The Arbor Inn

14030 Fourteen Mile Road, Warren, MI, 48088

Reviews of The Arbor Inn

LimoGuy April 14, 2016

My dad has been at The Arbor Inn over a month now and we are very happy with his care and the customer relations that have developed. Staff calls dad by name and is courteous and friendly all the time. The facility is clean and well maintained every time I visit. Highly recommend the facility.

Gail P March 01, 2016

This is a wonderful facility. All of the employees treat residents like family, they are very friendly and accommodating. It is very clean, food is good, nice range of activities. Nurse Roberta is fantastic, truly caring about each person and their well being. Professional, compassionate, great communication, we are very comfortable with she and her staff handling my aunt's care. I could not ask for a better place. Another family member has moved in as well after seeing how happy my aunt is here.

denise51 November 15, 2015

My family member has lived at Arbor Inn for years and we have seen staff come and go, new activities, new kitchen managers, new janitors and it has all been good but the change in the head nurse has not been an asset to a nice caring place. At first we thought she would settle in but this woman is loud and rude and yells out personal things about resident and staff across from her office to her clerk. She isnt friendly to families either but we think she has her favorites. Our family is lucky we don't have to deal with her that much. We have witnessed staff asking her questions and she tells them she is to busy. She is a super turn off. The last two nurse's seemed to be always helpful and promoted a good atmosphere within their department and even though they were short a lot it didnt have the tension and everyone seemed to work together. This is the worst we have seen.

C. Barnes October 18, 2015

This care facility is very well maintained. It always smells very clean, not like other facilities I had visited when looking for a place for my brother. He currently is a resident and he often tells me how much he enjoys the meals and daily activities. Also, the housekeeping staff and the facilities department have been very kind to him and have accommodated us with any requests for assistance we may have. The nursing assistants are very sweet and caring, too. They are very attentive and respectful to my brother's medical needs. Unfortunately, the only complaint that I have is that any updates on his health condition often have to be provided by the nurse manager who sometimes may not be as polite as all of the other staff that I've encountered. Besides that, I think this is a great facility!

Thomas106604350 May 22, 2015

My father will be moving to Arbor Inn. We chose it because of the care that is offered there, the location, and the price. The rooms are beautiful. They are very clean and very updated, and everything is conveniently located. They have everything that we need for my father. They offer all the amenities that are important such as doing his laundry and giving him his medicines and meals.

carols niece May 06, 2015

We need an affordable place for a family member so Arbor Inn was suggested. The person doing the tour was very nice and answered all questions and the staff greeted us during the tour. We found it very clean, no smell but not super updated for us but our family member would like it. After our tour went went back through on our own to see if the people were different. Everyone greeted us again and interaction with the residents was really caring. We went passed a desk in the hallway where a woman in a white coat we thought the nurse was Very Loudly talking about some resident and it was about their behavior and personal condition and we were immediately turned off because we thought it was really rude.

Tom1979 May 01, 2015

We visited for a tour, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. My dad isn't quite ready to make the move, yet, but when he does I think this will be the place. He was impressed with the food! (We came around lunchtime, unannounced, and they even let us try the lunch!) Also, they include a lot of care for the price. When the time comes, we are going have the nurse evaluate dad.

lady2014 March 30, 2015

Poor staffing, smells like urine when you walk into the community. Rooms are very out dated. Not impressed.

Caring101915550 February 09, 2015

The people were very nice at The Arbor Inn. I just thought the rooms were very old looking, and it's just wasn't appealing at all. The staff was very nice and helpful. I saw the dining room, and it was OK. I would tell others to check it out because it's everybody individual idea. It came highly recommended by somebody, so I checked it out, but I didn't like it. I just think the individual rooms need to look nicer.

AnonymousFamily October 23, 2014

My mother lives here. It is clean, the food is good, and the staff is friendly. The nursing staff is very helpful. What more could you want?

Janice39 May 30, 2014

I am able to move my dad to The Arbor. I like the facility. It is very clean, nice, and affordable. The staff is very good. They have activities, but it is not what he is looking for. This is what I run into everywhere, and it is pretty annoying, and I want to see it change. Everywhere you go it is Bible study and bingo. My dad is male and he doesn't play bingo. Then there are crafts, but it is all geared towards women.

This is the problem I have right now. I like the facility, but like he says it is all women and only a few men, and he'd like to find a stronger male community.

Caring83732050 May 12, 2014

Last week I visited a few facilities, and one of them is The Arbor Inn. This facility was recommended by someone to me. The staff seemed fairly friendly. I like that it was family-owned. Based on what I've seen, they are kind of average. They have a variety of activities. They have bingo there regularly. They a media room where they have movie nights.

lovmymom April 09, 2014

My mother is a current resident. They are understaffed especially in the eve and weekends. She is a level two care and does not receive it. There are no room checks as often as should be, incontinence care is minimal at best. The patients here are mostly level 2 and 3 and they do not have the staff for this type of care. It is ok for people who need minimal help. Staff is nice if you have no problems with them. Management however is very nice.

Caring71671650 October 05, 2013

The Arbor Inn is nice and clean. Everybody is friendly. The food is good and the rooms are spacious and clean. They have bingo day, ice cream parlor day and chapel.

Sue18 May 14, 2013

We chose this facility because it cost a lot less than the other ones. Food there was excellent. Actually, my husband and I have eaten there, they have fresh homemade food every day, and it's very, very good. My dad really liked the food a lot. The room was a nice fairly priced room. He had a lazy boy chair and a TV so he had room for everything. The people at the office were very, very nice. I know they have a lot of activities; they had a calendar with a lot of stuff going on all the time. The only thing about that place is that if somebody like my dad ended up with quite a few falls, it wasn't a good place for somebody who needed a lot of assistance getting in and out of a wheelchair or using a walker. He's kind of impatient. He never likes to wait for help. And they didn't have any call buttons there. So if he needed help and there wasn't anyone in the room checking, he would try to do something on his own. They only have whistles there and you have to blow the whistle to get help. He said they didn't always hear it. When he had a fall, I asked them how about an alarm on his chair or something like that so the staff will hear the alarm and somebody could help him. They didn't want to do that because they said that it was a residence and a home for all other people, they don't need to be hearing these alarms. The level of care for him there was just not enough. And we didn't know that at the time that he went in the degree of care that he would end up needing. If he wasn't falling, if they would have something more in place to help him not fall, we would probably have kept him there because otherwise he really liked it and the monthly charge is quite a bit less than a lot of the other places. I wish they had more in place so my dad could have stayed there. Even though it's assisted living, they specialize more on the people that didn't need as much assistance. There's almost like an in between independent living and assisted living. The patients there didn't need as much help.

Emma6 May 12, 2013

The atmosphere at Arbor Inn was nice. The lady that took us on a tour was very nice too. The rooms are shared by 2 people, which would be more adequate for my brother.

Crystal Verdell January 21, 2012

This facility was not what I expected for my Aunt at all. I was not a big fan of the Arbor Inn during our first visit, but my Aunt seemed to like it. I felt as if the rooms were very cramped and was not big enough to fit two people at all. My Aunt on the other hand preferred to have a smaller room because it made her feel like she was in her room at home. The cafeteria was quite nice; it was similar to a restaurant style, but they did not have a lot of options to choose from the menu. I did not like the fact that my Aunts medicine was passed while she was eating; that was a little tacky to me. What I did like about this facility was the friendly staff. They treated my Aunt as if she were their own relative. The staff always seemed to have a smile on their faces and they spoke to the residents as if they knew each other really well. Most of the residents seem quite happy there, regardless of the small rooms and dining room interruptions.

crissy1 December 08, 2011

The staff members at this assisted living facility were very friendly besides a few that didn't seem to like working around people, but I guess there is one bad apple at every facility. The thing I didn't like about this facility is that the rooms reminded me of a nursing home. They were so small and most included a roomate with joined bathrooms. The rooms did not include a living area or kitchen; it was strictly for sleeping or watching television. The rooms did not leave any space for two people to comfortably live. Another bad thing about this Assisted Living home was the medical technicians; they were only trained to work with medication for 7 days and afterward they were given a cart after completing a short test. What my grandma and I did like about the facility was the dining area. It included a menu daily and she was able to choose what she wanted to eat. The dining area was similiar to a fancy restaraunt. If she did not like any of the food items on the menu they would create something she enjoyed eating. They also let the family members join in on dining with their relative.

ltwilliamson July 30, 2011

My great-grandmother had lived at Arbor Inn for a couple of years in a private room and private bath. Since I have had other great-grand parents in other assisted living centers in the same city, I was really impressed with Arbor Inn. As with most people her age, my great-grandmother was hesitant to go at first- not wanting to give up her independence. She had fallen a couple times while living with my grandmother, her daughter, but no one was around 24-7 to give her the constant attention she needed, which is why the decision was mad to send her to Arbor Inn. Upon entry, the security and staff were friendly and greeted us every time we came to visit (about once a week). It didn't have the stench of bodily fluids, disinfectant and old-people must like other facilities I had been to, so I felt more comfortable when I visited. She quickly made friends and looked forward to meal times and bingo. When we came to visit, it was no problem finding a private social room to play Uno or Aggravation with her. Her medication was always given to her, as the medical staff payed close attention to its residents. Even the cafeteria food was decent as they had no problem accommodating diet concerns. She was allowed to decorate her own room to make it more like home, and although she was sad that people didn't visit her as much as she wanted, missed my great-grandfather, and was scared to be getting older, she knew Arbor Inn was the right choice for her. I agree, and would recommend this place to anyone who can afford it. I'm sure there are even nicer, more up-scale, newer places, but I really did like Arbor Inn for what they provided for my great-grandmother in the last years of her life.

John M. December 16, 2008

My loved one stayed here

The Arbor Inn was clean, and the staff is friendly. My grandmother liked the activities, and always had something to do. Also, the price here is UNBEATABLE. It was the only facility in her price range, and it was also the nicest facility we looked at. Definately recommend it!

From The Arbor Inn

Welcome to The Arbor Inn Assisted Living

The Arbor Inn, established in 1975, is a residential care community that preserves your dignity and respects your independence, while offering you companionship, security, and personal care. This is a place where you can maintain an independent lifestyle, pursue your own interests and make new friends.

Residents of The Arbor Inn enjoy some of the same amenities of a fine hotel, including the comfort and security of 24-hour-a-day professionally trained staff. Medical assistance is available from our full-time nurse and trained resident aides.

The Arbor Inn is the perfect home for seniors who want to lead a reasonably active, carefree life without the burden or responsibilities of maintaining a house or apartment. The Arbor Inn can satisfy many of life’s basic needs that many seniors would have difficulty meeting on their own. Here, you live independently, but at the same time you are an important part of our community. The Arbor Inn is truly home.

Services & Amenities

The Arbor Inn provides ALL of the following amenities to you at no extra cost…

• 3 Meals per day and evening snack (including therapeutic diets at no extra cost)
  • Daily housekeeping
  • Personal Laundry including Linens
  • All rooms equipped with air conditioning and heating units
  • Full activities schedule filled with social and recreational events
  • Pre-furnished Rooms
  • Short Term Respite stay available
  • Medication Administration
  • Assistance Showering/Bathing
  • Therapeutic Diets
  • Weight/Diet Monitoring
  • Blood Pressure Monitoring

Additional services such as dressing assistance, incontinence management, blood sugar testing, escorts to meals, etc. are available on an affordable advanced care plan.

Several physicians visit our building on a weekly basis, conveniently providing medical services to residents without having to leave the building. Onsite podiatry, physical therapy, and occupational therapy are also available.

There is always something fun and interesting to do at The Arbor Inn. Join our full time Activity Director for events including.

• Bingo, pinochle, arts and crafts, movies
  • Daily Exercise Program
  • Shopping trips and lunch trips to local restaurants with transportation provided
  • Holiday parties, birthday parties, picnics, and other special events
  • Outings to casinos and sporting events
  • Religious services at our In-house chapel
  • Health Informational sessions and guest speakers

The Arbor Inn has a comfortable entertainment room with a large screen TV; a full service beauty and barber shop; a game room with a pool table and card tables; an activity room with a kitchen, and a library which includes a wide variety of large print books. The Arbor Inn is beautifully landscaped with three interior courtyards, barbecue grills, and picnic tables for relaxation, cookouts, and recreation.

Thank you for your interest at The Arbor Inn Assisted Living. Please give us a call to schedule a Free Tour.

The Arbor Inn provides quality personal care for each and every resident. Our licensed nurse develops an individually tailored care plan for each resident to meet their daily needs. All of the following care services are included in the rental rates…

Features of The Arbor Inn

• Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Licenses: AH500236728

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Arbor Inn