Voorhees Senior Living

501 Laurel Oak Road, Voorhees, NJ, 08043

Reviews of Voorhees Senior Living

carmen-linda March 11, 2015

We have no regrets choosing Voorhees Senior Living as the home for mom. At first we were doing a respite stay for 30 days just so mom could decide her future home. Within the 30 days stay, mom couldn't be more happier meeting new girlfriends and totally loves her new home. Starting from the beginning of walking into VSL the staff is AWESOME...friendly, pleasant, caring and willing to do above and beyond for the residents. Six months later now and we are all one big happy family!

mrs. pratt February 25, 2015

Here's my reason for my FIVE STARS.... STAR #1...The concierge's are great they handle everything for my mom... dr. appts, transportation of trips, hair appts, nail appts, errands, ETC STAR #2... The nursing department is a group of caring ladies that are willing to go above and beyond for residents. STAR #3... The dining room is awesome, very friendly group of servers and has a variety of choices for the residents to pick each day. A must is our famous ice cream sundaes every Saturday @ 3pm STAR #4...The activity department is WONDERFUL.. they do their best keeping the mom and other residents busy doing all kinds of crafts and outings. Plus they host plenty of events for families to join and enjoy with their love ones which is great especially for those who can't travel out the facility. STAR #5...The housekeeping ladies are great at helping mom and others maintain their apartments and also keep the community looking well.

Dayylynn December 22, 2014

This is NOT a five star facility! I have a family member that currently resides here and she is not treated well. I have seen her physically abused, not fed, and left to sit in a soiled diaper until blisters form. I have complained to the Director but her care has gotten worse. They are under staffed and seem to go through Directors and Management faster then they change diapers. It seems the only friendly and caring workers is the kitchen staff. This place is very deceiving. When you walk in it smells great and looks clean however, they do not clean the residents rooms as they should; leaving feces on the toilet for weeks! They also don't wash their clothes all the time. If a residents cloths are soiled in urine they will only throw it in the dryer and give it right back to the resident, claiming their laundry detergent is cheap. I would NEVER recommend this facility to any. I will be going much further with this situation.

Thank you taking the time to write a review about Voorhees Senior Living. I apologize for the experience you and your loved one had at our community. I am the Executive Director and I am concerned about the items you have mentioned. We work hard to provide clinical excellence in an environment with all of the warmth and hospitality of home. We scrutinize ourselves daily as part of our efforts to achieve the high standards and personal touch that we expect at Voorhees Senior Living. Likewise, we ask our residents and families for their invaluable input through a variety of venues. To that end, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you by phone or in person as soon as possible. Please let me know what is the best way to contact you, and we can discuss this afternoon or meet in the office on Friday.

Shanyn Ryan, Executive Director, Voorhees Senior Living

Warning! September 25, 2013

This is a very deceptive place. On the outside it looks lovely, but there is lack care, terrible food, no dietitian, and no activities director (they have aides doing activities, which takes them away from the occupants they are assigned to). The facility is understaffed, dysfunctional and occupants do not receive the care they are paying for. Often times meds are not given because they run out. If my family had known all of this we would never have put our mother here!!!

Brenda6 March 22, 2013

Five Star was very nice. I liked it and my mom liked it too. They have a dining room aside from the cafeteria where you could have all the special food and my mother would like that. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. A lot of the medical care is on site. The room is kind of small and I thought it would be better, but they explained that my mother was only one person and she wouldn't spend most of her time on her own. They have a large lounge or family room with big screen TV and there's a lot of area where they could go, so they won't have to stay in their homes or to themselves, and it made me feel better about it. The food is according to their diet and I like that if you're not coming down to eat, they'd get very worried and come check on you.

From Voorhees Senior Living

Voorhees Senior Living offers compassionate senior care in Voorhees, NJ. We strive to create a home-like atmosphere where you and your loved ones can feel secure. Our warm, well-trained staff works closely with our residents to provide the utmost care and comfort. As part of the Five Star corporation, you can be sure that everyone at Voorhees Senior Living shares the Five Star Values, and is committed to a high level of caring in all that they do. Please schedule a visit to see why we are the first choice in senior care in Voorhees, NJ.

Features of Voorhees Senior Living