Bonaventure of Salmon Creek

13700 NE Salmon Creek Ave., Vancouver, WA, 98686

Reviews of Bonaventure of Salmon Creek

Jeb361 November 22, 2015

A very nice facility with a great staff. The problem is that they over-charge for be so understaffed. There are not enough care givers to go around. With the amount of money one pays, they should have a lot more care givers on hand. The few staff I have spoke to agree, they don't have enough help. They really are doing Saints work as their pay is ridiculously low for the work they do.

Bonaventure, people make more money working at McDonalds. Think about it!

Caring104495450 August 05, 2015

Bonaventure had good food, nice staff, and nice residents. I talked to one of the residents and highly recommended this place. The rooms were more spacious than others, but the price was still out of sight. The dining room was modern with tables made up of stone. They had an exercise room and a theatre. They had washers and dryers, TVs, a billiard room, and several other areas where you can sit down and relax. They have an independent, assisted living, and Alzheimer’s.

Caring110057150 July 04, 2015

We looked at Bonaventure of Salmon Creek. It is a new facility. It is retirement on one side and assisted living on the other side. It was a very nice facility, and it was brand new, but the biggest problem for us was that it was quite expensive. The rooms were nice.

They actually gave me a tour, and I just dropped in without an appointment. I only saw two or three staff, but obviously they were very helpful. I saw the dining room; it was very nice. The facility was brand new, and it was very bright. I did see a couple of the residents, and they were very friendly with the gentleman who was giving me the tour. They did have a lot of activities. They have bingo. They have a Wii bowling room and a little area where they would bring people in and do concert. Also, they have activities like shopping trips.

Caring105285050 April 20, 2015

From what I saw, there was something lacking in Bonaventure of Salmon Creek. It was staged very nicely, but I didn't know if what was staged would be workable with dementia people. What really drew my attention to it was that it was brand new so everything was clean and nice. The price is down right now, so that would make it extremely appealing too. They didn't really have any patients in there yet, and they did invite me back to come see it with people actually using the facility. I would really like to see people in there because they really had everybody isolated, and it sounded like the doors would be closed in the evening to each person's unit. I just didn't know how somebody like mom would operate in that type of environment because she really needs to have things open and not enclosed all the time. They set up the rooms so people could sit in their rooms and enjoy looking outside, so it was kind of like they were going to be encouraging people to stay more in their rooms, but they are welcome to go to the sitting area and stuff. It was kind of like they didn't really know what they were doing yet. I think once they get opened and operating and all of their personnel are in place and such, I would like to go see it again. If I were to rate if for mom, at this point, I wouldn't go more for a three, and this is mainly for the care -- not necessarily the facility itself -- but the level of care that I saw that would be given. Everybody was really energetic and everything because it was so new. I just felt like they needed more security cameras and stuff within the facility, at least, if the nurses were going to be in their office so that they have some surveillance of what is going on within the main unit. They don't have anything in place to let them know if somebody has gotten out of bed and stuff like that. For us, this is very important because she does fall occasionally because she doesn't remember to use her walker. I need that for her care, and they didn't have anything like that in place.

John103770150 March 25, 2015

Bonaventure is a brand new facility with nice rooms and a nice dining room. The only thing that was difficult was it took them a couple of months longer to get their certification than I was told initially. It was supposed to be done in January, but they only got certification a week ago. That’s the only downside, but that’s not really their problem; it’s more of the State District.

My parents have only been there for a few days, but they seemed to be settling OK. The staff seems friendly and knowledgeable. It's a lot better than the last place my folks were in. I’m very happy that they manage to do things that I wanted. I only had to mention something once, and it was done. They’re attentive and professional. The place is secure. They have trips outside, a media room, and a coffee bar. Half the building is retired, and the other half is assisted living. They still need more staff because they’re still so new, but the staff is very accommodating and nice. The surroundings are nice too.

Caring103346250 March 20, 2015

Bonaventure is a brand new facility, and I met their chef. They have their exercise classes and gardening. They do pottery, financial seminars, and book clubs. They also have a fireplace; it was nice and quieter. The people I saw were friendly. I would recommend this place.

Their independent living is a little different than the others because you could get one meal a day, and I think with the others, you didn’t pay for meals.

Caring102934450 March 12, 2015

I went to Bonaventure, which was the newest and had the best location for us. It was for my mother. However, the one thing that we didn't like about it was for the memory unit; it was locked. There were different stages, of course, as you know and reasons why there were memory problems. Her memory problem stemmed from a stroke. She didn't have Alzheimer's, and her memory sometimes was excellent. However, I decided it wasn't for my mother. It might be for me in a few years. However, it was worth going. The food was good, and it was a nice facility.

From what I saw, it wasn't as nice as some of them had. I knew they were building a unit next to that, so it was a mess. I didn't see any really good outdoor space for the people. The street in front of the building was very busy, and they had no fence up or anything. For a normal elderly like me, it would be fine, but not with people with memory problems. However, the rooms were very nice. One apartment had a living room, a bare kitchen, and huge closets. The one had almost a triple closet as you came in, and they had another closet -- which was a big double closet -- in the bathroom. I didn't have too much mingling with the actual staff per se basically, but I met a couple of the residents. They sat and had lunch with us. I was basically with the sales person, and she was very nice and good at her job. She is definitely not pushy; she just basically showed me what they had. They even had a two bench where the men or women could go and woodwork or fix something that needed to be fixed. The tools were up on a pegboard. They also had the garden section where they had places where you could plant things. They had some very nice features like a nice library. They had snacks available at any time. They also have an espresso machine, which was one of my favorites. That was for family, friends, and residents, which were very different.

From Bonaventure of Salmon Creek

Life on your terms

Bonaventure is all about one thing: life on your terms. That's why so many people choose a Bonaventure community after they've looked at the other options. It's also why so many doctors, referral agencies, churches and others, not to mention 96% of our residents, enthusiastically recommend us to their friends and families.

We care about what home means to you. We're dedicated to giving you a caring, lively, comfortable, affordable place to make your home. We want it to be filled with family, fun, new experiences and exactly the amount of expert help and care you desire, from a little to a lot.

Home Cooking

Enough with the philosophy, let's talk food! Our in-house chef makes your meals from scratch every day, they don't come from a can. Our healthy and delicious food is often listed as a reason people make their homes here. It is so tasty, you'll be happy we have physical activities and easy fitness programs to keep you from putting on a few pounds! Don't just take our word for it; make us put our money where your mouth is. We invite you to come by for lunch or dinner. It's on us. You can meet new friends and get their opinion on our quality and service.

Transportation

Whether you're going to the symphony or the supermarket, we're here for you. Compare our transportation options to the others and you'll see how easy we make it to stay on the go.

Freedom & Choice

Your home at Bonaventure offers you the choices you need to maintain your freedom, so you can enjoy life on your terms. Spend your days enjoying our sunny walking paths, well-stocked libraries and places to garden while relying on us for vital services like top-notch building security and advanced emergency call systems.

Begin the Adventure

Start something new and exciting in your life. There's no place like home, especially when it's your home at a Bonaventure Senior Living community. If we're right for you, you'll know it 10 minutes after you walk in the door. Come explore your next chapter

Bonaventure of Salmon Creek is conveniently located within a few blocks of Legacy Hospital, Vancouver Clinic, ManorCare Health and Rehab, and Kaiser and is only minutes away from numerous grocery stores, restaurants and boutiques for all your retail shopping needs. It is easily accessible from I-205, I-5, and the Highway 99 interchange. Surrounded by wooded areas and bordering a wetland with plenty of trails to walk, the community is quintessentially what the Evergreen State is all about.

Features of Bonaventure of Salmon Creek

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, Washer/dryer in apt

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Arts, woodworking, craft

• Private services

• Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,218/month

• Minimum age: 55

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Bonaventure of Salmon Creek