Cypress Place Senior LIving

1200 Cypress Point Lane, Ventura, CA, 93003

Reviews of Cypress Place Senior LIving

October 06, 2016

By Mary750524

Cypress Place was very nice and appeared homey yet tasteful, not institutionalized. It was like a really nice hotel. They made cookies, so it smelled very nice. I actually asked them how old you have to be to live there because I wouldn’t mind being there. They had a salon, bus trips, and a movie room. The staff was very knowledgeable and very friendly.

September 30, 2016

By Tom250571

Cypress Place Senior Living was very clean and well managed, and it seemed very comfortable. I think the people there were helpful. The restaurant was nice, and the rooms seemed adequate.

September 07, 2016

By Momwasaresident

My mother was in the memory unit. As she began to need a wheelchair, she would forget and sometimes fall. Despite having no visible injuries, Cypress Place sent her to the emergency room and then insisted she go into a nursing home to make sure she was alright. Repeatedly, she became ill while in the nursing homes. Her clothing, financial resources and health were negatively affected. Nice apartment but little family support or information..

We are sorry you feel that you had a negative experience with your mom here at our community. At Cypress Place, we put our residents’ safety and well-being first and we are in constant communication with our residents and their families. We apologize that you feel that we unnecessarily requested that your mother go to the emergency room, where she then was discharged to a skilled nursing facility to get extra rehabilitation. We pride ourselves on doing what is right for the residents, and we have not heard any complaints about this besides what you have written. You’ll see by the other reviews on this page, that we take pride in our community, staff, and the care and services we offer. Our staff works every day to improve and enhance the lives of our residents and do so with great skill and compassion.

That said, we are always looking for ways to improve and strengthen our resident care, teamwork, and business practices. If you feel we are not meeting your expectations of care, we would like to hear from you. We welcome the opportunity to discuss all we have to offer at Cypress Place Senior Living, please call me directly at (805) 650-8000 x14.

February 29, 2016

By David121230350

Cypress Place was very nice. The staff that we saw was fine. They were very friendly and open. One of the residents let us to see her room. The dining area seemed to be good.

February 27, 2016

By Caring H

The rooms at Cypress Place Senior Living are large and have several options for shared rooms; our budget wouldn’t allow for a private room. The shared room we saw had more storage and a little kitchenette with a refrigerator and sink. The place is big, like a hotel. We spoke with the marketing director who spent a great deal of time with us even though he knows that it is beyond our financial means to put Mom in there. He even did a follow up call. If we could afford it, we would have placed Mom there. They have a computer room where there is Wi-Fi, crafts, and a lot of outdoor activities.

January 27, 2016

By Satisfied visitor6

I like the social activities, the cleanliness, and the atmosphere of Cypress Place. The staff is wonderful; many of them have been there for about 10 to 15 years, and that’s kind of impressive. My sister has only been there a short time, and I’m very happy.

January 15, 2016

By Kevin24

Cypress Place has nice facilities, the people seem to know what they’re doing, and they have experience with keeping people happy and active. It was clean.

December 17, 2015

Cypress Place was nice. They had studios, one-bedrooms and two-bedrooms, which were nice-sized. I would recommend them.

November 08, 2015

By Margaret115259150

I saw the people at Cypress Place interacting. The common areas were attractive, and it didn’t feel like a nursing home. You could obviously see the people that were in there had memory issues, but they were engaged. When I walked through with the staff, they recognized the staff and were calling and greeting them. It wasn’t just somebody taking me on a visit; it was somebody that they appreciated and cared about. Every one of them was lovely. Price was one of the things that I had to look out for, and here actually works for us and was something that was doable for us. It was nice and affordable. It has two levels; since the patients' rooms were upstairs, they were escorted downstairs and back to their rooms by somebody.

September 26, 2015

By Marlene30

Cypress Place is a very nice facility and people are very nice. So far it’s been great. What I like the most is the way they run their facility. They’re very accommodating and very friendly. They have been very patient with me and my situation. I was not able to try the food, but we did see the menu and it was great.

September 04, 2015

By Carleenson

Cypress Place was about equal with the other place we visited in terms of services and the sumptuousness of the facilities. I was really impressed. It was just more expensive.

June 01, 2015

By Erin6

Cypress Place is the one where it just felt like a hotel or a hospital. I didn't really like that about the hallways and the elevator and that type of stuff. In the other facility, my dad doesn't have to deal with any of that because he is just in a small kind of cottage area, and it is very nice. They are very nice though. I don't think I did try the food. My dad is not picky with that kind of stuff so I didn't do that type of tour. I didn't really try any food in any of the other places. My dad has been a bachelor his whole life, so having someone fix him things just seems like a pleasure. I just quickly went on the tour, and I wasn't looking at that type of atmosphere, so that is why I didn't really continue further.

March 17, 2015

By Catherine23

Cypress Place is very nice, and the people are very nice. I have no complaints about any of the places I went to so far. They all seem very nice. I won't hesitate to place my mother in any of the places I saw. They have some classes going on. They have some kind of physical activities for the residents. They have laundry and certainly the restaurants and café. The staff is very friendly. The people we saw seem happy. They need to improve the price. I understand why it is expensive though. The reason I saved the information for Cypress is because it is a bit more affordable.

January 24, 2015

By Elaine29

Dad was at Cypress Place Senior Living before passing away. The staff was fabulous. They met all of dad's needs which were many. It has a lovely outdoor patio setting, so I feel it was safe and secure. It had a very nice home environment. Everything was very clean, and the rooms were spacious. They also have various activities, and whatever the resident needed, they were able to meet those needs. So if they wanted to go for a ride, they have that option. They also do stimulating activities, so that was good. The dining area is like a diner or café setting, and that was very charming. The food was good. They have a menu set of the month, and what they offered was healthy.

December 23, 2013

By Lindsay2

Cypress Place was nice. I did see one studio apartment there. They did have activities for their residents. They even have their own beauty shops. Compared to the rehab place that my mother was in, I would say this facility was upscale. I would consider this place for her because, in terms of location, it is just right across from where I work and it is also close to where I live.

Photos of Cypress Place Senior LIving

Features of Cypress Place Senior LIving

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Coffee Shop
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Apt.

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Licenses: RCFE license

About Cypress Place Senior LIving

There's a temperate climate and fresh sea air for residents of Cypress Place, nestled just off the central coast in the City of Ventura. The beautiful senior living campus features an Active Senior Living community and adjacent Assisted Living and Alzheimer's/Dementia Care community connected by a lushly landscaped courtyard.

Lively conversation in the parlor bistro, laughter in the activities room and a helping hand when you need it make Cypress Place Assisted Living a special place to live. Apartment choices are important and include studio and one-bedroom options. In addition, Cypress Place features welcoming common areas filled with activity and friendly neighbors for an enriching lifestyle.

Map of Cypress Place Senior LIving