Glenwood Place Senior Living

5500 NE 82nd Avenue, Vancouver, WA, 98662

Reviews of Glenwood Place Senior Living

tlm1125 October 24, 2015

We had to put my Father in Glenwood Place Senior Living memory care. For the first almost year we were constantly at battle with them to keep him clean and his bed was wet many many times when visiting him. We finally got that taken care of, but there was constantly problems. They didn't see the need to wash his face, comb his hair, put his glass's on, brush his teeth or put his suspenders on him so his pants wouldn't fall down. He was often not even shaved. We got through this by trying to work with them, but it never failed, he was never really ready for his doctor visits or outings like we had requested...and this place charged him over $7,000 a month, you would think they could at least comb his hair for him. The final straw came when he passed away and they sent his grieving wife a bill for over $500 bucks because she took two days to remove his personal items from the home. We were grieving and it was also a holiday weekend. This place will suck you dry, then sue you for what they couldn't get when your loved one was alive. Stay away from here...at all cost, your loved one will thank you for it.

Caring104538950 October 16, 2015

I'm going to Glenwood Place. I liked everything there -- the people and the facility. The rooms were spacious and absolutely very clean. The staff was very accommodating.

Caring103346250 March 20, 2015

I really liked Glenwood a lot probably because it was local, had been open for many years, and the people are originally started are now dead, but they lived there -- at least the lady did after her husband died. Their son still manages it. The thing that I really like about that was it had a fire place and a swimming pool. The rooms have heaters, and I liked them. They have exercise, game rooms, and party rooms.

Kim88319150 August 31, 2014

I have already moved my grandparents into Glenwood Place Retirement Community. The people are super friendly, and it is a very clean facility. The staff is excellent. I feel that they are very caring. They have a two-bedroom apartment and it is quite large. We have been down to the café and the dining hall and they have very good food. There are too many things for one person to do. There are magicians that come in, they have social hours three times a week, and they do outings. There are two or three outings in a week. My grandparents have been there for about six months now.

Mickie1 June 26, 2013

My son visited Glenwood Place for me because I was in a situation where I was not able to go around and look for places. I was in the hospital because I had a fall and I lost my husband two months before that. I am very satisfied and happy in here. They have separate apartments. They have different kinds of buildings for different kind of needs. I live in the independent building. The only reason why I am here is that my husband passed away very suddenly. The staff is very good and very nice. They do a marvelous job. There does not seem to be any discord here.

Linda21 October 30, 2012

Glenwood Place have an enhanced assisted living. The assisted living room is right near the nurse's station so that they can check on dad a lot because he's recovering from a stroke. So a regular assisted living wasn't going to be enough checking for him. And he recovered a little bit more. It was a very nice place, the food is good, and right now they're adding on to the place. I would recommend this facility.

pannwright July 24, 2012

The staff varied on their quality. There were obvious favorites of the residents who would chat with each resident, know all of their names and details about their lives. The waitstaff is primarily young people and on several occasions I could hear them making jokes about the residents from the server's area. I don't know if any of the residents noticed. They were always polite to the resident's faces, including Harriet, the woman I worked with, but I found the way they spoke with each other -- well within my earshot -- bothersome. They would curse and make profane jokes with each other. It seemed very unprofessional and I only hope that the residents weren't paying attention. Some of the waitstaff had the tendency to treat the residents as children, but that was usually rare.The receptionists were always very polite. They knew my resident very well as she was very anxious and would call down there several times a day to say she thought I wasn't coming. They were always kind and patient with her.I only encountered the medical staff once, when Harriet fell down. At that time they came across as very unprofessional, which was upsetting to me. They treated Harriet as if she was a toddler that they had chosen to ignore. She had fallen down and instead of attempting to comfort her, they quickly tended to her to make sure she was physically ok, without speaking to her at all, and even dropping stuff on her without apology. This was very upsetting to me.Overall, Harriet had a lot of problems. She was very anxious and needed constant attention. I believe that people like her often annoyed the staff and they would grow lax on her needs rather than take her complaints seriously. She was a very unhappy woman, and though they had many programs to try and get seniors to engage in physical and social activities, I don't believe anyone was taking her specific needs into mind. I believe they were running on a philosophy of seniors in general, and Harriet was getting left behind because her needs were different, and more specific. I felt badly for her living there, but much of that wasn't the facilities fault -- it's just because of the situation she was in.Overall, it wasn't a terrible place, there were just a few fixable faults and perhaps a few that aren't even able to be fixed.

From Glenwood Place Senior Living

I encourage you to come and visit so that our beautiful senior living community in Vancouver, Washington can speak for itself. After your tour, enjoy a complimentary lunch. You’ll see why people say, “Experience the Glenwood Difference!” Whether you choose an Independent Lifestyle, an Assisted Living apartment home or a Memory Care residence, our primary focus is helping you or your family member get the most out of life while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Location of Glenwood Place Senior Living