Brookdale Urbana | Urbana, IL

1706 E. Amber Lane, Urbana, IL, 61802

Reviews of Brookdale Urbana | Urbana, IL

Caring100308550 January 06, 2015

It is a large facility. They showed us around, and it looked like a nice facility. This is so much closer to our house. The dining room at Emeritus is very nice. They have adequate sized rooms. I was pretty satisfied with what I saw.

Carey2 September 27, 2014

My mother is now living in Emeritus at Canterbury Ridge. We chose this facility among others because it is closer to my sister. The staff working there is absolutely wonderful. They really get to know all of the residents. They truly care about them. They have an exercise group, movie nights, and trivia nights. They just have a variety of things that my mom can participate in if she wants to. Their food is pretty good. It is better than some places that we have tried, but of course it is not home cooking. The rooms they have there are very nice. In fact, my mother loves her room. She is happy being there. I don't worry about my mother for a minute. The best thing I can say aboout the place is my mom calls it a home now.

Caring92264150 August 13, 2014

I chose Emeritus at Canterbury Ridge for my mother because of the location and its amenities. It was the place that my mom -- out of all the places we've visited -- seemed to be most comfortable. The staff has been fantastic. They know all the residents and all the family members by name; they greet you every time they see you in the hallway. The facility itself is modern and clean. The rooms are well laid out. They do things like refinish the room when a new resident moves in. They have a lot of activities although my mom doesn't participate in them. I know that she does their exercise program in the morning. Food is excellent. They have a new chef that started earlier this summer and she is really good. It just seems that my mom is happy with the community, the staff, as well as the other residents that are there.

Caring81261050 March 29, 2014

Emeritus was pretty basic; there weren’t a lot of bells and whistles to it, but he staff was friendly and cared about the needs of the residents. Their rooms seem very sterile, hard, and cold. They could add a warmer touch to them. They followed up with me this weekend, and they were talking about expanding the memory care facilities, so that was encouraging. They have exercises through the rehab group. They have things in the garden area in the warmer weather. They have shuttle service and bus tours.

Patty25 December 17, 2013

Emeritus seemed nice. Its environment was homey. They did have activities for their residents. Their residents seemed happy and they were doing activities during my visit. Location-wise, it is farther away from the mall, but it is close to the hospital. Also there is a Wal-Mart near it and they provide transportation for their residents. However, the biggest reasons why we chose another facility were the cost and the location. It was on the other side of town.

caring0530413 June 07, 2013

Emeritus at Canterbury Ridge is very nice and clean. The director is very helpful and informative. I was very pleased with my visit there.

mslindvahl May 10, 2012

Great staff and good food!

T.Raymond July 30, 2011

My grandmother has been Living in Canterbury Ridge for close to 5 years now, and the entire experience has been wonderful. The facility is bright and cheerful and the staff is fantastic, willing to go above and beyond to make sure their residents are happy and well taken care of. In my many visits to the place I have never felt anything but welcome by the entire community. The building is always clean, the activities are well structured and everyone seems genuinely happy to be there. There are many area's set up, apart from the rooms, for social gatherings, game play, etc. The dining room is very inviting and they even have someone who plays the piano during lunch as entertainment. The only complaint my grandmother has about the place is the food, not that it is bad, but they never seem to have enough of the more "popular" items. She finds that if she doesn't get down there within the first 30 minutes of service everything has been picked over. All in all this is a great place, your loved one will still have their independence with a little extra security for those of us who can't be with them 24 hours a day.

From Brookdale Urbana

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Location of Brookdale Urbana