Brookdale Valparaiso

2601 Valparaiso Street, Valparaiso, IN, 46383

Reviews of Brookdale Valparaiso

Caring106483050 May 18, 2015

I went out and checked Brookdale Valparaiso. It was very nice. It was just out of my mom's price range. I was impressed with just about everything that I saw. The rooms were very nice. The dining area was nice. Their activities -- they had everything posted, plus they had it in each resident's room so they would know what activities were going on. The staff was very nice and helpful. They had breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I was told they could have snacks if they wanted them, or they could have some in their rooms if they wanted that.

It was very clean. I thought everyone that I talked to that was in charge and the other staff were very knowledgeable and very caring about their job and the residents there.

Caring102007650 February 13, 2015

I visited Brookdale. The staff was helpful. The rooms were small. It was hard to have a wheelchair around, but they were nice. Their dining room was beautiful. I liked how the staff cared. They were very attentive.

Caring99193250 December 30, 2014

Brookdale was good and accommodating. The rooms were clean. The residents look content and happy.

Caring79613550 March 13, 2014

We really like this Sterling House the best. It was well-maintained and very clean. We were first met by a sales director, and she was very nice, very knowledgeable and very caring. The facility was newer and the residents there were more of the age of my mother-in-law. I think she would have fit in just fine there. The room was clean and everything was very accessible.

urga09 May 19, 2011

Sterling House in Valparaiso, Indiana, is a wonderful place. I volunteered there for for about 6 months. The facility itself is very clean, and doesn't have that musty smell like most assisted living homes. I also noticed that the staff was extremely friendly and treated the residents with respect and kindness. They have a variety of programs and activities for the residents to participate in, from bingo night, to outings on the town. The rooms are very nice and the food was pretty good. Most of the residents I talked to seemed happy with their treatment at the facility. Overall I would give Sterling House a 4 out of 5 stars.

From Brookdale Valparaiso

Brookdale Valparaiso provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Valparaiso

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Yes

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Secured environment

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 65 (but exceptions can be made)

• Licenses: License for Assisted Living

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Valparaiso