Atria Willistown

1713 West Chester Pike, West Chester, PA, 19382

Reviews of Atria Willistown

Andrea30 December 26, 2015

I visited Solana Willistown, and I did not like the place. It's not independent living because it’s small. It was not a good for me. They had a little kitchenette with no stove, and it wasn’t something where you could sit down and make yourself some scrambled eggs. I also don’t like that it's very close to the road. The place would be very nice for people not as independent as I am.

Hi, Andrea. I’m sorry that The Solana Willistown wasn’t a perfect fit for you at this time, but thanks for visiting. I welcome you back at any time, if you have further questions, you can reach me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Susan109592750 July 21, 2015

The place is absolutely beautiful. The people are extremely friendly. I was so impressed with Solana Willistown, I signed a contract on the spot for an apartment in their memory care unit. I spoke with people who were in direct patient care responsibilities and with the person who was responsible for the memory care unit. They actually went to visit my brother at his home -- which is two hours away -- did an initial assessment, and made a determination about the level of care that he required. They worked with his long-term care insurance company, and everything went very smoothly. They were extremely focused on doing the right thing for him.

He has a private studio apartment. He has a bedroom with a queen sized bed, a dresser, a TV, and a small kitchenette that has no appliances, but it has a sink and cabinet. There's a chair, an ottoman, and a large accessible bathroom, which is one of the nicest features there -- it has a pocket door, which slides. The facility itself has great dining facilities and lots of activities, and they encourage a lot of participation. They're involved in a research study involving music for memory care patients. Everybody I talked to is very complimentary. In the memory care unit, they have pre-planned meals. The food is fresh and nutritionally more than adequate. The rehab therapists are working with him to support some of the special needs that he has related to being able to see things on his plate because he has a visual impairment. The food is exceptional. In the independent living section, it is like a restaurant style menu where it's made to order food. The portions are perfect for maintaining nutrition and weight. The service is a little slow, but they're very friendly. They do history things and daily exercise, and they try to survey the interests of the residents and then build activities to accommodate those interests. My brother has a lot of interest in America, and they gave him history trivia one day; apparently that was very engaging for him and a number of other folks as well. He's been there for two months now.

caring-son-in-law June 13, 2015

Great place for assisted living. Great place for 24/7 care. If you have a loved one mentally aware but needs physical care this is not the place.

Thank you for sharing with us. We'd like to learn more about your experience, so if you're open to continuing the conversation please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Anonymous112123650 June 09, 2015

Solana Willistown was an excellent community, but it was very costly. The one item that we really had some questions about was the level of care. It did not seem like anything changed when they increased their pricing. They had cards, crafts, and social hours. The staff that assisted my mother was wonderful.

Anonymous104954050 May 24, 2015

Solana Willistown was fairly new. It was not quite as large as the other place we went to, but it was very nice. They serve three meals a day. They have lovely and nice people.

Caring106410550 May 06, 2015

My mother lived in Solana for a little more than a year, and I found it necessary to move her out of there. I wanted a 24 hour nurse. The facility was fairly new, but they were having growing pains. My mother has dementia, and by the time she got to know a caregiver, they would either be fired or something. When we left, they were finally going to get a new director, but to me it wasn’t really a qualified person. Some of the workers I dealt with were fantastic.

Thank you for your review. Feedback from our residents and their families is very valuable to us. If you’re comfortable sharing more about your experience, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Caring91867350 August 29, 2014

I liked The Solana Willistown a lot, but it was just a little bit too far from my sisters. It's a generally new facility. I think it was only less than a year old, so it's very, very nice. The dining as well as the food was very good. The person that we talked too was very good. If my sisters were closer, we would have chosen this facility.

M_R_ July 29, 2014

My mother recently did a respite stay in the Memory Care section of Solana. My original plan was to have her do a 60 day stay, but I cut it short because I was very disappointed with her care and I also found permanent placement at another facility. Solana is an upscale facility which is reflected in their costs. The support staff, the employees who provided care for my mother, were NOT sufficiently trained in many areas of care. They also use med techs, not nurses, to administer medication, and mistakes were made with mom's meds. There were issues to resolve EVERY TIME I stopped in to see mom. The respite was supposed to be a break for me, but considering the circumstances, I paid a lot of money but did not completely enjoy a stress-free break. I honestly could NOT recommend the Memory Care section of Solana Willistown to anyone!

I am sorry to hear of your mother’s experience at our community and apologize for any stress it caused you as a result. Your comments are very concerning to us and we’d like to speak to you personally to gain a better understanding of the situation. If you are willing, please contact us directly via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com including “Solana Wilistown” in your subject line so we may quickly include the appropriate directors in the correspondence. We certainly hope your mother is happy in her new home and are here to help if we can be of further assistance to your family.

Caring77667550 April 26, 2014

Mom is in The Solana Willistown. It is brand new, and everything is really good. My mother is loving it right now. The staff is very friendly and cooperative. They offer activities from arts and crafts to movies to baking; they do everything there, and it is really nice. They have a salon and a rehab. They have everything, and I will recommend them to others.

From Atria Willistown

Atria Willistown offers an active lifestyle for southern Pennsylvania’s wisest older adults. Set on eight lush acres on the east side of historic Chester County, this senior living community has been thoughtfully designed to promote comfort and independence. Independent living and customizable supportive living options are available, as well as Atria’s forward-thinking Life Guidance® memory care program for individuals living with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia.

Atria Willistown is convenient to antique stores, parks, restaurants and shopping centers – and just 30 minutes from downtown Philadelphia. Amenities include multiple dining venues, a salon and barber shop, theater, library and creative arts studio, plus inviting common spaces for gathering with friends. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals and a variety of engaging events every day, including planned outings to local points of interest like the Longwood Gardens and the Paoli Battlefield Historical Park.

Features of Atria Willistown