Brookdale Walnut

Overview of Ratings

4.0

April 27, 2015

By Phaedra

My father is at Brookdale Walnut. I think it is good for his needs. It was not too big. I know that they would know his name. I like it. The people are great, and I am actually very impressed with two of them. The director is fantastic for me. Whenever I call or email her, she responds right away. They have a lot of activities.

October 26, 2014

We did go look at Villa Colina and we were going to put her in there, but my mom got to be where she needed 24-hour care, and that wasn't something they could do. It seemed very nice, and they seemed caring. It was clean. The room was small; it had a bathroom and a little place where you could put a microwave, but the closets were small. It would have been too small for her. The problem we had with them was we had left a deposit because we were planning on putting my mom there, but getting that deposit refunded was a hassle. I had to call several times and people were going to check on it then call me back and no one did. I finally had to call corporate myself. So I have to say I wasn't happy with them. If that is the way they do business, I don't know how much good care my mom would have got there anyway. When I would call, the girl would tell me she was in a meeting or she was not available and she would take a number, but nobody called back, so that was not very good.

We are sorry to hear about the frustrations you encountered and deeply regret we were unable to meet all of your expectations. Please be assured we are committed to quality care and will share your feedback with our team to better serve residents and their families in the future.

April 22, 2014

By Virginia25

Emeritus is close to my sister. The rooms are very nice. There's a golf course. There are several activities, and they take them out. They go to McDonald's; they go to the library. I like the way they care for my mom.

November 22, 2013

Emeritus is a beautiful facility. Their gardens were beautiful and they seemed very friendly going through. The staff was very nice and very friendly. I just felt that my husband is not into the class and a lot of the things that they were doing and I felt like he needed a quieter, smaller facility that would take him better.

October 11, 2013

By Michael32

My mom likes the food at the Emeritus at Villa Colima. She also likes all the staff and the rooms.

September 12, 2013

By Sandra34

We have come across Emeritus online, so we decided to check it out. My husband and I both went there for my mother-in-law. It is a fantastic place. The staffing seems very nice, very informative and very caring. They showed us around the facility. Everything was just excellent but it was just way out of our price range.

June 18, 2013

By ruggles

Nice facility the staff really seem to care,about what I have no idea.No one here seems to be a threat to society.The resident's are pretty much left to their own devices.which is good.They read by day,and watch by night.They are given the opportunity to speak,although most of them are incoherent.But all in all its a nice place to visit,but I would not want to live there.

June 07, 2013

By Vicky4

Emeritus at Villa Colima is perfect for my mom because it's in a Chinese community and my mom spoke only Chinese so they can communicate much better. The staff were very, very helpful. Unfortunately I cannot afford the rates.

March 29, 2013

By Jeanette5

I visited Emeritus twice. The first time I visited, the place seemed livable and nice. The second time I visited unexpectedly. The place was filthy and odorous. The residents were just sitting around without any activities. The rooms were dark and small.

September 11, 2012

By Emeritus at Villa Colima

My dad is living at Emeritus and they are very kind, helpful and caring. They have many things for the people to do. They go on trips and have activities on the premises. I can go to them at anytime and ask questions and they always take the time to answer. I can go there anytime and the facility is very clean and the help is excellent........

June 27, 2012

By JMason2

I thought the staff was great in taking care of their elderly. The people seemed as happy as they can be considering the circumstances. I noticed that some staff had made a personal connection with the elderly and they seemed pretty happy to be able to converse with the staff. This was the first time I had ever been in an elderly shelter so it was very depressing to me. However the staff at this place was better than the other one I had visited in rialto that one was far more depressing. Looking back and comparing the two I would say that the atmosphere and staff here were happier and had a lighter mood than the one in Rialto. Overall I did notice that at this facility the staff had tried to get the residents involved and seem genuinely willing to take time to try to brighten their day. When we visited with cats and dogs the staff were very helpful in getting the elderly excited for the pets. On a last note the facility seemed to have plenty of amenities and was quite clean.

May 31, 2012

By poisonwater

Staff and caretakers seemed dedicated and caring. Rooms were inviting and clean and overall seemed like a decent place to stay. Staff encouraged the elderly to interact with each other and make friends. Patients were treated with dignity and respect overall, on the surface I saw no signs of abuse. Food varied from what I understood. While I have no idea how much individual care each patient got, I was confident my grandma would be taken care of at this facility. The only negatives I have to say about this facility was it seemed small, and the rooms were a little dated looking, though this probably wouldn't have bothered my grandma. There was a commons room and an outdoor courtyard for the patients to roam around in as well. Overall I was fairly impressed by this facility but ultimately she died before we could transfer her into the facility due to complications with her surgery.

May 08, 2012

By 2mm

I checed place to see if an assisted living would be appropriate for my mom. I ultimatly decided that it's too early for her now, but when the time comes, I would place her here. Its a very nice, clean, and friendly facility.

July 27, 2011

I visited a friend here and was impressed with the facilities and the staff. The amenities may be limited but impressive. I visited my friend while she was eating in the dining area and the food looked nutritious and delicious. I also found the activity area quaint and welcoming with the reading corner and the library books. The garden walkway outside was also refreshing and although I didn't get a chance to go inside the rooms, my fiend told me she was very happy and comfortable with hers. There was plenty of parking and the place is very conveniently located near two freeways. i would definitely consider it if I had a relative who needs to go into assisted living.

Let Us Search For You

Features of Brookdale Walnut

• State Licenses: 198204701

About Brookdale Walnut

Amenities and Services
    • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
    • Medication management
    • Dining assistance and special diets
    • Assistance with reminders and redirection
    • Escorts and assistance with walking
    • Emergency response call system
    • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Walnut