Brookdale Wake Forest

611 South Brooks Street, Wake Forest, NC, 27587

Promotion ends in 6 days!

NOTHING SAYS SUMMER LIKE SAVINGS. Move into a Brookdale community by June 30, and receive a $1,000 rent credit! *Eligible new residents will receive a one-time $1,000 credit to the Basic Service Rate/Monthly Fee following the first 90 days of residency.

Reviews of Brookdale Wake Forest

February 11, 2015

I liked their friendliness, and it was obvious that the residents like each other. They seem to know each other and care about each other, and the residents I talked to were happy to be there. Carolina House of Wake Forest is a happy place. It's kind of like being with family, and it felt more like home. I just didn't think it was quite as well kept, but it was not so bad that I wouldn't go there myself if I had to. I would like for them to spruce it up just a little bit.

February 10, 2015

Carolina House is a very wonderful place. It is a smaller place with I believe to be about 50 residents. The lady I have spoken with there was very helpful in providing information. She was extremely friendly. I found the place to be very warm and inviting. The units seem to be par for the course from what I have seen. I was more interested in a single studio. It seems to be price wise par for the course. It seemed to be a bit larger, and it looked nice and well maintained. There were a couple of people hanging out in the dining room because someone was there playing the piano. The dining room is nice. It's a nice sized dining room, and it has a nice view of their courtyard. They have several different activities. I had a glance on their calendar, and one of the activities for that particular day was a group had gone out shopping at a local large store. There were pictures hanging on the wall where they had a cruise ship party at the facility. That was rather interesting to look at those photos. I thought that was a nice type of party to have for the residents.

November 17, 2013

By packlover

I am in the process of finding the right assisted living option for my widowed mother because her physician said she should no longer live alone. During the past 3 weeks, I must have visited 10 options in the triangle and this home was the clear winner for me. I started out thinking a new home was better, but I was pleasantly surprised after visiting this home. This place is well established and seems to have employees that really care about working with seniors. It really has a clean, warm, and happy feeling about it.

October 15, 2013

By Chris32

My parents liked Carolina House of Wake Forest. It wasn't really large, but it looked very clean, and the rooms were nice. It is old, but clean and it would probably be nice if they could update some of the wallpaper. When we visited, there were a lot of people outside, and they have some group activity going on. It was not that depressing. The people we met were very nice, really friendly, and very helpful, answered a bunch of my parents' questions, very knowleadagble about the facility and what it had to offer.

July 11, 2013

By Cheryl10

I've been to the Carolina House of Wake Forest. My first visit wasn't very satisfactory. Somehow, the fire alarm went off and the noise was so awful. It was driving me crazy and I couldn't wait to get out. The people in the Alzheimer's unit can't get out and then I heard somebody saying, "we can't turn it off until the fire department gets here." Other people who were ambulatory and other residents were being helped outside, but not the Alzheimer's patients. It's the nature of the disease that I really cannot leave my mom alone, but there didn't seem to be anybody rushing to help those people outside, so they didn't have to be victims of that ear piercing noise. It was very uncomfortable. The place itself was clean, I have nothing negative to say about that other than I had a problem with that fire alarm. We had a later contact and I told them how unhappy I was about the experience, and they asked me to come back, but at that point I've decided to continue on with mom at home for as long as I possibly can.

December 12, 2012

By jillmcma

Well maintained facility with a caring staff.

May 30, 2012

By BobP1

My mom stayed at this facility for over four years until her dementia progressed to the point that she passed away. Carolina House was the perfect place for her. She stayed in the Alzheimer's and Dementia Care unit. Since she was coming to this from 35 years of living at the same house, I was concerned at first that she would be unhappy or rebel at the change. However, that was not the case at all. She really enjoyed being with the other residents and doing all the activities that they did. She particularly liked the musical activities. She was confined to a wheelchair for the most part due to a degenerated hip. The Carolina House accommodated that very well, with wide hallways and doors. They had a nice dining room inside the dementia unit, with tablecloths and nice dishes and silverware.The staff was friendly and attentive. They got to know my mother and involved her in the activities that she liked and ones that helped her get the appropriate physical and mental exercise. They did a good job administering her medicines.I was very happy with our experience with Carolina House of Wake Forest, and I am appreciative of the way they took care of my mother.

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

Our church group frequently visits this assisted living complex located in Wake Forest. We have several long term members of our community who have now moved into Carolina House and they are enjoying the security that comes with professional, personalized care. The buildings and gardens at this property are designed so that they immediately make you feel at home. There are individual, private apartments with kitchenettes, baths and bedrooms. The open floor plans give a spacious feel to these rooms and there are special features such as the easy grip faucet handles and other bathroom fixtures that add extra convenience for the senior residents. Community involvement is always encouraged and the residents often prepare crafts and home baked goodies to sell as a way to raise funds for charity. I also like the fact that there are so many different activities that are offered during the course of a day. In addition to these events each resident is free to come and go as they wish. If someone wants to go shopping or to a restaurant, transportation is available and an escort can even be requested. No one should ever feel bored because there is always something new and different to discover.

June 29, 2011

By chrisdel1982

This facility really cares about its residents. Providing them with great care. I once saw a staff member bring fresh cut flowers to a resident who in recent days had gone through a personal issue that really made her sad. The smile on this residents face when she received these flowers was priceless! Its not a large facility and is quite small. They offer the residents to go on outings and to get out into the community. The small size of the facility doesn't seem to allow the residents the opportunity to be alone unless they stay stay in their rooms.

Services & Amenities of Brookdale Wake Forest

• Low Salt
  • Renal

• State Licenses: HAL-092-032

About Brookdale Wake Forest

Brookdale Wake Forest provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Wake Forest