The Windsor of Venice

1600 Center Rd, Venice, FL, 34292

Reviews of The Windsor of Venice

Bill118777950 January 24, 2016

The Windsor was absolutely beautiful. The memory care unit was a small little apartment, but for the group activities they were doing a lot of singing together. There was a lot of group education. The staff was very accommodating. That would have been almost 3 times as much in cost.

Charles109971650 August 09, 2015

There were different sized rooms you can use, and they were very spacious, clean, and well-maintained. The staff seemed very friendly and attentive. There was a sing-along, there were people playing chess, and I was told that they had various trips into Venice for cultural events. I really liked the Windsor of Venice. We had lunch there, the food was very good, and it was a clean and spacious dining room.

Caring103098450 March 20, 2015

When I was looking for a place for my dad, I went to Windsor in Venice. It is really very nice, but it was way out of my price range. It looked like a hotel. That's how I knew since I walked in that I couldn't afford it because it is just really nice. They had activities going on when I was there. They have a whole big schedule that was coming up. Their main lobby reminded me of a hotel. It is just very pleasant looking. The apartments are very spacious. It looked like a suite in a hotel. They were very clean. They just opened not too long ago, so it is pretty new.

Caring63899950 January 29, 2015

My mom was at Windsor of Venice for three years. They have only been open for three years, so the first year was like any business; you are trying to find the right team of people to work with your patients, and it is hard in the healthcare system to find good help right away. They did have a year or so of that going on, which was OK with me. Of course it wasn't OK with my mother, but I understood it. I think they were wonderful, and I had my moments too, but they were caused by my mother. She had dementia and she was a person that was very hard to make happy. The place was beautiful, and there was not anything they didn't do there. They also did not have a swimming pool, and they did not really have an exercise room; they had one little pedal bicycle, and that was one thing they should have given more of. And one other thing, companionship should have been included in the rent. You had to pay extra for that, which I didn't think you have to. I liked that it was small compared to the others in the area.

Caring95796250 December 07, 2014

I chose Windsor of Venice for my parents because of their memory care program. We visited it a couple of times and were very impressed with the head of nursing on how she approached the care of the residents. Now that they have been there a few months, I am very happy with the care they are getting and how friendly the staff is. It is a beautiful facility, very clean and spacious.

Janice37 April 30, 2014

My husband has been in the Windsor since last May. He's been there a year. They're very, very good to him. He has everything there, his own room. Today, we're going out to lunch. They have music, arts, and crafts. They have people who come in and entertain, exercise, and all kinds of activities. They go on a bus ride every Friday, and we go to lunch every other week. We have a family potluck on the last Wednesday of the month for lunch. They're concerned for their patients. We're one big family. It's very clean. It's only four years old, it's very nice. We have a very good chef.

Caring73302150 October 30, 2013

The Windsor was pretty nice with nice accommodations. The rooms and the staff were all very nice. They have very friendly people. They seemed to have a lot of activities. It was very expensive for me though.

Caring0805213 August 15, 2013

They're very good and the place is beautiful, it's a new one. When I wanted to put my husband there, they were full unfortunately. At the reception, they took the time to show you around to explain everything. I made an appointment with them and kept it. I've been there twice and I was really impressed. It's like a hotel, it's beautiful. I wouldn't mind living there myself if I were old.

RAV November 20, 2012

The Windsor is a relatively new, privately owned facility that has assisited living as well as a "Memory Wing" for people with advaced demential. My father has been there since February. The staff is caring and kind, the food is good to great and he really enjoys the activities and social interaction. They recently had a wonderful selebration of Veteren's Day and recognized the 27 World War 1 Veterans who live there. I live seasonally close by, and often drop in unannounced. I usually have to go looking for my Dad as he participates in almost everything. He joined the signing group, even though to my knolwege, he never sang before! It is a great releif to me to know that he is happy and being well cared for in my absence.

From The Windsor of Venice

The Windsor is a licensed assisted living and memory care residence dedicated to providing quality services in a warm, comfortable environment. We offer professional, personalized services designed to enhance the quality of life for those we serve.

At The Windsor, we are dedicated to each Residents' independence, choices and dignity.

Visit us for a tour and you'll see how our combination of a warm residential setting along with the caring, helpful staff at The Windsor is just the right choice for your housing or service needs.

Philosophy of Service

The Windsor is dedicated to providing the highest standard in quality of service, environment, and care to residents and their families. The foundation of our approach to service is built upon fundamental concepts we believe are important to every resident.

The concepts are central in our approach to quality service and supportive residential environments:

• Promote the individuality of each resident
  • Offer each resident dignity and respect
  • Foster independence for each resident
  • Support each resident’s right to privacy
  • Support the needs of family and friends
  • Provide a supportive residential environment
  • Partner with residents and family in care decisions
  • Offer individual choices in care, services and lifestyle
Tailored Services

At The Windsor, we recognize that each person has individual needs and preferences. With this in mind, we offer each resident a flexible service combination we call Tailored Services. The combination of the Base Monthly Service and the Tailored Services you choose results in your monthly Tailored Pricing. This unique plan provides you with the most individual personal service in the most cost effective manner.

Base Monthly Service Includes:

• Spacious apartment
  • Utilities (except phone)
  • Routine maintenance
  • Weekly housekeeping & linen service
  • Health monitoring by full time professional staff
  • Life Enrichment activities
  • 24-hour access to staff
  • Licensed nurse on staff

Tailored Services may include: (but are not limited to)

• Medication Assistance
  • Specialized diets
  • Assistance with bathing, dressing, grooming, and other personal care
  • Assistance with ambulation
  • Personal Laundry

The Windsor Personal Assessment provides for cooperative planning between you and our staff. As your needs or wants change, your Tailored Services can change with you. At The Windsor, you pay only for the services you need or want.

Enriching Activities

Life enriching activities come alive at The Windsor. Residents participate in hobbies, cultural events, educational opportunities, religious activities, and interesting trips, along with the opportunity for new experiences. New friends are made and relationships strengthened by spending enjoyable time together. Special cultural and community events are a highlight on The Windsor Life Enrichment Calendar.

The Life Enrichment Coordinator and the nurse create The Windsor Wellness Program which may include fun exercises, activities, and health education. The Windsor Wellness Program is designed to enhance the overall health and well-being of the residents.

Companion Services

You may choose additional personalized support or services through our specialized program call Windsor Companions. Windsor Companions spend time one-on-one with the resident providing special attention or care such as reading, shopping, letter writing, supervision, and support.

Quality Design Features

Every design feature of The Windsor is based on our philosophy of service and our dedication to creating quality environments and service delivery systems for the residents we serve.

Exterior:

• Elegant home-style architecture
  • Porte Cochere providing weather-covered access to front entrance
Interior:
  • Personal Care Suite providing health and wellness evaluations and services
  • Therapeutic and relaxing whirlpool spa
  • Elegant Palma Sola dining room
  • Courtyard Café for casual dining and snacks
  • Enclosed courtyard / screened lanai
Apartments:
  • Seven distinctive apartment styles
  • Kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, sink, and cabinetry
  • Wall-to-wall carpeting, except bathrooms
  • Large bathroom with curbless shower
  • Emergency Call System with speaker response
  • Telephone and cable connections
  • Individually controlled heating and air conditioning
  • For your "Peace of Mind"
  • Electronically controlled entrances
  • Fire/smoke and sprinkler systems
  • Emergency generators for certain living areas

Winner of the Venice Gondolier 2012 & 2013 Best of the Best Awards for Assisted Living and for Memory Care. Resort Style of living.

Features of The Windsor of Venice

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym, Secure Building Sun Down to Sunrise -code entry, LNS Licensure to be able to age in place, Monthly outings to restaurants, theater, health care seminars and lectures offered each month, Alzheimers /Dementia Caregivers support group and Classes

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi
  • Activities extra: Dance Classes, Women of Windsor Club, Mens Club, Resident Council, Food Forum, Ambassador Club , Family and Friends Events and much more

• Private services

• Staff patient ratio: 10:1 ALF; 6:1 Memory Care
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: FL LNS Licensure

• Financial guidance extra: Assist Residents with Transition Programs, Work with Physicians to develop pre-care plans with PT/OT etc prior to move in
  • We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Windsor of Venice