Sunrise of Wayne

184 Berdan Avenue, Wayne, NJ, 07470

Reviews of Sunrise of Wayne

Amy34 January 19, 2015

I chose Sunrise of Wayne for my mom because it was close to me, the people were very nice, and the facility was very nice. My mother is always nicely dressed and clean, her apartment is always neat and clean, and she seems happy. Whenever I visit, she is almost never in her apartment. She is always doing things with other people. They call me if I need to know of any medical issue; they keep me informed, so I am very happy with it. It has a very homelike feeling, and I feel very comfortable with her being there. I feel like she is very well taken care of.

Caring88774150 July 07, 2014

I also liked Sunrise of Wayne very much. They separate the people who were not necessarily Alzheimer's but sort of have certain needs, and they try to protect the more normal people in different sections. I think you didn't have to go to the dining room and see people who really were slobbering all over the place. That was the most expensive of the three facilities I've visited. It was a place where people in rather good shape could retire. You can get one-bedroom, two-bedroom, or a suite, but you don't have to buy the unit. You will just be dealing with a monthly fee.

Caring87508150 June 26, 2014

Sunrise of Wayne was cheery and open. There were a lot of skylights. I didn't really like the room, but I liked the place. It was very clean. I didn’t meet any of the staff. I just met a lady, and I don't know what her title was, but she's fine.

Caring020509 May 31, 2014

Sunrise of Wayne was clean, immaculate, and very stunning. The people were extremely friendly and informative. We asked a lot of questions, and they answered. I was interested in the studio apartment, and we got the pricing to see if I could afford it. I went inside one of the studios, and it was furnished. It was like a room and a half with a bed on one side. There were chairs, television, computer, refrigerator. I thought it was previously owned by a lady. They had a list of activities all day, happy hour on some days. They served three meals a day, and they were not so strict with the time. Even if breakfast was served at 8 a.m and the residents came down later than that, they still served them. They seemed cooperative, and I understand that once you signed up, they have a team assigned to your area. The team made the bed every morning for you, took the trash out, etc. They catered to the people, depending on your personality and not how they wanted things done. I would probably go there if I'm ready to.

Cindy48 May 30, 2014

The staff was wonderful at Sunrise of Wayne. The parking lot and the sidewalk were not cleaned up at all. I had a hard time getting in the building because of the snow and the ice. When I went inside, there seemed to be a major leak. There were big buckets everywhere in the area. It seemed to be not the right day for the visit, but everybody seemed to be very nice. The place was great and beautiful inside. Their rooms seemed nice. I was not able to eat there, but their dining area seemed very nice and clean. They had a nice variety of things to do. A lot of them had to do with cooking, as far as I can remember.

Caring80206250 March 29, 2014

I didn’t like Sunrise at Wayne as much as the other place I visited. I just didn't like the rooms; they were not handicapped-accessible rooms. But the staff was really friendly, and everything else was good. I didn’t see as many residents. I saw some in a room in a class or something. They have a library, a recreation room, and a common center.

Caring76543050 February 26, 2014

Sunrise is like a Victorian home mansion with a lot of apartments inside and it's only got two floors. My grandma has a beautiful apartment. It's cool, it's a nice place. They have all kinds of good services for them. They take the garbage out and they clean. When they eat, it's like a restaurant style. I know she plays bingo. She gets her hair done at the beauty salon like once or twice a week. She plays keno and they take them places like Christmas tree shops, to shopping centers in Wayne. I know she gets her medicines and everything taken there. I really think they do such a good job. They even have a family fun day once or twice a month and I went to the one for Halloween. We got dressed up when we went there and then they had something else for New Year's and they had belly dancers. That was super cool. I didn't think I was going to like it but it was different.

Beachmom September 10, 2013

I have been able to visit the facility, but was very impressed with the prompt reponse and information I received over the phone. They were professional and gave you the facts you needed to decide if you wanted to visit the facility

Caring4255 March 29, 2013

I knew of Sunrise Assisted Living because a client of mine has his mom at their other site. This one's in Wayne, NJ. It's a lovely facility, brand new and I was looking for the least expensive room. The staff are really, really nice and they still call me from time to time to let me know when they have an inexpensive room available. The place is absolutely beautiful; they have activities like arts and crafts. They set it up the place it's like a hotel. It's really, really nice.

AndrewSpratt July 28, 2012

I had volunteered at the Sunrise Assisted Living in Wayne, New Jersey. The residents had incredible personalities and were happy with their living situation. The staff proved excellence in their respective fields on the daily. The food service was also very well done. Overall it seemed to be a very caring and considerate place to be. People became friends and there were always friendly visitors for everyone. There were a couple of other people that volunteered but it is really the staff and people that are on call all the time that stand out in my mind. Even when someone didn't have to be there they would be there at any moment. That was very commendable. People looking out for their friends, helping each other out. They even provide care for Alzheimer's patients. I remember Jerry, he used to be a cab driver. He would slip back in time and tell stories as if we were driving in his old cab in New York City. I would listen and ask questions about what he was talking about. Sometimes he would just tell stories about the past but most times he was reliving those golden moments. It made me happy to be able to share those times in such a way. There were other old timers that were as sharp and more wise and intelligent than they have ever been. The residents would play games with each other and still have outlets for their creative energy. I remember one woman who had after many years quit caffeine. She told me that she gained so much energy from doing so and she showed it. There was so much life there and in retrospect seems to be the best Assisted Living Facility that I have seen,

Rich K November 19, 2011

My wife, an Alzheimer"s patient, received the most tender, loving care that I have ever seen.

From Sunrise of Wayne

Located just minutes from Route 80, Route 287 and Route 23, Sunrise of Wayne is nestled in Passaic County, conveniently situated between Morris County and Bergen County. Our community is in a beautiful, scenic setting with lush grounds overflowing with gardens and pathways. We also offer a variety of activities within our community, including socials, games and a monthly Family Night, which is anxiously anticipated each month! More importantly, we pride ourselves in our professional, caring team members who provide unparalleled service to our residents and their families.

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Wayne

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Location of Sunrise of Wayne