Brookdale Vacaville

1111 Ulatis Dr., Vacaville, CA, 95687

Reviews of Brookdale Vacaville

Sharon115451450 October 29, 2015

Brookdale is nice overall. They have nice rooms. The people seemed friendly. We didn’t choose Brookdale because we didn’t want to deal with elevators or stairs.

Kelly30 October 29, 2015

The rooms were small, and there were some shared rooms, but we thought it was intimate. It was a smaller facility, and my sisters, my mom, and I liked this one better than other place we visited. It didn’t have as many patrons or room guests. We spent some time and had lunch, but it was weird because you’re in a separate dining room where you are being waited on and you are looking at older people just sitting at tables. I felt like it would have been better to sit out with the people who live there and see what it’s really like versus being in a dining room. But Brookdale Vacaville was nice, clean, and safe. I think we liked this one better. It's run by a family. The lady who took us around knew the guests’ names and they knew her, so we liked that it was more intimate and caring interactions.

Caring110693650 August 31, 2015

My mom in-law is in Brookdale. She has a nice unit, but I don't really like the facility. The food situation is very bad, the cooking is not good, and waitressing is not good; they have long waits for food. There is a very high turnover at Brookdale. There has been theft there lately and two small fires in the last month. It's just not leaving me with a good taste in my mouth, but she just wants to stay there. They need to renovate that place completely. They need better lighting; she lost a lot of sight and can't see her food, but they won't change the light bulbs. The hallways are very dreary and dark. The furniture outside is really quite disgusting as well as the maintenance. The windows are always dirty. Hopefully with them changing over to Brookdale, we will see some changes within the year.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting you and your loved one’s expectations. Please be assured the safety and well-being of our residents is our first priority and we share their concerns as well as the concerns of their loved ones. We would welcome an opportunity to discuss it with you personally and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

Jean111311050 August 31, 2015

My mom-in-law was at Brookdale Vacaville for about 10 days when she was back in the hospital. Their staff is excellent. It’s a very loving, caring, and wonderful place. They are also very family oriented and very warm. The grounds are beautiful. When you go in there, you feel very welcome. They do have activities, but since she was only there for 10 days, I am not that familiar. They have a library, an activity room, lunch rooms, and plenty of place for you to sit privately and talk. They also have a big gathering room where everybody can go together and participate in songs and entertainment. Their food is wonderful. They have a variety and very good taste.

Ed33 April 19, 2015

My stepfather is at Brookdale Vacaville. There are a lot of military individuals there, and the ratio of men to women is about 50/50 which to my understanding is a bit unusual. Everything so far has been positive. He seems to be functioning well there, and I think he is getting good care; so far so good.

Elicia March 07, 2015

My mom is in Brookdale, and it is very nice. She likes and enjoys the food. They have activities. They take them out to the movies, to the casino, and to eat. They have a schedule of what they do for each month. The staff is very nice and open. They let me know if she is out of things, if she needs more things, and how she's doing. They are very informative, and everyone is very friendly.

Caring76518450 December 28, 2013

I am familiar with Emeritus at Vacaville as I have a lot of friends there. They are happy and satisfied with the services that they get . The facility is excellent. They have good service. The rooms are certainly roomy. They have entertainment there. They also provide medication care. They have things for the ladies like beauty shops. My friends seemed to like their food. I think this facility is adequate for me. It's a good place.

Leaf20 September 29, 2013

I went to Emeritus at Vacaville because a friend invited me. I had lunch there and I looked at the place. It was very neat, clean and well maintained. They had institutional food that was heavy on meat and potatoes, very little fresh vegetables and very sugary desserts which is not my style. They didn't ask the questions that concerned me. Will I be able to see visitors? Could I have a pet? What were the extra expenses for outings? What was the range of the outings? These never came up.

Willene September 25, 2013

Emeritus at Vacaville was really good and that's the place me and my sister wants to see mom go into, but mom just didn't feel comfortable there. It didn't feel homey enough for her. I like the circular construction of it, but what I didn't like is that it's a two-story building and that's the only thing that I didn't like. I like the amenities that they offer and I also like how they rated mom's condition with the cost factor rather than a point system. They had a price for what her medical needs might be and then the rental and I like that aspect.

Paul18 August 28, 2013

I visited Emeritus at Vacaville. It was a very nice and clean facility. The staff was attentive. The food looked good. There were plenty of things to do and people could participate in a lot of extra-curricular stuffs. However, it was design for independent living with some assistance. I would recommend them to others.

Susan63225950 July 30, 2013

My husband stayed at Emeritus at Vacaville for a week when I had to go out of town. The staff was really great to him. The place is nice and clean and they did take good care of him. He enjoyed the food.

Art7 July 25, 2013

Me and my brother visited Emeritus at Vacaville. The people are nice although I really did not get the chance to talk to a lot of people except for the girl who showed as around. She was really nice. The food was good and they had activities. I really didn't like the rooms and my dad didn't like it either because it looks like a hospital setting. You walk in and you can see the bedrooms from the kitchen and the dining area. There's no door. It's just a big open area. So to me, when I walked in I got a feeling of hospital, not really apartment.

kate rose December 29, 2012

Emeritus is in a nice part of town. The people are friendly. From what I saw, the facility is very clean and very well taken care of. The staff was always around with the residents. My mom has some form of Alzheimer's and it seems like the majority of their facility is more geared towards assisted living. They do have memory care but I didn't see a whole lot of it during my visit, or it's just not seem where the focus is. The room seem very nice and spacious. The lady that I talked to was very kind and very informative. It was a nice facility but it just didn't have what I was looking for.

Caring2304 July 25, 2012

The Emeritus is very beautiful. It has well-maintained landscaping and a very spacious courtyard. They have a lot of programs and services offered. The rooms are very cozy. It is equipped with a kitchen and has a wheelchaired accessible bathroom with safety features. Closets are big enough for just one person's things.

Their staff are well trained, knowledgeable and very experienced. They are available 24 hours a day for every resident's needs. They also could help you with your transportation when going to your doctor for checkups and such.

I haven't tried tasting the food. Seems simple yet looks very appetizing.

Yes, i would recommend this facility.

Sentium October 20, 2011

I have been going to the Emeritus in Vacaville, California and as soon as I walked into this place I caught sight into compassionate care, fear, vulnerability and suffering that the residents seemed to show. Whenever I heard about stories of a nursing home visit I always heard negative things like the residents were treated poorly or neglected and I think the residents in this certain assisted living area were treated very fairly and I think they had the same thoughts going in and that's why they were all on their 'tip-toes' On my first visit, I was impressed by the warm, comfortable furnishings inside of the homes and the open caring nurses that presented themselves whenever someone seemed to need assistance with anything. During my first visit I was extremely impressed at everything I saw and I'm extremely happy that my parents are in this assisted living home as my father has a broken back and it's very difficult for him to take care of himself and, my mom, at her old feble age isn't able to help as well as she was before.

John Baker January 21, 2009

My loved one stayed here

The care for my mother was horrible. The administrator would yell at the residents and punish his staff for his shortcomings. He and the resident care director ignored my request for extra care for my mother and when I went to visit, her clothes had not been changed in a week.

From Brookdale Vacaville

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Features of Brookdale Vacaville

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services

• Private services

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: RCFE
  • State License(s): 486803520

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Brookdale Vacaville