Mission Creek

3217 Fiddlers Creek Drive, Waukesha, WI, 53188

Reviews of Mission Creek

ceejai September 21, 2014

Less than 1 star, the place is way over priced for the kind of care you receive. I agree with the person who said they talk a good line!!!!! My parents have lived there less than a year, they have missed giving my mother her eye medicine 4 days in a row, because they forgot to order it from the pharmacy. My dad has gotten pneumonia 3 times because I believe it is caused from lack of cleaning the equipment and my father fell out of bed and it took over 25 minutes for any staff to respond to my mother's yelling for help. In fact my mother called my sister because no one would respond to her yell for help. My sister told her to try and make it to the hallway to yell in the hallway for help. My sister got to Merrill. Hills just as they were starting to assist my father of the floor and she had to get dressed and drive 2 miles at 1 AM in the morning. The person who said to do your research before putting anyone at Merrill Hills, is the best advice I can offer as well!!!! To add insult to injury after they took over 25 minutes to finally help my father off the floor, they didn't bother to have his injured leg xrayed until later and when he asked for aspirin for the pain it took over 8 hours before they finally got him any pain reliever. Then they turned around and raised their price of my parents room by over $1000 month adding to their already over exorbitant cost they originally were paying of over $9000. To top it off, my dad's doctor wanted him on a no salt diet and for over 10,000 a month the administrator at Merrill Hills said they cannot do that either!!! My rating is less than 1 star, for some reason the computer keeps adding stars, not me!!!!

We are very disappointed that your parents did not have a better experience while residing at our community. Our goal is to provide a safe and home like atmosphere for our residents. We strive daily to provide excellent care and customer service. I would like to further discuss how we failed to meet your expectations and how we can improve the quality of care and service moving forward. Please call me directly at 262-896-8888. I look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Melissa Miller, Executive Director.

Jerry37 August 27, 2014

My mom was on respite care at Merrill Hills Manor for about a month, and it was a temporary situation until I could find something permanent. I think they did an adequate job in taking care of her needs, but it just wasn't at the same level as where she is at right now. It was more institutional, but it doesn't mean that they were bad. It was just a totally different approach to care. The rooms were furnished and were all basically very similar. It was relatively new, so it was in pretty good shape.

Thank you so much for supplying us with your feedback. It is our goal to provide the best care possible. We strive in not only providing the best care, but to make the experience at Merrill Hills a memorable one. I am disappointed to hear that you felt our facility was institutional because much of our focus is provide a home like environment. I can be contacted directly at 262-720-2286 so that in the future we can work to improve the expectations you and your family have for us. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Melissa Miller, Executive Director at Merrill Hills Manor.

Caring79619350 May 11, 2014

Merrill Hills Manor was not real professional. It was not as well-maintained. You could see damage to the carpeting on the main hallways and stuff like that. It wasn't really expensive, but it was bare. You had the smell of urine in the place. The residents seemed stressed and not happy at all. We thought there was a lack of a good caregiver-to-resident ratio. They brought out the chef, and we got to talk a little about the meals, and that was probably the only positive thing I can think of about the experience. The cleanliness of the institution is one thing they can improve on. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody.

We are very disappointed to learn that you did not have a better experience while visiting our community. Our top priority is to deliver the best quality services and care for our residents in a clean and safe environment. Please contact me directly at (312) 545-0352 to share more information on why we failed to meet your expectations and how we could improve the quality of our services in the future. We thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you soon. Sincerely, Nick Catilleja, Executive Director of Merrill Hills Manor.

Bad Karma August 20, 2013

Please do your research. The facility can talk the talk but truly was a failure in everything else. I was afraid for my loved one every moment they were there. Check their records with the state of Wisconsin facility survey. Please be careful. I wished I had done a bit more research before I had put my family member there.

Mercedes2 May 15, 2012

We moved our parents here two weeks ago and this was the only place where they can move together. They've been living together for many many years and good thing we found Merri Hills. The facility is very nice and clean. The people are very warm and friendly.The food is good. Their rate is pretty good too. The room is nice with a livable space. It might not be the biggest but the important thing is that my parents can also take care of themselves. Their bathroom is big with walk-in showers so that helps them a lot. Old people may tend to adjust longer and it's been two weeks since they moved in but I'm really hoping they are happy there. Also I think the place is understaffed and I'd say they can be better if they are more organized. I'd sure recommend this place to others.

From Mission Creek

Senior assisted living at Mission Creek offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Mission Creek, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Waukesha has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Mission Creek, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Personalized Care Plans
  • 24-hour Staffing
  • Emergency Response System
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Major Hospital, clinics, and Rehabilitation Centers are within a three mile radius of Mission Creek___ We are conveniently located between Madison and Milwaukee, only two miles from Highway 94___Memory Care unit with secured outdoor garden area including walkways and a wheelchair swing___Life Enrichment staff that includes a music therapist, art therapist, and many other activities to engage and enhance our resident’s experience___State of the art therapeutic environment that promotes comfort, safety, and enrichment for all residents and families.

Features of Mission Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Deluxe studios
  • Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Computer class

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: Memory care is all-inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $3,500/month

• Staff patient ratio: 6:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 62

• Licenses: CBRF
  • State License(s): 52D2010293

Nurses

• Nurses extra: We have 24 hour nurses.

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Mission Creek