The Kensington Assisted Living

Overview of Ratings

4.5

July 24, 2013

By Christopher2

The Kensington seemed like a pretty nice place. It's very clean, it smelled good, and the landscaping was very nice. The management and their worker seemed to be pretty nice, too. But it's not cheap. My friend's room was okay. It wasn't cramped and he had a little kitchen. They have a little theater room where they could go down and watch movies. They also have a very nice lobby with a grand piano, and they would have a piano player come in 1 or 2 hours a day. And sometimes they'd have a little group come in and they have a concert. They had a library and an exercise room as well.

May 31, 2013

By Martha9

Vintage Senior Living was very nice. It seemed like the people and their services were very integrated. It was very pleasant. The staff was helpful and personable. They sat down with us and tried to do a breakdown of the cost, which was difficult for my sister because if she was inside, she would need to have a caregiver with her there. So, we were going to work out some more details and right now, things are kind of on hold. But, yes, I was very, very impressed. They sat us down, gave us lunch, we talked, and it was just very impressive. They have a supreme chef who will be able to accommodate my sister's special needs because she's a diabetic, and he could do this for her on a daily basis. The rooms are all nice and I would prefer my sister to be on the first level because she'd have a patio.

October 25, 2012

By pickledkid

My grandmother has had severe dementia, which progressed to stage 4 Alzheimer's.In the last 5 years, our family was unable to give her the total support and medical attention she deserved/needed. When we took her to Vintage Senior Living, we felt completely supported in a very emotionally traumatizing time. Their staff is incredibly well trained, constantly checking in on her and being transparent with our family, whom visit every week. The program and activities look very engaging, and when my grandmother was more cognitive, she enjoyed exercising with the groups there and taking dance lessons. The facility itself is very big and the outdoor area is beautiful, as it is facing the hills on the East Side of the Bay. The food is great, tasting restaurant quality and open to all residents, as well as visitors. My grandmother is always smelling fresh, well groomed, and any open wound/rash is taken care of right away, due to their beauty salon and medical staff. Overall, Vintage Senior Living is a fantastic facility that I feel safe and secure that my grandmother stays there.

June 24, 2012

By Maddy1

The Kensington is extremely a clean facility. The staff members were very accommodating and highly helpful when they gave me a tour of the facility. The chef even came out and talked to me and asked about my mother. A resident spoke to me as well and said that she's very happy in Kensington. The apartments were great. I saw one that hadn't been renovated and I saw one that had been. The way that they had it renovated is just perfect They made it clean and made look like brand new.

June 09, 2011

By hopingandhelping

Other

This used to be an independent living facility. Now it's assisted living, and it's very good. Some of the residents from the old independent living days still drive and have cars. They also have a new memory care unit, which is geared to those with more advanced dementia. I have a client there and have visited many times (to see other clients too). It's a large facility"”very nice and recently renovated. But it's near a busy intersection, close to the freeway. There's nowhere to walk except for a garden area in back of the facility. The apartments in the independent and assisted living are small but with good natural lighting. There are one bedroom and studio apartments. The food seems superior. The staff are a plus. They're tolerant of dementia behaviors, and they're caring and attentive. Medications management"”one of the keys to dementia care"”is also good. They have a large hall and a wide-open hall, which is good for walking and activities. One of the things I like is that even though the memory unit has a separate entrance, there's some supervised interaction between the memory unit residents and the other parts of the facility.

Photos of The Kensington

• Features Extra: Library, 24/7 Front Desk/Concierge

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

About The Kensington

Assisted Living, Memory Care and Independent Senior Living in Walnut Creek, California.

Make yourself at home at The Kensington in Walnut Creek, California. It's a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we've tailored solutions to match:

• Independent Living, for our most active seniors
  • Assisted Living, when you need a helping hand
  • Memory Care, special care for those with memory challenges e.g. Alzheimer's and dementia
  • Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period
  • Diabetes management
  • Selected skilled nursing services
  • Serving Walnut Creek, Woodborough, Walden, Pleasant Hill, Lafayette, Danville, Concord and other neighboring towns in Contra Costa County
All options include:
  • A safe, secure environment
  • Compassionate, capable staff
  • Busy days, rewarding activities
  • 3 chef prepared meals daily
  • Scheduled transportation for errands, medical appointments and field trips
  • Friendly people and a sense of community
Shopping and Dining:
  • Extensive fine dining nearby
  • Three major shopping malls minutes away
  • Just 23 miles north east of San Francisco
Medical:
  • John Muir Hospital
  • Mt. Diablo Hospital
  • Kaiser Permanente
Pricing:
  • The Kensington, a Vintage Senior Living retirement community, offers Independent and Assisted Living starting at $4,100 per month, depending on availability and floor plan.
  • The Kensington also offers compassionate Memory Care services and accommodations starting at $5,450 per month, depending on floor plan and availability.
License # 75601405