Brookdale Watauga

5800 North Park Drive, Watauga, TX, 76148

Reviews of Brookdale Watauga

George84283450 June 27, 2014

They're an older community. They're not any different than other facilities. It was a very generic visit. It was a very short visit.

ItsAboutDad June 26, 2014

Sterling House of Watauga was excellent. It was a very clean community. The rooms were fine; however, everything was a little bit smaller than I want it to be, but that's the way it goes. I thought the people were very nice. They were very considerate. Overall, it was a good experience.

Lynette3 February 28, 2014

I would recommend Sterling House of Watauga. It was a nice facility. It smelled and looked clean. The staff was very nice and very helpful. They were very nice. They would take very good care of their residents. The residents, the ones that I've talked to, they all seemed to be happy there. For activities, they have group Bible studies, they have games, etc. They have a lounge for people to visit. They also have a courtyard out in the middle where people can go to. If I have to pay for something for my mom, if I can afford it, I would go with something like this.

Ron12 October 30, 2013

My father has been at Sterling House Watauga for six months. The facility is very nice and the staff is very caring. I have been very pleased with the care that he has received.

Pauline3 July 30, 2013

Sterling House is everything that they say they are. Mom felt like they really care about the people there. She likes the food, she loves having a garden, and she's so much happier and healthier. Mary, the sales director, is absolutely wonderful. Besides being a sales person, she also is very caring and very loving to the people there. She's awesome. Mom just loves her. I've already recommended Sterling House to others. It's a great place.

jkgaston November 21, 2012

My mother was a resident of Sterling House for two years and I can honestly say she was truly "at home" during that time. The surroundings are simple but beautiful. Tastefully decorated and landscaped, and spotlessly cared for, Sterling House exudes an atmosphere of contentment and security. The competence and genuine caring from the staff is reassuring to resident and family alike.

commercesd February 28, 2012

We went to visit the Sterling House of Watauga assisted living facility since we happened to be in the vicinity looking at other places to consider for our aunt.

The grounds looked very well tended and maintained and serene, with plenty of nice shrubs, trees and places to sit to enjoy the outside.

The interior featured nicely decorated and lovely furnished community rooms where they can watch movies, use the computer, read, engage in arts and crafts, play games and gather for their many social events and parties.

There were plenty of nice areas for quiet time as well as socializing with other residents and friends, family and other visitors. The communal areas were nicely designed with easy to access furniture and a comforting decor.

The snacks looked interesting and healthy with a nice mix of nutritious options. We also liked that they encourage drinking plenty of fluids for healthy hydration each day. Their menus offer a variety of healthy food options. The food we saw looked nutritious, delicious and smelled really good, too. The dining rooms included both casual and formal options.

The residents are encouraged to enjoy physical activity as much as possible. Residents may take exercise classes such as yoga and aerobics, or use the weight training and other equipment. They may also enjoy the outer walk ways around the building and courtyard.

The facility is close to the metro area so that residents may enjoy all of the local events, art, culture, music, shopping and fine and casual dining offered. They are many medical offices and close to the highway which makes it easy for visitors.

The private living spaces were nicely decorated and personalized, making them fresh and vibrant with plenty of natural light.

We could really see that the residents are treated with care, kindness and respect so that they are very well cared for at all times. It was also apparent that the seniors enjoy living here.

From Brookdale Watauga

Brookdale Watauga provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We are a small Assisted Living Type B community with 35 apartments, four one-bedrooms and 31 studios. Some studios feature a private courtyard entrance to our central courtyard. The is community access to this beautiful enclosed courtyard that features gardens and a gazebo for relaxing. There are raised garden beds for those interested in gardening. Our smaller, cottage like feel provides each resident with a feeling that this is a great community to call home!

Features of Brookdale Watauga

• Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• Minimum age: None

• Licenses: Texas Assisted Living Type B Large
  • State License(s): 030018

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Watauga