Brookdale Utica

45969 North Pointe Boulevard, Utica, MI, 48315

Reviews of Brookdale Utica

Charles Son September 24, 2014

I had been looking for a facility for my father since March when my mother passed and my father was in Shelby Nursing Center when they just told me I had to have my father out within 5 days or they would start charging me. Wynwood bent over backwards not only to help make my fathers care affordable but to have all his medical needs ready before his discharge and let us in early to decorate and move his things to his apartment. The staff is friendly and you can tell they care. My wife and I interviewed residents outside the presence of any staff and their families and could not find anyone that gave other than rave reviews at this facility. My father moves in Monday and I am looking forward to working with the staff of Wynwood and my father and my first meal with dad at the facility on Monday. I would like to thank the entire staff of Wynwood for helping through this last minute requirement and showing the kindness and compassion we did not find at other local facilities that Wynwood provided and I are sure my father will enjoy living at Wynwood of Utica. Thanks again to the staff of Wynwood you helped me during a very trying time and I cannot express my gratitude enough...You gave my peace of mind while other facilities gave me roadblocks...

Caring41604050 June 26, 2014

Number 1: Wynwood Utica is short staffed. You don't get the level of care you do at a rehab place. You don't get that personal attention. I would not recommend it. It's a nice place; the environment is OK. But there are a few things we found out that we were not aware of. They don't tell you everything when you get in there. They don't give you all the facts. They're very expensive. I know it's a very competitive business.

My mom has been there since May. She came from rehab. We had to find a place quick, and we didn't have a lot of time. But they're strictly assisted living, and she needs 24/7 care. That's why it's so expensive. She needs extra care, she can't walk, and she's 89 years old. There are a lot of problems with billing we have to watch. We'll see how things go. The staff is friendly, but they're just overworked. They're not really qualified to do a lot of things. It's assisted living, it's not a rehab place, and they're not all nurses. Some are just assistants, and not all have the same level of qualification to care for a patient.

Caring73512150 December 27, 2013

My mother is in Wynwood. We choose it because we know someone who stayed there and the feedback is positive. The facility is clean. They are very receptive. They take good care of her by checking on her constantly. They do everything that I request for them to do. The food is excellent. The entertainment is good. We are happy with everything about it.

Linda18 October 31, 2012

The location, availability, and references from other people that are in Wynwood are the reasons why we chose this facility. The staff is all pleasant. My mother-in-law has only been there three weeks, so we're still feeling things out. But so far everything's okay. She said the food is good. If she wants something different than what's on the menu, they'll give it to her. Any issues that I've brought up has been taken care promptly. The rooms were very spacious, nice decor and all that. That was one of the reasons too why we chose it. Although I don't think they clean often enough.

stammy20 October 24, 2012

This was a very nice home. The environment was clean and well kept. The staff were friendly, outgoing and helpful. I visited here with a friend of mine who's mother is a resident and it was a surprisingly delightful experience. The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable. My friend's mother was happy and seemed very comfortable. This facility offered varying degrees of care, depending on what each individual resident needed. My friend's mother was able to do many things for herself and maintains her mobility so she was able to help out with simple tasks which made her feel more at home. They also provide many activities for the residents and seem to keep them very entertained. I visited with my friend's mother and because of how happy and content she seemed I made an appointment for my husband to come in a visit the facility as my mother in law is now in need of assisted living and prior to my visit with this facility, we were hesitant to seek assisted living.

Carol725 July 27, 2011

This facility is very home like, safe, friendly and clean. All of the residents are known by name They are treated with respect and handled as individuals with individual needs. My Mom lives in this facility and is very happy there. She likes the fact that because she is mobil they let her help out with simple jobs and this makes her feel useful.She also enjoys the activities and trips that they provide.She feels that her days are very full.

JessicaD July 01, 2011

This facility is different than a lot of the others I visited while looking for a place for my grandmother. They have a unique way of doing things, instead of having a set rate or program for everybody they customize a plan for each person. I liked their idea of doing this because most seniors have different needs than others, and this way they only have to pay for the services they need. The staff told us that they regularly assess their patient's needs because they realize that these things can change often. Besides medical needs they also help with everyday things if needed, from getting dressed, bathing, medications, cleaning of apartments, taking out trash, pet care, and a lot of other things. They also provide 3 meals a day and have places for the residents to socialize, like the game room, courtyard, beauty salon, and they even have a garden that the residents can grow vegetables in. I really liked that they had a garden, I've never seen a senior facility that had one and my grandmother loves to garden so giving her a chance to do that might make her feel more at home.

From Brookdale Utica

Brookdale Utica provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Utica

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: Onsite 24/7

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library, Fitness room/Gym

• Religious services
  • Book clubs

• Staff patient ratio: 7 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 60

• Licenses: Home for the Aged
  • State License(s): AH500236944

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living
  • We offer financial aid