Brookdale Tyler East

3505 University Blvd., Tyler, TX, 75701

Reviews of Brookdale Tyler East

Kay28 October 27, 2011

I visited this facility for my grandfather because we had a close family friend that was currently working there. On a tour of the grounds was nice and the location was in a good part of town. My favorite feature were the 'apartment' rooms which I knew would make my grandfather feel like he was in an apartment/town home rather than a room in a nursing home. The rooms were separated but they had a game room and television room where he could go to interact and have some fun with the other patients. I knew I wanted to enroll him withthe Sterling House knowing they had nurses on staff 24hrs and they regularly check with the local doctor's offices after-hours so that they could help him if needed. The Sterling House was a great choice for us and we think it will be for others as well.

Mavericks80 September 30, 2011

I have a friend who lived for over a year at Sterling House Assisted Living in Tyler, Texas. I visited this facility approximately 20 times over the course of 2009. The staff were mostly friendly and seemed caring. Moreover, they seemed competent and their heart appeared to be in the right place. The setting is country style with nothing fancy. It is clean and has good food. I shared a meal with my friend for lunch. They also have a beauty shop which is open one day a week. The Sterling House is a secure facility, meaning you must have code to get in and out. I believe it is a good facility if your loved one has memory impairment or some other condition that prohibits them from living at home independently. I would not recommend Sterling House if your loved one has heavy medical needs because assisted livings are not equipped to handle skilled nursing care. Overall, I would rate this facility a four out of five because of the cleanliness, competant staff, and relaxed atmosphere. The only reason I would not give it a five because it lacks a wide variety of outing activities that many assisted livings offer. There are many assisted living facilities to choose from in East Texas. I would suggest to at least take a tour of the Sterling House and get a feel for the atmosphere.

From Brookdale Tyler East

Brookdale Tyler East provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Tyler East