Pacifica Senior Living Union City

33883 Alvarado-Niles Rd, Union City, CA, 94587

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Union City

DH4 December 30, 2015

I liked many things about Pacifica Senior Living Union City, including the size, the friendliness of the staff, and the good food. I really liked Robin, the marketing/sales guy. He was very personable and future-oriented. I also liked the price; it’s the most reasonable price among all that I have visited. I like its location, which is just across the street from a high school, so they get volunteers. I also like that it is close to grocery stores and restaurants.

mayalm October 17, 2015

My Mom stayed here at Pacifica for 3 weeks respite care. She has short term memory issues and is a little unstable on her feet ("walker dpendent"). It is important that she has a lot of social stimulation and time-place orientation every day. They promised they would look after her and provide for her needs while I was out of town. THEY DID! I can tell when Mom hasn't been getting the social interaction she needs because her mind is more dull and her spirits are low. When I picked her up to bring her back home, she was perky, in good spirits, and as agile as she can be. Clothes and person clean. No clothes were lost, no injuries sustained. Staff is just great (I'm a former Director of Nurses of a SNF so have a very high bar for them to meet). Her apt. was clean and new, really nice. The meals were tasty and of good variety. The activities were varied. Staff ensured Mom attended all they had (per our request). And while I was gone, they texted me pictures of her (I gave prior permission) and I texted pictures of me back to them so they could show her. - If I need respite again, I would definitely want Mom here. Top marks for this facility in my experience.

IWolfe August 28, 2015

I am a resident of this facility and I love every minute of it. When I walked into Pacifica I knew this was the right place for me The building and grounds were nice and clean, The management team that greeted us and explained everything to us were very professional. Along with my family we were able to pick out our own apartment. yes, we were downsizing but furnishing the apt. was a joy. It is nice and comfortable. I was afraid that coming from a different lifestyle I would be board but OH how wrong I was. There are plenty of different activities to keep me busy all day long and I take advantage of all of them to keep myself well and happy. The chef and kitchen staff are well trained to cater to us. The food is delicious/ The maintenance crew here at Pacifica is top notch. They take good care of our needs. The nurses, med tech's, care givers, housekeepers. With all of this help we do have a comfortable and carefree life. I LOVE IT.

Wynn1 July 21, 2015

Pacifica Senior Living was nice, gorgeous, and huge. It’s next to the senior center, and the library is across the street. They gave us lunch; I talked to the chef and the people in the kitchen, and the people liked the food. We had some residents come up to our table and talk to us; they were very happy and very independent living there.

It’s just very costly. They said they’d have to have 2 people because my dad weighs 260 lbs to lift him up, and then it was going to be about $7,000 a month; who has $7000 a month?

The rooms are very nice and adequate for what they need. They had a whole calendar full of things. I like the staff; they’re very good. I talked to some people who came to visit their parents; their parents love it, and they’re very grateful that their parents are there.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your time and are happy to hear our residents and their families are happy there! We understand that senior housing can be expensive and we have conducted a comprehensive market study and found our rates are in line with other facilities. In fact, we are confident Pacifica Senior Living offers a better value for you and your loved ones.

kellenE September 13, 2012

I really liked this facility. It was really clean and all of the residents seemed to be happy. Most of the assisted living facilities that I have seen tend to be pretty run down. This one was also nice because all of the workers seemed to be really friendly and they treated the residents really well. The quality of the rooms there was also really nice. My grandmother seemed to really like this place when she was living there. I never heard her complain about it at all. She also liked the fact that the room she had had a nice view of the city. She also told me that they had many activities for the residents which was really nice because it helped to keep them busy. She also said that the food they served there was really good. She seemed to really enjoy the time she lived there.

Meeshell July 24, 2012

It was a very lovely environment with new furniture. My grandmother seemed to be enjoying herself here. She smiled and went on to introduce me to her friends that she had made. Everyone, the staff and other occupants, were very friendly as soon as I arrived. The staff always came by to make sure we, especially my grandmother, were okay or if we needed anything to let them know. They are always smiling and welcoming making them seem very genuine that they cared for each person there. It is in a very nice and safe community. The facility looks as if it is kept up to date and well maintained thoroughly and very often. It was very clean and a nice place for my grandmother to be. It was nice that they had special programs there too for the elderly with dementia. It is a nice safe haven for those with dementia and those just growing with old age.

pm1960 August 03, 2011

Alma Via is a lovely environment and the staff is really nice and kind to the people that live there. They help to promote a positive physical, spiritual, and emotional well-being for the adult that reside there. The facilities are well cared for both inside and out. They even have a special program for adults who have been diagnosed with dementia that includes personalized care.

From Pacifica Senior Living Union City

Welcome to Pacifica Senior Living Union City, our beautiful, safe and friendly community of quality caregivers, well trained professionals, and most importantly, satisfied residents. Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, our community offers a full spectrum of assisted living and memory care services administered by a specifically trained, caring and experienced staff.

We are proud of the outstanding reputation we’ve earned. It is a reputation built on strong values, a solid work ethic and the best care and outside medical services available. At Pacifica Senior Living Union City, you will enjoy retirement lifestyle provided in a stunning setting; a lifestyle rich with services, amenities and endless possibilities.

Features of Pacifica Senior Living Union City

• Tagalog

• 24-hour security gate

• Pharmacy
  • 24 hour nurses: On-call 24/7

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We charge an entry fee
  • Minimum memory care rate: $5,175/month