Brookdale Vancouver Orchards

10011 NE 118th Avenue, Vancouver, WA, 98682

Reviews of Brookdale Vancouver Orchards

Caring103346250 March 20, 2015

When I got to Brookdale, it was happy hour on Christmas, and they were having a good time. It looked like a really fun place. My daughter was with me, and she liked that one the best. Everybody is having such a good time, they have entertainment going on. That was what I like the best about that particular place. They had an extra storage closet, which I thought was good. I liked their studio apartments; it seemed to be fairly good at 410sq. feet. It had this extra walk-in storage closet in addition to the clothes closet, which was nice. It had a little kitchenette. They have exercise, game rooms, and party rooms.

Calvin4 December 29, 2014

I was very impressed with Brookdale facilities and the personnel. The person who showed us around was extremely helpful and very insightful. I was very impressed with the rooms, the dining is like a restaurant, and their grounds were very clean and well-kept. They have bingo.

Connie38 October 16, 2014

Orchard Village was wonderful, bright, and clean. People seemed to be very friendly and engaging; I was very impressed. The dining room was wonderful, open from 7 in the morning until 7 at night and you could go anytime between. They had two trays that you could choose from during the meal time and they also had a salad bar that you could help yourself from. They have waiters and waitresses take your order. They invited us for lunch, and the food was good.

Kim47 March 01, 2014

I like Emeritus at Orchards Village a lot. The layout was good. It kind of bordered a little bit on the big side and it also was very cozy. It looked like a lodge in the woods. The ambience of it wasn't like a medical facility or anything. This facility was able to accommodate a two-person assist that we like for my mother. They actually did a trial with my mom to see if she was a one-person assist or a two-person assist. They also had a memory care case my mother deteriorates even more. I was trying to find a place where I wouldn't need to move her again, so that was the next place that I was thinking that was going to do that. I checked their rooms and I like their sizes. They were very nice. They had washer/dryer in the room, which I thought it was very nice. The food was wonderful when we ate there. We did talk about activities. They did have bingo every night and other activities as well. The staff that I met was very nice. I really did like the facility a lot and it was going to be the place she would move into and may still be someday. They don't have many openings but they have always kept that door for us. They kept in contact with us to make sure she's still okay. I like that that they are giving us that personal attention.

Liz Valentine February 27, 2014

I visited Merrill Gardens and it was a cheery place. People working there were very friendly and the residents seemed happy. I thought they had typical activities like they played games and they took them out once a week to the grocery store. I was not sure about the doctor visits, if they transport them. Over all I had a good impression of it.

Marsha10 December 18, 2013

Mom is now at Merrill Gardens (Orchards Village) and the facility is extremely lovely. I couldn’t say anything negative about it. The staff that I've met have been extremely helpful. I don’t really know much of the activities, but I know they have church, they have games, and they have arts and crafts. It’s been only a month and she has some problems adjusting but it's mainly because she has a mild dementia which was untreated, but I think she gets a little more involved each day. I haven’t eaten there, but the food looks very pleasant. My sister thinks it's wonderful, but my mother doesn’t think the food is very good.

From Brookdale Vancouver Orchards

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Vancouver Orchards

• Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft