Cascade Inn

11613 SE 7th Street, Vancouver, WA, 98683

Reviews of Cascade Inn

Larry111608350 November 11, 2015

We visited Cascade Inn. The people there were really helpful during our discussion. The residents that I saw walking around looked good and healthy.

Caring110089050 July 28, 2015

My experience with Cascade Inn in the beginning was very good. As of right now, we do have some issues, but they're working them out. The rooms and apartments are nice. They're open, spacious, and very clean. We like the rooms very much. The food is really good too. They're very professional, very good, and very intuitive. They have group activities, they get to go on field trips, they go to the doctor, and they have group gatherings in all other places like piano forums and things like that. What they could improve on though is communication with the family members. Nevertheless, what impressed me most is how speedy and well they got us into the facility. They helped my parents got in.

Troy4 May 29, 2015

Cascade Inn was well run, and the people were so friendly. We saw three different rooms with different sizes -- two studios and a one-bedroom. They were all very well equipped, and they showed what the possibilities were for furniture. They were really nice and clean. One set had a large bathroom where wheelchairs could go in to the shower. They had tons of choices for any kind of meal plan plus specials for the day, and they had diabetic menus. They had a movie theater inside which was well equipped. They had games, and there was bean bag baseball going on when we were there.

Caring103346250 March 20, 2015

Cascade Inn is well, the prices were reasonable, and they had a lot of activities, so the people seemed to be happy there. They were pleasant, and I really didn’t have any negative things to say about them. They had rides to doctors and all that kind of stuff. I like it particularly because of where it was located, it was a walking distance to shopping areas, and they also had an extra large studio. They were the only ones that had an extra large studio apartment. They have exercise, game rooms, and party rooms. I would recommend the place.

Connie38 October 17, 2014

I was very impressed with Cascade, even now they send us activity charts for the month and have invited us to come to play bingo or particular activity or taking a trip with their bus anytime and go with them. The director who was giving us the tour was very nice and friendly. I would recommend this community.

Caring94932650 October 03, 2014

We found a place for a good friend. It is called Cascade Inn. It is a very nice place. She lived there once before with her husband, and she liked it, but he wanted to go home, so they moved out. She moved back in there because she liked it before. They take good care of her. They are very attentive to her. They have nurses there 24/7. It is a nice place. It has activities. They serve three meals a day. I recommend this place to anybody.

Caring80999450 September 01, 2014

We chose Cascade Inn because they take Medicaid. Also, the residents don't have to move when they graduate them from independent living to assisted living. They do have activities and I have seen the monthly calendars. She has gone to a couple of things. However, I have several issues with the staff. It's their training and their procedure. Regarding cleanliness, it is very good. However, I think their rooms are not made for those with mobility issues, i.e., getting walkers through doorways and the width of the hall in the room is too small. Apparently, her aluminum walker was also unable to get through the doorway, so it puts her at risk for a fall. I have been there for meals as well. They have a four-week rotation menu. Unfortunately, they use a lot of pre-processed frozen items, so they have a lot of salt and sodium issues. They did make a change after she moved in, to include "items" that the residents can always order if they don't want what the main offering is. However, they're not very good at estimating how many of the residents are going to want "X" and how many are going to want "Y," or how many are going to come to the meals because they frequently run out of something. The Cascade Inn is more interested in looking at their process and procedures than the needs the residents they have. The quantities of food for example, have been drastically reduced. They have had no special training in dementia, which impacts a lot of residents.

Thank you for your recent review of Cascade Inn. Our resident and family input is highly regarded and very important to all of us at Koelsch Senior Living communities. We are delighted to hear that your relative at Cascade Inn is enjoying the lifestyle and activities in our community. The safety of our residents is of the utmost concern at Cascade Inn and although our doorways and community entry points are well within safety and industry standards, we are considering future renovations to facilitate ease of mobility for residents who are using mobility devices. Because memory care is such an important aspect of Cascade Inn and Koelsch Senior Communities, all of our caregivers are qualified in specialty Dementia training within 90 days of employment and are required to have 12 hours of continuing education every year.

We understand that mealtime is an important part of the day for all of our residents at Cascade Inn. That is why we offer a full menu at each meal with eight delicious entrées to choose from. With all the selections we offer, we are improving daily on quantities available as we learn the specific food preferences of our resident ‘family members’. Just like ‘home’, the majority of our meals are made from ‘scratch’ while others are healthy selections from selective outside sources. We always welcome healthy suggestions and opportunities to make mealtime an enjoyable experience for everyone. Cascade Inn is passionate about serving our residents and family members with excellence in services and care and are honored with the opportunity to serve them.

From Cascade Inn

Cascade Inn is nestled in a quiet neighborhood of Vancouver, Washington, and offers a special rustic charm unique to the region. We offer residents convenience, social opportunities, pleasant climate, as well as extensive recreational and cultural options, all for a surprisingly modest monthly fee.

Cascade Inn offers an abundance of amenities and services designed to keep our seniors healthy and happy in a beautifully appointed environment.

24-hour on-site licensed nurses, Medication distributed by nurses, Diabetic Management Program, Some apartments have full kitchens and fireplaces, Washer and dryer units available in some apartments, Emergency pull cords in every room, Walk in showers ava

Features of Cascade Inn