Highgate at Vancouver

Top Nearby Assisted Living Facilities

Reviews of Highgate at Vancouver

January 01, 2016

By Oldnavy

My brother suffers from early on set Alzheimer's. We cared for him in our home until he became a danger to himself and us. He was not violent but he would wander about the house at night turning on the stove , lights and performing other acts that could have disastrous results. Committing him to a home was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make so we researched several facilities before we settled on Highgate. Some of the homes were like heaven's waiting room as my wife put it. Patients were left to their own devices sitting around watching TV, no planned activities that sort of thing. Highgate on the other hand provided organized activities, a wonderful caring staff, van rides and just an enjoyable caring environment. My brother is cared for by the best. All of the staff treat him as they would their own family member and he truly enjoys himself there. It is not an easy decision as I said, but you need to consider that due to the stress of caring for a loved one and the demands placed upon you and your family that unless there is some relief the caregiver predeceases the loved one in 50% of the cases. This leaves your loved one to care for themselves with no one else to represent them or their well being. In a facility there is 24 hour care and at Highgate, the care is amazing. The caregivers almost become an extended family

December 15, 2015

By MaMaceleste

I moved my mother here to be closer to my sisters and I. The staff at Highgate have all been helpful, caring and very understanding. I definitely recommend Highgate.

July 31, 2014

Mom is in the assisted living part of Highgate. We choose it because of the number of residents, its location and the overall feel and look of the facility. It's more homey and not such an institutional looking situation. The people who run it are very caring and there is a lot of young energy there. The staff makes it more personal by introducing me to a couple of residents and let them talk about their experience there, where they come from and they are very open about it. It isn't as though as a program presentation. I feel very comfortable visiting my mother. One thing that is important to me is that they are taking charge of her meds because sometimes her memory is not good enough that she's messing up on that. If someone needs extra care like my mother as there is a concern that she may fall and no one would really know it, she has a call button on her chain around her neck at all times and any time that she needs assistance or help, she pushes the button and they respond right away. That is big comfort to an elder person because they are worried that people aren't going to hear them when they need help and that is a relief. They are all very concerned and they always know where she is and what she's doing. It is an open door policy. You can come and go any time you want and the residents who are able to go around on their own, they come and go as they want. They have both independent living and assisted living. They have little apartments on the exterior part of the main building for independent living, they have assisted living that's more of apartments and then they have memory care. My mother is 93 years old and not too interested with activities, but there were a lot of success stories with people that have come in in wheelchairs and walker and because of being involved and actively exercising regularly and just getting out and about, they are no longer using those devices. They are much healthier. They have a nutritionist who works with them and the food is very nutritious. She hold open session and invites all the residents and families or whoever are interested to come in and talk about the menu. It is very informative and it is also a venue for the residents to speak up if they have something they don't really like in the food or the menu. The meals are balanced and they customize the meal to the needs of the person individually. They just seem to be overall happy there. You don't hear a lot of complaining.

July 31, 2014

Highgate Senior Living has independent, assisted, and mental care. They're very caring people. They know everybody and anybody that comes to their front door by name. I can't believe how they remember names. Very efficient and very prompt on calls that are made to them. Nursing staff is very, very good. Food is very good. Old building. Everyday, there's something different, and they have happy hours. They have entertainment that comes in once a week and they take their people to different places. Many varied activities.

July 30, 2014

Highgate is awesome. Everybody there is really good. They are good with my mother-in-law. She just loves it there. She has been there for three months now. She really likes her room. The facility is very clean. The staff all seems like they really care a lot. Because my mother-in-law has memory problem, she has to be taken a little more care of and the staff is great there. I would really recommend that place. Also my brother's wife had her father there and she really recommended Highgate to us.

July 10, 2013

By Jan16

We're very happy with Highgate. The staff was very accommodating. We're very pleased with them. They residents play cards, they go for bus tours and they have entertainment come in. The food is wonderful.

About Highgate at Vancouver

Highgate at Vancouver is an assisted living facility in Vancouver, WA that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Highgate at Vancouver for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Highgate at Vancouver