Atria Virginia Beach

1628 Old Donation Parkway, Virginia Beach, VA, 23454

Reviews of Atria Virginia Beach

Caring92271350 August 13, 2014

If I had my choice, I'd have my wife in Atria Virginia Beach. She used to be in Atria. It was a really nice facility and the food was outstanding. They have a chef who comes around and serves the food -- the food that you get is very high quality. It really looks like a country club when you go in. The rooms were nice and roomy, well-kept and well-furnished. The grounds were immaculate. They just had a recent turnover and they replaced the staff. From what I understand, the staff is now really top-notch. So, if I was to recommend a place it would be Atria.

Caring81593350 June 23, 2014

The Atria is outstanding, I have some relatives in there, some in-laws, and they love it, but it’s pricey. It’s like being on a vacation and staying on a ritzy hotel. It’s fairly new. It is furnished very nicely. It is very clean and has beautiful gardens. They’ve got a beautiful dining room and a salon. They have all kinds of activities.

Chris43 March 26, 2014

Atria had an opening, and it seemed like a good fit for my friend. The staff was very friendly, very nice, and very helpful. They helped me get her moved in easily. It is very nice. She's getting excellent care there. When she pushes her little button, they come very fast. It's amazing how well it's going.

The rooms are very nice. It's very comfortable, and she was able to decorate it with things from her home. The food is pretty good. They have a lot of activities going on. They have card games, they have shows, they have movies, and a happy hour. The care she's getting is so good. They respond to her so quickly, and that's what's important. In my experience with assisted living, they're about the best one I've ever run into.

Ginny3 January 24, 2014

The Atria Virginia Beach was close to my mom's doctor and everybody was very nice. It was very clean. The staff was very professional. They had exercises, movies, and games like Bingo. They have transportation services and they take residents to places, plus they have outings, they go out to dinner somewhere. My mother liked it and she was happy there. I think they did their very level best to provide my mother everything that she needed. I never ever had the impression that they didn't care or that they didn't want to have as their goal, having everything just right, so that means a lot to me. They were responsive when I complained and they did the best they could to make things right.

SueSue June 15, 2012

My fiancee was to admitted Atrium last summer (2011) after being diagnosed with dementia and heart issues. His daughter had power of attorney and after visiting many assisted living facilities and consulting with me, she decided to move him to Atrium. One of the positive aspects was that they allowed pets there, and he was able to take his two cats with him. His dementia and general health deteriorated rapidly, and he had to be admitted to the hospital two times as well as spend a week in a nursing home for rehab. Throughout everything that went on with his health, the administrators at Atrium were wonderful. They made recommendations, and when it was time for him to move to the dementia unit they helped to make that a very smooth transition. I can only say good things about Atrium. It was bright, clean, had a lovely dining area, and everyone there was very friendly and caring. I observed a lot of the residents involved in different activities as well as in the dining rooms. For this tramatic time in my fiancee's life, I think this was the best place for him at the time. When he was in the dementia unit he required 24 hour care and could not be left alone. The staff would stop in and visit him as well as play with the cats. They were all happy and positive and truly cared about his health and safety. The residents who wereon the assisted living side were happy and content, especially the women. While this was a very sad and difficult time, Atrium really helped us to understand what was going on, and to understand how to deal with the dementia issue. Unfortunately, my fiancee died in November of 2011--a very peaceful death, surrounded by his two cats.

twilliams7 May 19, 2012

I visited Atria assisted living facility a couple months ago. I went to see an old neighbor of mine who I became very close to. The facility was beautiful very well taken care of. The landscape was very nice and colorful. The people seemed to enjoy staying there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The residents have many choices of floor plans to stay in. They also have their choice of amenities and events they would like to attend. I would highly recommend this place.

benjamin scott October 01, 2011

The staff is wonderful and they seem to do all they can to help the residents enjoy life. The rooms are a bit small and price isn't cheap, but I don't know that it's any more expensive than similar facilities. On the plus side, each room has it's own bathroom and there are lots of activities that are planned for the residents. - Not the fanciest in town, but the staff and care are wonderful, the food is good, and the rooms are comfortable. It's spotlessly clean, and has a beautiful sun room, along with a full range of activities for the residents. The 54 bus stops right in front and the 44 is just a few blocks away. A friend's aunt was a resident here and enjoyed it very much.

From Atria Virginia Beach

Located in the heart of Virginia Beach - one of America's premier resort towns - Atria Virginia Beach is a welcoming community with all the comforts of home. Stay active through a diverse social calendar that includes exercise classes, book discussions and educational seminars. Atria Virginia Beach is near shops, restaurants, hospitals and, of course, beaches.

Atria Virginia Beach offers the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Café
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartments, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance