Atlantic Shores

1200 Atlantic Shores Drive, Virginia Beach, VA, 23454

Reviews of Atlantic Shores

Caring80360650 September 11, 2014

I chose Marina Bay at Atlantic Shores because my friend lives here at Atlantic Shores. She had an apartment here and then she went into the assisted living at Harbourway, and now she is in unit here. It is a progressive thing within the community here, so it is easy for me to be able to take care of her there and also, they know her. The clinic here also where her primary care physician is at. My friend is getting excellent care. The ratio of the staff to the people within the community is good, so she has excellent care and I'm very comfortable with it. I'm relieved. I was spending five to six days a week visiting her and now, I can go once a week and know that she has been taken care of during the week. The food is good. They have very good activities and that's one of her pleasures. They take them outside for rides and so forth. Activities are very, very good. Her room is sufficient.

Frank28 September 09, 2014

We visited Atlantic Shores several times; we live near there. We know what they do and we appreciate it. I know several people who live there too. When Joan had one of her hip operations, she had her rehab there. And we were impressed. It was spacious and very, very pleasant. Everybody seemed great, and they followed up as well. We had gone there as guests to some of their fairs with gourmet dining and another with a program on downsizing, so we think we know something about that. When we ever feel we have to move, that’ll be high on our list. I saw nothing I didn’t like.

Caring71165550 April 12, 2014

Atlantic Shores is very, very nice. I've been there a couple of times. There was someone there who we had dinner with and who has been there quite a while. The food and the staff were fine. They had all kinds of activities. They had trips to the beach, to the doctor's office, shopping. They had a little gardening place where you can garden outside. They had a library, a swimming pool, physical fitness activities.

They have separate little cottages where you can cook if you want to, bedrooms, bath, the whole thing. It's like a small house, 1200 sq. ft. or 1400 sq. ft. Then they have apartments. We stayed in an apartment because there were no homes available, and the apartment was fine. It's like a hotel.

It's very good. It's near the ocean; you're about 2 miles away. If you do any shopping, it's about 4 miles. If you like airplanes, it's great. Oceana is the Naval Air station where they fly F-18s at night and day, 24 hours, and it's at the end of the runway.

Yvette2 July 29, 2013

Atlantic Shores had an assisted living facility and memory unit on site, so if you needed a step down you didn't have to leave the facility. They had an onsite physical therapist and if you needed extra assistance or a private trainer, they were there. You did not need a lot of money upfront but you just had to buy into the Coop and get your unit. The apartment-style units had a patio, double-car garage, two bedrooms and decks in the back. There was no additional charge for the storage space. They had a meal plan at $165 included if you chose to eat in the facility. They had a multitude of activities, they had a lot of wildlife like turtles, ducks, cranes, hawks, among others and boats were available too. They had a long walk going up to the gazebo with a gate and buses were available without an extra charge. The facility was private, security guards were present and it was protected and secured.

JccSilverado2388 May 19, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The common areas are very clean and open. The rooms and hall ways are very nicely kept and the staff is very friendly to their residents. Grounds maintenance does an excellent job as well as the security personnel that work there. The community is very large and has several roads that do not have road names so finding your way around to the correct building can be confusing if you have not visited before. There are many amenities in the facility including a very nice restraint as well as a hair salon. There are also other stores such as manicure and pedicure businesses. Overall it is a great place and rated well over the other ones in the area in my opinion. If I, or a family member had to go to an assisted living community this is the one I would want.

About Atlantic Shores

Atlantic Shores is an assisted living facility in Virginia Beach, VA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Atlantic Shores for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Atlantic Shores