Top nearby Assisted Living Facilities:

98963

From Atria Valley View

With the classic California ambience of a Mission-style lodge, Atria Valley View is a vibrant assisted living community nestled in the hills of Walnut Creek, conveniently located near downtown, shopping, banking and the John Muir Medical Center.

Recently redeveloped to create strong indoor-outdoor connections, the building has been heralded for its innovative design and has earned LEED® Silver certification, the internationally recognized, eco-friendly stamp of approval.

The casual yet elegant environment evokes a sense of home the moment you walk through the doors. Relax and chat in front of the stone fireplace or bask in the sun on the terrace overlooking the rose garden. And now, Atria Valley View also offers a new customized movie theater, fitness center, salon and spa and scenic walking paths.

Atria Valley View offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Selection of apartment floor plans
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency alert system in every apartment
  • Delicious, full-service dining experiences every day
  • Housekeeping and linen services
  • Medication distribution provided by trained technicians
  • Scheduled transportation

Atria Senior Living builds vibrant communities that provide older adults comfort, companionship and a better quality of life. Their goal is to always create an environment where older people thrive, where loneliness and isolation are behind them, and where families feel secure their family members are protected and fulfilled.

Atria is a leading operator of independent living, supportive living, assisted living and memory care communities in 179 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. They are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,500 employees. They create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a difference in our world.

Reviews of Atria Valley View

Posted by Caring112236950 August 21, 2015
4.0

Atria Valley View would probably be number 2 on our list of what we had seen. It was a very nice facility, but they just didn’t have anything that particularly appealed to us. They did have one two-bedroom-two-bath unit, but Atria Valley View was a very large building, and the apartment was as far away from the dining room as you could possibly get. My wife has some difficulty in getting around, so it wasn’t ideal for us. The facility was certainly very satisfactory, but not ideal for us.

The staff was very cooperative. They took us on a nice tour. Our impression of the facility was very good. The apartment that we saw was vacant, it had just been cleaned, and it was very, very nice. The staff did answer all our questions, but the only reservation I had was that they were putting kind of a hard sell on us. From our conversation, I don’t care much for that kind of pressure. They were nice about it, they were urging us to go into another room and discuss whether we want to take it or not, but we weren’t at that point, and I couldn’t convince them of that.

Posted by Caring106728250 May 13, 2015
3.0

Atria is very appropriate for the medically fit, able-bodied person who wants to enjoy retirement yet is fairly autonomous. They encourage elder care outside agencies to help augment their staffing at a high dollar fee. The food is standard, expected fare, but it has nutritional value -- certainly not something that I would personally want to eat.

There were lots of activities available. I know there was sewing and crafts, and they had a neat movie room. Some people got together and played poker. They had a bus that would drive nice trips to the wine country or Napa, so there was a very robust activity schedule if they were willing to and wanting to engage in those.

It was a bright, well laid out, clean, resort-like setting. It was a larger campus that had a good-sized dining hall and a fair amount of informal sitting options for people to hang out and people watch. For him, it wasn’t a good fit, but it’s a nice facility for those that aren’t on a walker, who are not early onset Alzheimer's, and who wasn’t incontinent like my dad.

Posted by Marlene19 April 30, 2014

I visited Atria Valley View. The rooms were too small, but it was absolutely gorgeous. I would live there myself if I could afford it. The environment was fantastic. The staff was also fantastic. They were knowledgeable and friendly. The dining area was fabulous. I had nothing but good to say about that facility.

Posted by Jeanette11 February 14, 2014

Atria Valley View would be our first choice because of the activities, the amenities, the staff, and the very nice layout of the place. All the staff seemed to be very accommodating and kind in the interations that I saw. They have several different programs that are very nice for the residents. There was a bistro that's available most of the day, where they can get sandwiches or snacks in between meals. The rooms were the nicest I've seen. They were large and nicely decorated with good amenities.

Posted by My mom's son July 11, 2013

Atria Valley View is a lovely facility! My husband and I both loved the feel of the place--elegant but warm. One of the things we were looking for was a place with residents who seemed alert, and Atria Valley View fit that bill. It was a little out of our price range, but if it had not been we would definitely have considered it as a place for my husband's mom.

Posted by Walnut January 28, 2012

Great assisted living facility in Walnut Creek, California. They just remodeled the facility and it has a true luxury look and feel to it. The common areas are top notch. The staff seems to be friendly and attentive. They have a long list of activities for residents, and we have visited the place several times when they had little concerts of local music students. They have a restaurant/ cafe as part of the facility, so residents are not tied to meal schedules if they don't want to. Best senior living facility I have visited in a long time.

Posted by hopingandhelping June 09, 2011
4.0

I've had a number of residents there. Most are ambulatory. This is an independent and assisted living facility. The residents do have to know how to navigate from their apartments to the dining room. All my clients have been well cared for. An LVN (licensed vocational nurse) oversees the care for those in the assisted living area. Overall, it's best suited to residents who are independent or need a little assistance. It's not as good a match for someone who's very frail or demented

It's in an excellent location"”near a shopping center and a medical center, on Rossmoor Parkway, about 5 minutes from downtown Walnut Creek. And they offer transportation to residents.

The rooms are very nice size"”good light, comfortable"”and the building itself is older, with lots of trees around.

The staff is good"”they do a good job managing medications. And the management is very good, very hands on.

There's a daily exercise class, a poetry class, music, cards, a lot of activities. And the food is good.

Location of Atria Valley View

Features of Atria Valley View

• Low fat
  • Low salt

• Spanish
  • Tagalog

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: 40 hours/week, On-call 24/7