Sunrise at Sterling Canyon

25815 McBean Parkway, Valencia, CA, 91355

Reviews of Sunrise at Sterling Canyon

Happy visitorBYHZH May 11, 2016

Sunrise was very good. The staff was very kind and gave me all the information I needed. The room was nice, clean, accessible, and included a bathroom.

Anonymous108756350 July 31, 2015

Sunrise at Sterling Canyon was wonderful. The staff was very friendly, and it was very clean. The residents were very nice. The chef also came out and greeted us. It was a nice place.

cplush May 22, 2015

MUST READ!!!!! This is by far the worst senior care living facility I have ever experienced in my life, so bad I must say that we are currently talking with a lawyer and may take these issues I will list to court. My wife and I had moved my dad into the Sunrise at sterling canyon, Valencia only to remove him a few months later. We had discovered that he was not getting adequate care so much so to the point that he had not showered for days on end and he had developed sores and a bad rash. I have talked to other family members of residents in this facility that have had similar experiences and they have even said that their parents had laid in their own urine and feces for hours before someone had eventually had time to change them and get them clean. I have talked to some of the sunrise care workers there to find out why my dad and several others had been treated so poorly and the most common response is that they are incredibly short staffed most nights and do not have time to visit all the residents even when they do page for help. Oh and when my wife and I brought up the issue to the executive director who's name is Igor he was completely rude and denied all of what I had just mentioned above and pretty much tried to silence us. SO IF YOU HAVE ANY HEART AND LOVE FOR YOUR PARENTS DO NOT MOVE THEM INTO THIS PLACE IT IS HORRENDOUS!!!!!!!

Thank you for your message. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information@SunriseSeniorLiving.com . Thank you, Sunrise Team

Ben9 December 30, 2014

We were able to look at Sunrise at Sterling Canyon, and my wife seemed to like the outdoor area. They were larger. The staff was knowledgeable, and the room was slightly larger. They have different activities like piano recital, movies a couple of times a week, they have a guy that comes in and does model building, and they also have a fairly decent exercise room.

Diane97510450 December 09, 2014

Sunrise is located near my residence. They are taking good care of my aunt. She is doing well, and it is good. They have different options available, but she chose the smallest one, and she's happy.

The reason why my aunt chose Sunrise at Sterling Canon is because it isn't he most modern and beautiful inside, but it comes down to the money. It is a thousand dollars a month cheaper than the other facility. It is affordable.

Caring93979550 October 19, 2014

I was able to visit Sunrise at Sterling Canyon, and I was treated very well by their staff. He was a very nice man, and he answered all my questions and took me on a tour. If I went there, I know I would be pleased, but I know my husband would not be. They did have transportation and showed that they went to places.

Judy89072350 August 30, 2014

Sunrise at Sterling Canyon is right across the street from a grocery store, CVS, restaurants and banking, but the street is a very busy street. Outside around it is more residential versus the other two facilities. The facility was a little bit larger and the rooms were a little bit larger. Practically all the rooms have a sliding door along with their front door where they could be outside. So that was kind of something a little different to have the two doors like that, and have that little bit more open space.

Caring85798450 May 30, 2014

We visited Sunrise. Their rooms are really nice. They were playing games when I was there. In the memory care unit had a good feel to it, and they had some music. They had some quiet area with some nice music playing, and it just seemed like a little area available for people who didn't want to participate in big groups. There were some well-decorated private areas for people who wanted to hang out there.

wrnout April 21, 2014

My mother is now at Sunrise at Sterling Canyon. I love this place. For one thing, it is off the road a little bit, and it is close to me; that's why we chose this for her. Also, it is not close to a busy street or too close to the road. It is a very big community. The staff is wonderful. They're so good to my mother. She has plenty of room in her room. I eat there, and the food is good. The dining room has plenty of room for the residents. They have a lot of activities for the residents. They are going to a bear show this week. They would take them to Granary Square, which is right across the street. They would also take them to Walmart. They would also go to a movie or something for an activity. They play bingo and blackjack. They have pianists come in, and they have sing-alongs. They do all kinds of things with the residents. They always have something going on; they never get bored. They're really good for an ALF. The only thing is maybe they could be a little quicker with their response to the residents when the residents call for help.

zakp November 23, 2012

I was very impressed with the staff and accommodations at Sunrise assisted living. From the first week I started volunteering there, I could tell that the staff were well trained and genuinely interested in the well being of the residents. All of the residents I came in contact with were happy and well taken care of. There were constantly activities being put on for their entertainment, and there never seemed to be a dull moment at Sunrise. I myself set up for card games and bingo a number of times, and the staff were always extremely helpful in aiding my volunteering efforts. The rooms and accommodations seemed spacious and nice, and all of the residents definitely felt at home at Sunrise. The food was also far better than what I had experienced at other assisted living facilities I had visited in the past. Overall, I would give Sunrise top marks.

NicQH March 16, 2012

I was very happy with the care my grandfather received at Sunrise. The caretakers genuinely seem to care about the residents and make strong efforts to comfort them and help them feel at home. Other nursing homes we had visited didn't seem to mind if their residents stayed isolated in their rooms all day, but not Sunrise. When my grandfather was a resident they encouraged him to play his guitar, attend field trips, and dine with other residents and be active and vibrant. His caretakers always expressed how much they enjoyed listening to my grandfather's stories, and it made me happy to know that they really were taking time to get to know my grandfather. The staff always knew his whereabouts whenever I stopped by to visit and they voluntarily updated me with any news regarding is well-being, especially when his dementia became worse. He lived his final days at Sunrise and it was a comfort to know that he was cared for by compassionate people.

From Sunrise at Sterling Canyon

Located in the heart of Valencia, California, Sunrise at Sterling Canyon is situated next door to Henry Mayo Newhall Memorial Hospital, across the street from Granary Square and just blocks away from Valencia Town Center Mall. Sunrise at Sterling Canyon sits just around the corner from the beautiful Vista Valencia Golf Course and within minutes of the Valencia Paseo walkways with access to any of the five parks in the Valencia park system and to local shopping centers. We pride ourselves as Santa Clarita's finest senior living community, featuring both independent and assisted living.

Our innovative programs provide each resident with the opportunity to enjoy a home-like environment while having access to 24-hour professional staff. For those who need assistance with daily living tasks such as bathing, dressing and grooming, administering medication, incontinence care and/or ambulant care, we offer an assisted living program which is personalized to meet the need of each resident.

Features of Sunrise at Sterling Canyon

• 24-hour security gate

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• 24 hour nurses: Available during business hours