Sunset Lake Village

1121 Jacaranda Blvd, Venice, FL, 34292

Reviews of Sunset Lake Village

Gerald15 April 13, 2016

I visited Sunset Lake Village. I probably would not select that one because I did not care much for the facility. The rooms were nice but I wasn't happy with the general layout in how the rooms were arranged.

Marbury February 29, 2016

Sunset Lake Village is very clean and nice. I’m just concerned that not everything is on one floor. They have a lot of activities at this facility like entertainment once a week. They have a small dining room and on each floor, there’s a couple of smaller dining rooms too if they are serving a smaller amount of people.

Howell February 22, 2016

My mother was already in Sunset Lake Village before, so it's familiar to her; she has dementia, so that's why we chose to check her back to that facility. They have a friendly staff. The apartments are very nice. I have eaten there, and their food is very nice. They have tons of activities on a complete calendar, with everything from live music to bingo to dances, to group exercise, to arts.

Victoria16 December 30, 2015

Sunset Lake Village was very nice. I’ve gone there several times to visit somebody. They did a very nice job. In an interview with me, I really like it, but I don’t like the way the rooms were set up there. I went to one of their birthday parties, and the staff was very nice to everybody.

Caring113134750 September 20, 2015

We moved mom at Sunset Lake Village. They have studio apartments that have little kitchen areas. It's a smaller community, and it fits her needs. They do have different activities for their residents. They have a car that takes them to doctor's appointments. They have a van that takes them on trips like shopping trips. The food seemed good, and the dining area is a smaller setting compared to others.

Albert11 July 29, 2015

It was pretty, but it was a little crowded in the neighborhood. There is a small group of men that club together, but what struck me was that the people there were rather older. I found the place a little old and a little disappointing. The curb view was a little crowded, the rooms were a little smaller, and the surrounding places to walk or ride a bicycle were not as impressive. I personally would not be especially happy living in something that looked like a very nice hotel. They're very pleasant to be in just for a night or three or half a week. Sunset Lake Village wasn't the best, but it was definitely good. It was very clean, very nice, and very presentable, but not quite as open and spacious as the other places I visited.

Gail37 July 29, 2015

My parents are living in Sunset Lake Village. We are quite happy with it. It is nice. They have great activities. The food is very good, and the caregivers are very nice.

Eleanor13 June 08, 2015

I am very well pleased with Sunset Lake Village. It is a very nice facility. It is clean, and the staff is very caring. My relative is very comfortable there. He seems to be satisfied. They have a lot of activities, and he participates in them. They also have entertainment. I have eaten there a couple of times, and the food is very good. The staff is very loving towards the residents. They treat them with respect and take care of them.

Cheryl100479750 January 17, 2015

Sunset Lake Village Venice had neighborhood communities that were a little bit smaller. It's right off I-75, and it would be a location that my father still would be able to drive to church. It's not in a real busy area, and I like that. There was a group of people doing some exercise, and it was pretty much all that we observed. We really liked the director a lot. She was very patient with us and provided us a lot of information. The environment was satisfactory, but what I didn't like was there was a smell there. The other thing I didn't care for was when we walked in the door, it was very hectic and busy, so that's why I want to go back there and see it again.

caringdec03201401 December 10, 2014

There were a couple of different sized rooms at Sunset Lake Village. All they have is queen size beds. I thought the place was nice and clean. It looked decent. I asked if they had an exercise room, and I don’t believe they do other than having groups of people at times do some group exercise. But I'm talking about treadmills. I find that if I don't walk, it messes me up.

Michael96189250 October 30, 2014

We went to Sunset Lake Village because my grandmother wanted a ground floor room, and they had one available. She’s in a smaller room, but I think that’s OK. It has a little bit of a kitchenette which she likes. She really liked the fact that this facility has small sub dining rooms, not one large dining room so there’s less noise and with her hearing, that helps her. They seem to have something everyday but my grandmother is not very interested in most of them.

We went there because she’s a celiac so she needs to have a gluten-free diet, and they said they could handle it there. My grandmother is still fighting with them a little bit because even though the manager and the chef seem to understand it, there are several people between the chef and my grandmother that don’t necessarily seem to understand it so that has been a little bit trying. The last time I talked with grandmother, she said she thought it was a little better, but we’re working on that. We’ve had some minor issues with the staff, but I think we’re basically doing OK.

Caring3296 August 06, 2014

Sunset Lake Village was very nice but I didn't like that they sectioned off different rooms into communities with like separate dining rooms. I felt if my father didn't like who was in his community, it wouldn't be good. The staff was very good. They were excellent. The rooms were small. The dining rooms were small. There were a lot of different dining rooms.

Caring 8707 May 25, 2013

My mom was on rehabilitation at Sunset Lake Village because she fell and broke her hip. The rehabilitation center was separate from the assisted living facility. The place was clean and nice. They took very good care of her. The staff were nice and I always had a good experience with them.

Lancelot1 March 15, 2013

I visited Sunset Lakes once. It was very impressive. It was very clean and well-run facility. But it was expensive. The rooms were nice, but the one I wanted for my father was not available.

From Sunset Lake Village

Situated on Florida's southwestern coast, Venice has been aptly referred to as "Paradise on the Gulf." This vibrant city boasts a number of popular attractions including a quaint downtown with dining and shopping, a 700-foot-long fishing pier, and an award-winning, newly restored beach. Found among these attractions is the Sunset Lake Village community which offers seniors assisted living, memory care, and respite care services. With several floor plans available, each resident suite comes complete with a kitchenette, a private bath, and individual climate control. The suites are uniquely designed around community living rooms, dining rooms, and country kitchens. Residents can also shoot the breeze with friendly neighbors on the screened front porch or quietly relax in the enclosed courtyard. Welcome to Sunset Lake Village.

*Rates listed are based on single occupancy.

Features of Sunset Lake Village