Sunrise of Wayland

285 Commonwealth Road, Wayland, MA, 01778

Reviews of Sunrise of Wayland

August 27, 2014

I thought Sunrise was excellent. It was a very nice place and very clean. I had a very good impression. The rooms are nice, very welcoming, and very much like a home. People there really helped me. I was very pleased to see this place. There were singing, people were actively participating, and they love to be there. Everyone was very nice and very helpful. I would highly recommend it to others.

March 27, 2014

The residents were much older at Sunrise Wayland. The staff was good, friendly, and helpful to everybody. The rooms were small. They had exercise classes, music, and I remember a couple of times a week somebody come in and played guitar. It was also closer to my house.

December 13, 2013

By Don27

My mother went to Sunrise of Wayland. We chose this facility because it seemed to be the best fit. It was kind of homey, it wasn’t huge, and the staff was really nice. The facility was bright and cheerful. I really don’t know how much she is getting into the activities, but she does go down at 3 o'clock for social hours. Nobody was just sitting around, people were busy.

November 28, 2013

I went and toured Sunrise. It was a very nice facility. I saw some of the rooms. Although most of them were fairly small, I appreciated them because they all looked good. I had lunch there and I liked the food. It was very, very good. The people were very attentive and they seemed to be dedicated. It might a little pricey for me.

November 24, 2013

Sunrise of Wayland just didn't have enough for the long haul in terms of care. You have to bring more health services for yourself. It was less appealing in that they didn't have enough health services. It did have a dementia area. It may be good for some people, they may like what they have, so there's nothing negative about it. It was also less expensive because they didn't have buy-in.

August 22, 2013

By Louise13

Sunrise was very nice and lovely. The woman that showed us around was very nice and they had everything that a little old person would love but it's outrageously expensive. They had nice sitting rooms and snacks, tea or coco 24/7 and three square meals. They had a little barbershop and hair dressing place. They had a bunch of stimulating groups for people who have dementia like my dad. They had a lot to offer.

October 12, 2012

By bmacdonald

Sunrise Senior Living in Wayland is a very nice facility and the residents are well cared for there. The building and grounds are always very clean and well kept. Residents often sit outside on the walkway or in the screened porch when the weather is nice. The common areas always have people in them either watching television or listening to music. There have been occasions when I visited and there were very talented live musicians playing the piano. There are two small dogs which live at Sunrise. They are mostly well behaved and get along well with the residents and visiting children. The staff are very kind, patient and professional. The food is well made and there is a private dining room which can be requested by the residents. The facility it two floors, but easy to navigate and wheelchair accessible. My grandmother is happy living at Sunrise senior living.

October 06, 2012

By Lee M.

Sunrise Assisted Living is a good place for my great-grandmother to live. She made the difficult decision to stop living in her own home after a stroke, and Sunrise is the most home-like environment available that also suited her level of need for care. She receives medical care, occupational therapy, and physical therapy in the same facility, as well as enrichment activities. The facility is clean and bright, and it is easy for residents and family to maneuver in wheelchairs or with limited mobility. The two staff doggies provide an additional home-like touch. The staff are kind, respectful, and caring; each staff member seems dedicated to meeting the needs of each individual resident. The kitchen provides healthy and good-tasting food, and there's a beautiful open dining room with plenty of windows. Even the grounds are beautiful, with flowers, grass, and well-maintained paved paths, so even residents in wheelchairs can go outdoors with assistance.

July 06, 2012

By sasha_smith

The facility seemed great. My class was warmly welcomed, but the part of the facility that I noticed the most was the cleanliness. From the general furniture to the bathrooms, every part seemed to be thoroughly inspected and cleaned. Therefore, I was very pleased in this regard. Likewise, the staff were very accommodating , both for my class and the elderly. We were happily greeted at the door, and this friendliness lasted throughout the entire time which spanned about two hours. In fact, my teacher noted that of all the assisted facilities that she had seen, Sunrise Assisted Living in Wayland was by far the best. Overall, the occupants seemed pleased with their lifestyle. There were no negative aspects of the facilities, so overall I was very impressed. One woman personally thanked me and noted that our class didn't need to work so hard to memorized multiple songs. I responded however that it was my pleasure.

Photos of Sunrise of Wayland

Services & Amenities of Sunrise of Wayland

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Tai Chi

• Staff Patient Ratio: Flexible Staffing
  • Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

• Licenses: MA

About Sunrise of Wayland

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.

Most people who visit us describe Sunrise in Wayland as "Homelike". When you walk in our fireplace and dog set the tone of a family environment. Family members can visit 24/7 and Designated Care Mangers become friends, as well as care takers, with the residents and family. Our wide continuum of care allows residents to stay here as changes occur through end of life with hospice.

Map of Sunrise of Wayland