Brookdale Lake Brazos

3801 Martin Luther King Junior Boulevard, Waco, TX, 76708

Reviews of Brookdale Lake Brazos

NancP February 21, 2013

I would highly recommend this facility to anyone. First & foremost their nursing staff was available 24/7 for my father in law & they truly became our family. Each staff member made us feel at home. They even sent us photos of him enjoying his favorite activity bingo while showing off his prizes. It's one thing to provide care in a safe environment which was most important to us but to go above & beyond like Meadowlands did time & time again.... I can't say enough positive things about this facility. The overall best assisted living with top notch care, in an environment that feels as close to home as you can get.

VirginiaMiller November 08, 2012

After visiting several assisted living facilites in the Waco area, my family and ofcourse Granny chose Meadowlands Terrace to be her new home. We chose this facility for several reasons, one of which is the outstanding care their staff provides. They truly care about these senior citizens which is why Meadowlands feels like home not only for Granny but for us. You will find a friendly smiling face as soon as you walk through their door. Another reason we chose Meadowlands is because they have 4 nurses who work there. Because of our busy schedules it feels good knowing there is an actual nurse there to look after our Granny. I would highly suggest this facility for your loved ones to call home.

Sunny Grandpa November 07, 2012

I love this facility, the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. I felt comfortable going to them for help and felt like they cared about us. The food there is amazing and the help with dietary needs for those with diabetes and others. Best decision I ever made was to move in to Emeritus!

DTyler July 25, 2012

The facility was nice and clean, they had a meal plan setup for diabetics which I loved extremely. The nurses frequently checked up on my grandmother and even had programs to do with them which my grandmother enjoyed greatly. Most of the staff that I talked to was nice and very talkative, except one which was a little rude but not rude enough to actually be offensive. All in all the facility as a whole is a nice place, they have a game room type area that my grandmother liked to sit and watch TV with some of the other elderly. When my grandmother was having a turn for the worst they quickly got her to the hospital where she later died, but there was nothing that anyone could do (doctors own words). The only bad part about it all is that there is cheaper retirement communities that I seen, but this would probably be one of the few that I trust.

commercesd January 09, 2012

As we approached the Meadowlands Terrace in Waco, we saw the lovely shores of Brazos River, where our uncle has enjoyed sporting events, fishing and watching the wildlife. We liked that this might comfort him. The setting is peaceful and lends itself to a tranquil environment.

The outside was well-kept and resembled a casual motel, with its welcoming carport at the front. We saw residents enjoying a variety of activities when we went inside.

From reading to parties and other social gatherings, there is plenty to do at this facility for seniors. They also have card tournaments, which our uncle would enjoy.

The resident quarters were all nicely decorated and seemed very well-kept. It seemed like their was plenty of privacy, should it be desired. The available units were freshly painted and there was a choice offered for decor.

The staff could be seen attending to the needs of residents - from helping them access a snack, to offering to check a menu for the day's meal offerings, all of which looked delicious.

We really liked the genuineness of the staff, the home style meal offerings, and all of the daily activities offered at this facility. It was clear to us that Meadowlands Terrace really cares about its residents - which is the number one concern for us. The seniors there seem happy to call it home.

griffstutu December 16, 2011

Everyone I have worked with on this move has exceeded my wildest expectations. Their unfailing kindness and patience have gone a long way in restoring my faith in the innate goodness of human beings.

Melissa has gone far and above to make sure the transition went smoothly. Her organized and consistent assistance was very much appreciated.

Janice was a true joy in this cast of excellent professionals. I very much appreciated all that she did for us.

Tammie Stephens September 14, 2011

This is a lovely facility that offers several different levels of care, depending on each person's individual needs. It is in a nice area near the Brazos River. But the staff at Emeritus is what makes this a special place to live. They say they care about their residents and they truly do. They address people by name and ask who their visitors are. One staff member reminded my friend that they were serving her favorite dessert at dinner that night, so she wouldn't miss it. Truly a place people can feel at home.

From Brookdale Lake Brazos

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Lake Brazos

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): 000379