The Kensington Walnut Creek, CA

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of The Kensington | Walnut Creek, CA

June 30, 2014

By Joy10

I really liked The Kensington very much, but that was too much money, and the family's budget is very small. I thought it would be very suitable for my husband, and I am sorry that we didn't have enough money to do that. It was friendly; the staff was welcoming and very helpful during our visit. We enjoyed a delicious meal there. I could see that the service was good and that they had a variety of food. There were many factors that appealed to me -- beautiful grounds, outdoor living possible so people who want to be outside can, very comfortably. Their memory care unit seemed to offer a variety of activities for mental stimulation. They had various kinds of games and pictures that they were looking at and giving information about and talking about their own; those who could and wanted to could share their own personal experiences. Walking, talking in small groups, playing other board games, preparing foods, just a variety of activities. They offer a variety of choices; the residents can make choices as to their food rather than just being served something. They get someone who can answer your question exactly, if the person you are talking to is not qualified. They were very forthcoming and glad to help and they did; they got another person who was in charge of that. The ratio of staff to personnel was good; it was adequate, and all the staff was very friendly and warm, and I could understand their language. They have other activities scheduled all throughout the day, so people can participate in many different ways. I like that, and I like generally the atmosphere. It was a friendly and happy place. I would have put my husband there if I was able to afford it.

January 30, 2014

The Kensington is a fairly large community. It was pretty well priced but they have a waiting list. You're paying for all the amenities so you really need someone who's going to use those amenities to make it cost effective. If you're not going to have someone that's social, you're paying for a lot of amenities that they're never going to use like living in a country club but you don't golf or play tennis. They were remodeling at the time and they had just had a big luncheon so the day that I went, they were kind of not their normal but it was large and for that, it was great for a social person. There were plenty of people to connect with. They had everything, games, movie nights, ice cream socials, a library.

September 26, 2013

The Kensington is a lovely place and it's the newest from all the other facilities I've visited. It was a very nice place. I didn't see too much staff, but from what I saw the staff were good. One lady showed me the activity room, the gym, the game room, and they were all very nice. I would say the place is pricey.

September 27, 2012

This is a great facility hands down! They specialize in Dementia Care and have people trained who seem to really care about seniors with memory challenges - a challenge for family & friends of loved ones. I LOVE the mesh of activities they have available promoting seniors to continually be social & physical! I was pretty impressed. It's a unique place w a special focus on keeping seniors healthy, busy & active - doing the normal everyday things so the transition isn't such a challenge.

Features of The Kensington

About The Kensington

The Kensington is an assisted living facility in Walnut Creek, CA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact The Kensington for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Kensington