itself. The rooms were very neat, comfortable, beautiful, and accessible for the residents. There were choices of studio or open forum. According to their schedule, there were a lot of activities going on. The price was not bad at all. Actually, I could live there myself.

Susie1212 December 28, 2013

My mom has been at this facility for a long time. There has always been a warm welcoming feeling and the staff has always been so helpful. We have welcomed some new team members recently and I most say that I really like where it is going. The new administrator is a young energetic guy that loves the residents. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone that needs good care.

Jim43 November 27, 2013

I didn’t like it because of the fact that it’s a two-floor facility. The room is small and one of them was just about the size of a closet. They only have a room for the bed and that was about it. The facility looked clean and well maintained. If you want to live on the first floor, you need to be on the waiting list. I wouldn’t put anybody there.

Michael28 August 29, 2013

My brother is in Lexington Gardens and it is a really nice place. I am thankful because it has been a really good experience. They are taking good care of him. It is worth recommending to others.

Caring4641 August 22, 2013

I've visited Lexington Gardens a couple of years ago, because I had an uncle there. It seemed to be a professionally-run organization. I can't say anything bad about it. They have activities like social bingo for the residents. They weren't the cheapest.

Andrea7 June 15, 2013

At Lexington Gardens the staff were helpful and they had more male residents than other places we visisted, which I liked. They also had more activities for them to do.

Sjones88 May 19, 2012

My aunt was treated with respect and dignity, the staff was very kind, and always kept us updated of even small changes in her health. Her room was comfortable and most importantly, she was as happy with her surroundings as anyone could expect.

From Brookdale Lexington

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Lexington

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Lexington