Brookdale Vestal East

505 Clubhouse Road, Vestal, NY, 13850

Reviews of Brookdale Vestal East

Linda97246350 November 24, 2014

Emeritus at Woodland Manor was a very nice facility. It was actually like a very nice motel. Regarding rooms, they just had bedrooms and the community center. The staff seemed very pleasant. With regards to activities, they had a card table setup, TVs, and a reading room.

Vincent6 November 06, 2014

My father is in Emeritus. There wasn’t any waiting period here. It’s a new facility. It’s about 3 years old, and the people’s initial approach was very nice. The staff seems to be very professional. Now that he’s been there about a month, we see little things of some confusion with getting all his clothing back, but other than that, it’s pretty nice. He complains that a lot of times the food is cold, but he is complaining about everything. They don’t use any salt in any of their food, but it looks good.

I think it’s very clean. They’re very nice rooms. It’s shared with a wall in between and a shared bathroom. He’s in the dementia ward, so it’s extra money for that. They have sing-alongs and movies. They go on bus trips sometimes. They had a Halloween party.

Susan91612250 August 14, 2014

We really liked the people at Emeritus and the fact that the facility was all one floor. The residents seemed happy when we visited. The biggest meal is at lunch time and everything that I've seen on the menu has been very healthy. The staff seemed very good -- they seemed very friendly and willing to help. The room is fine; my mom is in a double room and her roommate is very friendly and helpful. They have different kinds of crafts. They played cards and they go on field trips.

Pat2912 August 10, 2014

Emeritus at Woodland Manor was fantastic. I would love to have my father in there, but with the finances, we just couldn't work it out. Nevertheless, they were very helpful and knowledgeable about the care that I needed. The room was spacious; it was quite bigger than I thought it would be. It had a private bath. I had lunch at Emeritus and it was very good. It was wonderful. The dining area was like a restaurant. There were a lot of activities. They actually had an activities director that my father could meet with; they could tell him about the acitivies and find some that he would like. Regarding location, everything was pretty much right there. They had transportation onsite so if you needed to go somewhere, they had a mini van that would take you.

Caring82186850 April 22, 2014

Everything in Emeritus is nice, including the scenery, the people, and the food . The staff is very good. The one-bedroom apartment I saw was roomier and very nice. The dining room was nice, and the food as well. They had diverse activities. The residents looked healthy, active, and very good. I liked the people there.

Beverly29 February 26, 2014

Everybody seems so friendly at Emeritus. My daughter and I had lunch there and the food was fantastic. They had chicken and biscuits and it was out of this world. I can’t remember what the dessert was but I know that there was maybe a pie but obviously the chicken and biscuits made a bigger impression than the dessert.

The dining room was a nice-sized room. There were just three of us sitting at the table and most of the tables were four people which is nice. It appeared that you sat where you want to instead of this is where you sit and you sit and you sit. The staff seems to be extremely considerate. There wasn’t a bad review amongst them.

Robert68965250 September 19, 2013

In terms of staffing and the facility itself, Emeritus at Woodland Manor is similar to its sister facility where my mom is in right now. At that time when we were looking for a place for my mother, we visited this place and we liked what we saw so we decided to place her there. I ate there and I thought the food was very good. In terms of caring, with my mom's condition, they were able to meet her needs.The people there were very friendly and very caring. They answered my questions whenever I was there. If there was a problem, they would call right away and made us aware of it. We have nothing but good experience while my mother was there. I absolutely recommend this place.

Sunflowerman78 April 05, 2012

The facility was clean and up to date. The family friend we cam to visit appeared to enjoy her stay at the facility. She commented on the quality and timeliness of services, as well as accessibility of staff. She also enjoyed the food and recreation opportunities for residents. Her son, our family friend, was also pleased that the visiting hours and location were accessible based upon his employment schedule and location. The nature ion the area seems like an excellent befit to residents. The facility appeared to be adequately staffed and was very clean and organized. There were many other visitors when we were there, and they all had similar positive reports about the facility. If I were in need of placing a family member in an assisted living facility, I would recommend this agency without hesitation. I would close by adding the road is on top of a steep hill, which may be problematic for visitations during the winter months or during snowy or icy conditions.

nell12100 September 29, 2011

My grandmom is currently a resident at the Emeritus at Woodland Manor. I recently went to visit her. When I first arrived, I was greeted by a few staff members asking if they could be of help and if I needed directions. once I reached my grandmoms room, I was very pleased by the cleanliness and up-to-date facilities in her room. My grandmom proceeded to compliment on how great the food is there and how nice the staff is to her. Her days are always filled with fun activities. I had the pleasure of meeting some of the nursing staff that helped to take care of the grandmother..I monitored while they gave her a bath and administered medications. I could not think of a better place for my grandmother to be. I would recommend the Emeritus at Woodland Manor to anyone looking for a great place for their loved ones.

From Brookdale Vestal East

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Vestal East