Brookdale Voorhees

1301 Laurel Oak Road, Voorhees, NJ, 08043

Reviews of Brookdale Voorhees

July 04, 2015

By Nicholas7

We visited Brookdale Voorhees (Formerly Emeritus at Voorhees). The staff was very nice, but they only wanted my money. They weren't looking at what my dad really needed. They were only looking at what they could do to benefit themselves. He needs to be monitored 24 hours a day basically. The rooms and the apartments were nice. The whole facility was extremely nice, but it's just not what he needs.

April 27, 2015

I didn't feel comfortable at Brookdale Voorhees. The person that showed me around seemed to be agitated and couldn't sit still for very long. I didn't feel she was comfortable with me. It was quite a large place and was well appointed. It had a nice big dining hall. They were so accommodating and nice and brought whatever food I wanted to try. For the most part, it was fine. The rooms and bathrooms weren't quite as big as the other places. It had three floors and a lot of residents. They had a bus once a week that would go to a movie theater that had free entertainment.

We are very sorry to hear that you did not feel comfortable at Brookdale Voorhees. Our goal is to help individuals and their families find customized senior living solutions to fit their needs. We would like very much for you to give us another opportunity, and we hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

March 07, 2015

We chose Brookdale Voorhees for my parents because it is a newer facility. It seems like the staff is more responsive, and the administration is more interested plus, I like the layout of it. I think the staff is very good and responsive especially the registered nurse. She has been very helpful and willing to answer questions. They have plenty of activities like bingo and day trips. They also have physical therapy, a spa, and computer banks. I think it is very well-kept. I would recommend this facility to others. Another thing nice about it is that it was not being secluded. There are a lot of trees around. It has a quiet and serene atmosphere.

February 28, 2015

Brookdale Voorhees was much too fancy, much too expensive, it was more country club-ish, and it was not my style. The staff was fine. They were more than gracious and very nice. There were a lot of activities and they seemed very busy, but I am not looking for a really active place. I am looking for a place where I can be comfortable in and make some friends and be taken care of properly. For my circumstances, it was way too fancy and too social -- just not what I was looking for.

February 16, 2015

I went to Brookdale Voorhees, and I loved it. It is a beautiful facility. The amenities were nicer, and the rooms were bigger. I had a good experience there. We only picked what we picked because of the distance. Of all the Brookdale I visited, the one in Voorhees is the best one. They made the best impression, and they had the cleanest facility. The amenities seemed to be up-to-date. The service that we got from them -- from the marketing person all the way to speaking with the nurse -- impressed me. They had said something that the other Brookdale didn't say. They say they would have to do a medical evaluation of my father to even determine whether he could go. They were the only one who said that. If we couldn't get to the other facility, I was going to put my parents here. I would recommend Brookdale Voorhees.

January 26, 2015

I liked the rooms and the memory care of Brookdale Voorhees. I have a better feeling there. They had a big fireplace, and the dining area seemed a little bit more open and nice.

December 18, 2014

By Patrick13

What I liked about Emeritus at Voorhees was the way it was set up where it seemed far from institutional, more like a hotel. It didn't feel like you were in a hospital. The pricing was a lot better, and the location was pretty nice because my father knew the area. The staff seemed OK. The sales personnel who walked me around was very nice. The rooms were within what I would consider a tolerable size and space, and I didn't see any downside to it. One of the things that I liked is that they schedule the shower time. My father had trouble standing sometimes, so if he would fall, they would have somebody available for him. The menu seemed alright, but you could always order something else if you didn't like what they were serving. The dining room was nice and bright. It had a lot of natural light that came in.

October 07, 2014

We did visit Brookdale Voorhees. The rooms were very nice and very comfortable. The surroundings were beautiful, but they have very few patients in the memory care unit. We thought they were too isolated and that there was very little interaction. With their food, it didn’t look like there were any problems with that. Their cafeteria was very large and there were people who were being lectured on a topic of space travel. They have plenty of activities. The staff was excellent. Overall, I think the facility is great except for the memory unit area. I would recommend this facility for those who do not have memory problems.

August 10, 2014

By Lynne13

Emeritus at Voorhees was a nice place. It was new, open and bright, but it was wicked hot in there. What I didn't like was that basically the whole building was on its own boiler system, so if a resident was hot in his or her room, they couldn't open a window. I thought that was a safety issue. For example, what if there is a fire and someone needed to climb out the window? It's impossioble because the windows don't open. My dad likes fresh air and he likes to sleep with the window open, so if he can't control the heat or the air-conditioning, they should give him the option of regulating it. Nevertheless, Emeritus was very well kept. Maintenance looked like it was really good. The place was beautiful. They probably have more activities going because they are closer to Philadelphia. Also, they got a lot more people that could fill a bus and go to the Philadelphia Art Museum, to a casino, or to a farmers market, etc. I looked at their list of activities and I said, "Wow, this is really great!" I looked at their menus and they looked pretty good. The staff had no problems taking me around and answering all my questions. I walked in without an appointment and they were still very gracious and took me around. I was very pleased with that. I actually just walked in there and wanted to make an appointment. They said, "We have somebody available to take you right now," and I said, "OK, fine." I thought that was really nice.

June 30, 2014

By Cheryl35

We visited Emeritus, and the staff was fine. They were wonderful. I really enjoyed talking to them. They were very helpful, informative, and they were excellent. The rooms were beautiful. It was just not right for my mother because my mother was coming from a 2,500 square foot house, and we couldn't put her into a 350 square foot room. She's not disabled, and she isn't really ready for that. However, the residents looked very happy and content. They looked very pleased with their environment. I told my mother that it was like a hotel. I liked it. I am a more of social person, and if I went into that situation, I would say, "Okay, let's play bingo or let's go on a bus trip!" because I am more of like my father. My mother is the opposite of me. She's a homebody and happy to stay home and watch TV. She doesn't want to meet new people. My brother and I had to go there and visit, and then we realized that it was not going to work for our mom. However, I said to my brother, "Bill, it will work for me. God! I'm 56, I can move in there! I'll be meeting the whole group!"

June 26, 2014

By Mary83602850

We visited Emeritus. It seemed more like a nursing home when we took a tour. When the time comes that my dad has to go some place that's more assisted living, we would probably move him there. The staff was very good. The woman who took us on a tour knew almost everyone she saw by name, spoke to them, was very caring with them. She told us they had local choirs from church come in to sing. They had clergy come in. It seemed well kept. The rooms seemed home-like, but the common area seemed more like an institution.

April 11, 2014

By Dottie2

The only thing I didn’t like about Emeritus at Voorhees is when you walk in the front door you are in the dining area. I didn’t like the thought of the front door opening and closing when people are trying to eat, but the facility is clean and neat. The people were wonderful and very nice.

February 15, 2014

By Harry19

I did like Emeritus, it was nice. The rooms were a nice size. Some of them were on ground level and they had a patio which was unique. Not very many of them had a patio. You could actually open a sliding glass door and go out onto a patio. That was different. The dining room was decent, they kept it clean. Everything was clean. The women went into a room and they were playing cards. Any afternoon, they could go down and have tea set up for them. They could have all kinds of teas and coffees if they wanted to. It was quite nice there also.

January 30, 2014

My mother has been at Emeritus for a while and they do two activities but unfortunately there's only one director. She's really wonderful but it would be much better if they would have more help. The staff is very nice to my mother and they treat her nice. The food should be better. They could have more fruits and vegetables.

January 24, 2014

By Mom'sSon

Mom's been in Memory Care at Emeritus Voorhees for about a year. My family's consistently been impressed by the degree of personal attention and caring shown her by the staff: senior administrators, health aides, even housekeeping staff all show Mom affection and personal attention. For many of the employees here, their work seems more like a calling than a job. Residents' rooms are a good size and comfortable, common areas offer a home-like feel and are well-maintained, the meals are nutritious and tasty. There is a variety of activities every week designed to offer residents stimulation and varied experiences. Emeritus's philosophy of "join the journey" of each resident results in each resident being treated with respect. A calm, peaceful, safe place that I'd recommend for anybody's loved one.

September 27, 2013

By runnergirl

My Father arrived in May 2013 and the staff has been wonderful. He has gained his weight back and his memory has improved. His foot doctor is pleased with the care he is receiving for his heel. The staff and aides are terrific with him and the family. I'm so pleased to know I don't have to worry about him and he is in a safe place begin well cared for. The facility is beautiful and they continue to make improvements.

July 22, 2013

By Menta

Extremely friendly and attentive facility. My mother loves it there and I am happy that they keep me informed of her activities and difficulties. They are quick to respond with my questions and I feel very secure knowing that my mother is in good hands and being treated properly.

June 28, 2013

By Faith2

It was newly remodelled and clean but expensive.

March 21, 2013

By Brenda6

Someone from Emeritus called and invited me to come with my mother to have lunch and a tour of the facility. The place was very nice, the staff was friendly, and the food was good. I like best that the location was very nice and so like the country where my mother lived, and it's not that far from the city.

May 09, 2012

By rkosyla

The staff was extremely friendly and were always attentive to their residents needs. The place itself was a pretty good size, not too big or too small, and residents didn't seem to have a hard time getting around. Most were in wheelchairs so that obviously adds a number of problems to it. The food was really good. I was surprised that they actually had to much to eat and such a variety as well. When we went up to my family friends' room, it seemed pretty comfortable. It had a small couch and a good sized bed along with a TV with cable. There were also nurses walking by all the time, peering in to make sure the residents were doing okay. The place was extremely safe, too & you had to be buzzed in and out of the building. They let most people out if it was nice but some were too old to go out on their own.

Photos of Brookdale Voorhees

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: New Jersey Assisted Living

About Brookdale Voorhees

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Map of Brookdale Voorhees