Village on the Isle

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Village on the Isle

August 09, 2015

By Charles109971650

The rooms were very nice. Village on the Isle was a much larger and more populated place. It seemed like a little city really, but it was very nice, and the staff that we met was extremely friendly and informative.

May 13, 2015

By Lyn9

I have made arrangements to go to Village on the Isle. I know that it was bought by the Lutheran Church, and it is very well maintained. The apartments it has are reasonably priced, and it is a good enough size for a person. The staff was very helpful. They showed me around, and it is a great place.

March 19, 2015

I also went to the Village on the Isle. It was a very nice facility. My overall impression is that it looks great. It is just out of my price range for the assisted living facility. I could not afford it. For the nursing home, they only have 60 beds, and they take the first one that comes over from the ALF which is understandable. For that, my dad would have to go with Medicaid, and they only have a certain number of beds for Medicaid. It just wasn't able to work out. However, I would love to have gotten him in there. That was recommended to me from somebody whose mother was in there and had a wonderful experience. It looks like it was in talking to the director there. It just seem like they would really make it a nice experience. That's probably why it cost so much. I did go on a short tour, everything looked very clean, and everything is modern and updated. They had activities going on, and it just looked really nice.

January 13, 2015

By Joann14

Another facility that I visited is the Village on the Isle. This one is very expensive but very complete. It is a bigger facility with several buildings. It has everything that I like, but it is more expensive.

October 27, 2014

By George96357450

What was most impressive about Village on the Isle, it has been up very long, but they keep it up really well although you can tell a little age on it. The lady who accommodated us has been there for up to 10 or 15 years and she seems to just know everybody by their first name. She was really knowledgeable, and if you get in financial trouble they can help you through the VA or Medicaid.

August 29, 2014

Village On the Isle is a very lovely place. Their staff was excellent and the rooms are very nice.

August 05, 2014

My father is at Village on the Isle. He likes it. The room is good. It is not like an apartment -- it is just a room -- but I got him in an expanded one room and he likes it. He was used to a big apartment in the other facility so all the rooms were kind of small, but this one was expanded, so it was not bad. The nursing staff is very good.

July 20, 2014

We were at Village on the Isle. It's big; it has many buildings. Very nice facility. It has all the amenities that one would need. Memory care is in a special location, so there, you would have to move from apartment to apartment as your needs changed in addition to the fact that it's quite expensive. In that place, you also needed to dress for dinner, but my aunt is more casual. If you had the money and liked it, you'd love it there.

June 29, 2012

By BryanS019

My visit here was everything I thought it would be, that is, for a resident care facility. I enjoyed my stay and the staff were extremely helpful and courteous throughout my visit. I came to dinner with my family friend who is a resident at village, and has been for two years now. Before dinner I was taken on a tour of the building she lived in and she explained to me all the different activities they offer. The recreation room, the library, and the dens were more than what I would expect in such a place. It honestly felt and looked like a high class hotel with modern designed interiors. The grounds were well kept and the gardening efforts should be applauded---various trees and flowers, and many fountains dotted the landscape. However, it rained that morning and I remember noticing how flooded the parking lot was and the walkway to my friends building. The pool itself was big and the area even had attractive lounge chairs and tables to enjoy after a relaxing swim. The dining room was very nice and the food was actually pretty good! The wait staff were also very attentive and kind, especially for high school-age young adults. My friend told me most of them attended the local high school. Overall, village was in fact a very nice place to visit and I could tell my friend really enjoyed living here. Her resident-friends were also very kind and told lots of stories, which were actually pretty entertaining! Village on the Isle looks and feels like a great place to retire and the staff were more than accommodating. I was glad to see my friend at a facility that I knew, after my visit, was a place that was not only safe, but like one, giant geriatric family.

July 01, 2011

By SB57

Village On The Isle is absolutely wonderful! I have visited my grandparents at numerous retirement communities up North and NONE I mean NONE compare to Village On The Isle. The staff, the compassion they show to the residents. The facility is clean, beautiful and luxurious and affordable! Here's to VOTI - you are THE best!

Photos of Village on the Isle

Features of Village on the Isle

• Overall:

About Village on the Isle

Village On The Isle is a full service not-for-profit faith based retirement community located less than a half mile from the Gulf of Mexico. Serving the greater Venice area since 1982. Whether you are looking for independent living, assisted living, or a skilled nursing facility you will love the service, amenities and the care you receive from our long-term, dedicated staff here at Village On The Isle. Technology of the Future is already at Village On The Isle.

We provide free Wi-Fi for our residents & guests as well as mobile Skype videophones so our residents can video chat with their families and loved ones. Our elegant dining areas offer digital signage for easy representation of daily menus and our healthcare facilities employ Electronic Medication Observation Systems to reduce medication errors. At Village On The Isle, it's your retirement and your time is NOW!

Village on the Isle Housing Types Offered

Low Salt, Low Sugar, Low Far, Vegetarian

Village on the Isle Rooms

Wheel Chair Accessible, Full Kitchen

Village on the Isle Community Features

TV Room, Beauty Parlor, Laundry Facilities, Guest Rooms, Clubhous,e Housecleaning, Computer Room, Parking, Fitness Center, Swimming Pool, Billiards, Greenhouse/Garden, Travel, Hobby Area/Workshop, Volunteer Programs

Map of Village on the Isle