Atria Walnut Creek

1400 Montego, Walnut Creek, CA, 94598

Reviews of Atria Walnut Creek

Caring108161050 June 15, 2015

We visited Atria, and my mother would be moving there this week. The staff was very helpful. The rooms were very nice. They just had been renovated. They take very good care of their folks who were in there. The dining area was very clean with a nice staff, and the food's presentation was very good.

There were games and outings. They kept them involved. They would provide transportation for her to get to appointments and stuff. It was a very good experience. I would not leave her there if it wasn't.

Caring103020250 March 08, 2015

I visited the Atria up in Walnut Creek. The food impressed me. Actually, the whole place impressed me. I don't know about the staff although they seem to be OK. The people I talked to seemed to be good. I actually liked this place. They seem to have quite a few activities, but I really don't know because I didn't really see anybody doing anything. They did have a group of women sitting around a table talking to each other. I think it was some kind of meeting, but I don't know. The general appearance of the place is very good. It is excellent. They had two types of studio. They had a one bedroom apartment which I thought one was larger than the other as far as the studio, so they offered some variety as far as the studio is concerned. The one bedroom is of a pretty good size with a little kitchenette in it. I thought the food was very good. Plus, there was a large variety. I thought it was great; in fact, that's where I wanted my aunt to go, but she wanted to go to the other place.

Taylor45 November 12, 2014

I have visited quite a number of facilities over the years -- for my grandmother, my mother and my ex-husband. Although the levels of care for each of these family members was different, I have seen and experienced caregiving at 8 facilities. I feel confident that I can accurately assess the benefits/shortcomings of every facility with which I have had family contact.

I would heartily recommend Atria Montego to the client seeking care at this financial level. My husband liked it very much (the food is superior), but he is reluctant to leave the cohort with which he has become familiar at his present facility.

Carlene3 April 21, 2014

We visited Atria Montego Heights, and the young lady we met was very pleasant. She was very easy to talk with, and you could tell that she really loved her job. It was remarkable how really invested in providing the best care for the elderly she was; it was clearly her goal. It felt comfortable talking to her. She was so approachable and helpful. They offered a lot of things. They had a list in the common area for activities like crafts, bingo, shopping, games, dominoes, and they had a lot of social time.

The place was very nice and warm. I thought they were undergoing remodeling, and they had transitioned some of the residents from one wing to another section so that the rooms could be remodeled, but they had not started re-constructing the room.

Caring60111350 February 28, 2014

Atria Montego Heights was in the process of "re-model," so they have older rooms and then the newer rooms. They seemed to have a good assortment of activities. They would have movie nights and excursions to go off campus to different places around town. They have different games going on. The staff was fantastic. They gave us a tour and answered all our questions. They were really good. What I like best about this facility was the girl that worked there. I like the way she interacted with the people; it was very respectful. There was something there that was different than the other places that I saw, like somehow it was "re-dignified." I thought the interaction there was very respectful.

Caring64977550 January 28, 2014

Interestingly enough, the tour was given to me by the guy who's the head of maintenance at Atria. He was absolutely delightful. He knew every resident by name, he knew which room they were in. A couple of them came up to him and said they needed the light bulb replaced and he said it's already been done. He was on his radio immediately to people. He, alone, impressed me very, very much. He reviewed all the activities.

I talked to him about emergency planning. That's my area of expertise and he showed me their emergency plan. He talked about his emergency plan and he just lit up when he discussed it which was very impressive. One thing that I know is it's a very sensitive area.

I asked him about language because a good number of people in healthcare come from other countries and it's very difficult for elderly people to understand them. I'd worked in hospitals for 40 years and he said they are absolutely forbidden to speak a foreign language in front of the client which I thought was very interesting. If they want to talk in whatever language while they're on breaks, fine but I do know that elderly people don't understand because they can't hear normal people or normal accents or lack of accents. He alone sold the place, he was just magnificent.

The room was small but at that point they had a sale going on. It was a one-third off of the rent for perpetuity plus there was a waiver on the administrative fee. Unfortunately, we weren't able to take advantage of it but I thought that was really interesting. He was the only staff member I met but if any of them are half his kind and gracious as he, then it must be a wonderful place. He was amazing. I can't sing his praises enough.

One thing that people may be interested in is they have a flexible eating schedule. It's not that we sit down at 3:30 and we sit down at 5:00. You go in when you want to. It's a very nice feature. You can order what they have or order off the menu or whatever but it's a flexible eating time that would have appealed to my mother had she got along with the program. I would have loved to have my mother there but that was not to be.

Caring75554350 December 27, 2013

Atria Montego Heights was a beautiful facility. I would love to have my mom there. It was just a little bit out of our reach as far as the expense. However, everybody was pleasant. I very much enjoyed my tour there. Their dining room was beautiful. I didn't eat there but the food looked very good.

Caring74624550 November 21, 2013

The Atria has four levels. The rooms have no facilities for cooking. There's no place you could make a cup of coffee or anything like that. The rooms were clean but not spacious. The staff appeared wonderful and the service seemed very good. The dining area was spacious and very nice and the food was good. What stood out to us was the fact that it was not for us. We would not be happy there. The facility was fine for people who could take that regime but it was not for us. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody because we didn't like it.

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit and for considering Montego Heights. At Atria, we not only take our residents’ safety very seriously, we also encourage them to take full advantage of all the convenient amenities we have to offer outside of their apartments, such as our anytime café, where we provide complimentary snacks and beverages. If we can be of any help in the future or direct you to one of our other communities in the area that may better suit your needs, please let us know! We can be reached at (561) 965-7200 or customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Rosalie3 October 05, 2013

I had visited Atria Montego and it was wonderful. It was a very pretty facility. Everything looked clean, well kept and landscaped. It wasn't too big it was only two or three stories and I liked it. However, I couldn't afford it.

Caring02771 September 26, 2013

I had lunch at Atria Montego and the food was good. I liked it spicier, but I think it is okay. They were so nice and it's close to my daughter. Everybody there looked very happy. The staff are all very pleasant from the nurses to the people who cleans the room. The rooms are big and that means a lot to people. It has a pleasant view, but it didn't have a pool and that's the only thing because I like to just walk in the water as it is good for my arthritis.

I'm so glad to hear that you have been pleased with our community! We strive to exceed expectations every day and we welcome any suggestions that you may have. In regards to the pool, Clarke Memorial Swim Center is located just down the street and we are happy to transport our residents there for some relaxing time in the water. If we can answer any questions or be of further assistance, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Paul11 July 12, 2013

We needed to be in a respite care situation for about 12 days and I found Atria Montego Heights for this purpose. I would be moving there by the 1st of August. We like their program. They seem to have covered all bases with everything that I would need. Their rooms are nicely furnished and there are rooms that are not too far from the elevator to go down for meals and so forth. During our visit, we mainly had dessert that they prepared and they gave us to take home and I thought it was excellent. We looked at the menus and everything that they have and it looked very nice. Also their staff was very nice and very considerate in trying to answer questions and seemed forthrightly.

Caring865 July 11, 2013

My dad is in the Atria Montego Heights. I chose this place because of the price and their services like medication management, and all kinds of care. The staff is all great. I would give them an excellent rating and I wish he could stay. He has a nice studio with a deck; it's very spacious and comfortable. He likes the food.

Mom and me April 10, 2013

I would like to rate this 3 or 4 stars, but cannot at the time.

First, this is an older building, so don't expect much in the area of building aesthetics. However, many rooms have views of surrounding hills and trees so it makes up for the lack of indoor appeal.

The food is satisfying and served almost any time during the day. There is also a 24 hour cafe to pick up a yogurt or sandwich or drink. There are plenty of activities to choose from each day if one so wishes. There is also transportation to doctor appointments if arranged in a timely fashion.

What makes this a 2 star review is the level of care for assisted living. A few months ago new management came in and shortly afterwards, some long term staff ended their employment. It now seems to be a revolving door with the med techs. Several times they have not come to my mother's room until 9:30pm or 10pm at night. This break in routine makes my mom agitated and afraid. It is not the med tech's fault, as they are usually working a double area due to lack of staff"¦again. I don't know what the problem is, but it definitely needs to be addressed. New employees are overwhelmed and overworked, and management does not seem to be able to support them in any helpful way. I hope they figure things out soon, but it doesn't look too optimistic at the moment.

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to clarify that this community is still under the management of Atria Senior Living. Atria prides itself on delivering excellence to our residents and employees. The changes that our community is experiencing will result in an improved medication management system, in addition to other areas. We appreciate your feedback very much and welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com (be sure to include the community name in the subject line.)

We truly look forward to helping you.

KSobeleska February 29, 2012

I have had various family members live in Montego Heights and have visited them all almost every week thought the years. They do many fun social events to get people to meet each other and socialize. They did concerts, movie nights, dances, fancy dinners and larger gala like events. Also, the food is actually quite good. My only bad comment would be that my family felt like some of the members of our family that needed more asisstance with things like showering and bathroom help found it extremely difficult. Sometimes staff members would not come to help them and other times it took forever to get attention. family members oftentimes went without showering at all. aside from this, however our expeience with montego heights was mostly pleasant. They had other facilities as well such as libraries and gardens. The community also had vans and chofers to take residents wherever they wanted to go.

I appreciate your feedback about our community and am happy to hear that your family members have enjoyed the events and dining options. I regret that you have encountered the issues you mentioned, however. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the situation in detail and learn how we can further improve your experience with us. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com so we can set up a time to talk.

hopingandhelping June 09, 2011

The price is right here for assisted living. It's old, hasn't been renovated, but it's well kept. I've placed a number of clients here. It's also near a hospital but not close to much of anything else other than homes and offices. There's a condo right across the street.

The rooms are a nice size, and there's little turnover among the staff. The staff seem caring and well trained. Medications management is also good.

I don't know much about the food, but I haven't heard any complaints. And there's a nice variety of activities: music, talks, card and games.

Those who do best here tend to be frailâ€"�can be in a wheelchair.

Jane-2 July 06, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My loved one recently was a long term resident at this facility until a few weeks ago when I decided to relocate them to another facility where they would receive better care, their needs be listened to and timely/accurate medication management. Unfortunately, the quality of food and services has gone from great to very poor, in my estimation, since they initially took residency here a few years ago. The executive management group seems difficult to talk with let along they act on various concerns. My loved one has also experienced numerous thefts of personal items. Relocating to another living facility is often difficult for seniors who have become well established with friendships. If the facility were better maintained, cleaned up and cared for as well as overall services improved, then they would have stayed here. The food especially isn't heart or diabetic friendly and very poorly stocked when they promise a snack is always available. I truely wish this facility the best.

Thank you for your feedback regarding Atria Montego Heights. We are sorry to learn that your experience with our community was dissatisfactory. Atria is proud of the high standard it sets for its senior living communities, and strives to continually improve the experience of all residents and families. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in more detail. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Jean-3 December 20, 2008

My loved one stayed here

My loved one lived here for several years until just a couple of months ago, Oct, 2008. She left because they have had such a high turnover rate in the management staff that everything has just gone to pot. The dining room doesnt provide good food for low sodium diets as well as they continue to run out of food for the second seating. The new dining room supervisor isnt willing to listen to the needs of the residents and continues to serve low quality food. The residents are afraid of complaining because they dont want another jack up in their rent. My mom knows of several residents who just moved there this year whose rates are already increasing another 8%. The front desk people are always sharp and don't want to listen to the needs of the residents. Plus, the place is never warm when it should be warm and during the summer the temperatures in the 3rd and 4th floor apartments aren't adequately air conditioned - in fact, they have to often leave the apt. doors open just to get some kind of cooling. The place is just a total mess and no one wants to listen or when you try to contact their corporate offices in Kentucky, they never return your calls or refer you back to the managers. They don't offer much in the way of outside trips and only have one driver who seems to give their all but has no backup. I would highly recommend not putting your loved one here unless you just dont have any other place to put them. Parking is non-existent. The grounds need improving because every chair, table, etc. is either very dirty or worn. Would check out many other newer places in the area if you can.

I value your feedback regarding our community, and regret that you and your loved one were dissatisfied with our service. Please email us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com if you would like to discuss further.

Joan-1 October 05, 2008

My loved one used this service

My dad has lived here for 3 plus years. He enjoys the many activities and other males living here. He can participate in outings, games, and especially doing things with the other men here. The food is excellent, care givers are kind and understanding to his every need and the managers always try to help solve any problem immediately. I highly recomment Montego Hts to others seeking a place for their parent or parents to live. There seems to be a warm loving atmosphere here where one can enjoy either being alone or with others. The rooms are also nice and spacious. I don't know how I would take care of dad if it weren't for this nice place

Jean-4 September 29, 2008

My loved one stayed here

An older facility with much grace and charm. My loved one has been living here for the past 4 years and continues to enjoy the friendly staff, the attention of the caregivers and the excellent dining service & food. Every attempt seems to be made to bring comfort, activities and interest to my loved one. Especially enjoyed are the weekend rides and the activities throughout the week. They listen to my loved ones needs and try to serve her in every way possible. I highly recommend this home away from home that provides better care for my loved one that I could provide.

From Atria Walnut Creek

As one of the most trusted senior living providers in the East Bay, Atria Walnut Creek has served families like yours for more than 10 years.

With a continued commitment to quality, they have just completed a full-scale renovation to enhance the beauty and functionality of the community, indoors and out. This includes the creation of an innovative new Life Guidance® memory care neighborhood, designed to meet a growing demand for dementia and Alzheimer’s care.

Residents now enjoy a host of upgraded amenities including more than 2,300 square feet of new living space, a completely renovated entranceway, new landscaping and outdoor patio, refurbished common areas, a new modern salon, bistro, private dining room, wellness and cognitive fitness center, and movie theater.

At Atria Walnut Creek, you’ll find an active, vibrant lifestyle. A diverse social calendar encourages activity through live entertainment, regular sightseeing outings and continuing education classes. Lovely walking paths and a koi pond give you a quiet place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

Atria Walnut Creek offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Café offering refreshments throughout the day
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency alert system in every apartment
  • Delicious full-service dining experiences every day
  • Housekeeping and linen services
  • Medication distribution provided by trained technicians
  • Scheduled transportation

Features of Atria Walnut Creek

• Diabetic
  • Low fat
  • Low salt

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Computer class, Drama club, Choir, Resident Council, Themed parties

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $9,090/month

• 24 hour nurses: 40 hours/week, On-call 24/7

• Minimum age: 65

• Licenses: CA RCFE
  • State License(s): 75600352

• We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Atria Walnut Creek