Atria Copeland

5317 New Copeland Road, Tyler, TX, 75703

Reviews of Atria Copeland

May 28, 2015

My dad is at Atria Copeland which is in Tyler. It is an assisted living, but it is a B-facility. When we transferred him over here we had a few hiccups with them. The hiccups were with their billing. Atria Copeland and my husband's former community are associated. They are of the same company, but they have two different billing companies. When we finished up his amount due from where he was at, we just attached it to his new facility. But for whatever reason, they couldn't divide the check, and for two months, we have been battling with them over that. But other than that, they have beautiful dining rooms. They have bent over backwards to keep my dad there even though he was nursing material almost from the time he walked through the door. From the time they assisted him, he evidently deteriorated that it was questionable he can even stay there. But for two and a half months, they have bent over backwards to keep him. They had personally assisted him in the bathroom, getting him to the dining room, dressing him, and doing things that a nursing home should be doing. They are the one who put us on the path to hospice. They were the ones that let me know that it was a viable option. I would say other than the billing hiccup, they have done more to try to help us transition to the nursing home mode. The care was great, and it was wonderful. The apartments were clean when we came in, and it is well done. They have nice grounds, but they need more parking. They have a beautiful little restaurant with a chef. It has linen napkins and linen table cloths, and it is very classy.

May 05, 2015

By Dorothy35240350

I visited Atria Copeland a day after Christmas, and there were no Christmas decorations that I could see except for one little tree in the common area. Everybody was either in a wheelchair or using a walker, and I decided that maybe that really was not the place for me. The rooms were OK. They had carpets on the floor. The bedroom and the living room were small, but the bathroom was rather large. The closet was small as well.   I only met one lady, and I think she was the manager of the place. I did not see anybody else. The laundry room was dirty, and the dryer doors were open. I did not notice any activities. They had a singer entertaining everybody who was really loud. I would not have liked that at all if I actually lived there. The dining room was alright. It just did not look very inviting. The atmosphere to me was depressing.   I am sure the people there are well treated, and the staff does the best they can. The building itself could stand some improvements. I was a little bit surprised when she told me that the price of that room was $3400, and before I left she said she can probably let me have it for $2600. That did not fit too well.

Hi, Dorothy. We’re sorry to hear that Atria Copeland wasn’t a perfect fit for you. If you’d like to share more about your visit, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

April 20, 2015

Atria Copeland was near where we lived. It was very nice, and the staff was very helpful. The apartments were very nice and adequate. The location was very nice.

March 25, 2015

By Gaye3

Atria was very nice, but they charged for everything extra and that included cable. It was going to be a lot more expensive. It is two stories, and his room is upstairs, but there are elevators to take them there. The staff was very nice and showed us different apartments. The rooms were nice.

February 11, 2015

We had a positive impression upon visiting Atria Copeland, and that is where mom is right now. Her room was very nice; she is not happy about the move, but she has not been there two weeks yet, and I think she is gradually getting settled. The staff is smiling and helpful. She does not make any complaints. There was a larger room available; that is why I chose the place as that is important for mom. For my mom, this is the best facility.

January 22, 2015

By Mary68013350

Atria Copeland is very nice. My daughter-in-law didn’t complain about the food, and it’s very clean.

October 16, 2014

By Maggi2

We visited two Atria -- and we really feel at home in both places -- but we liked Copeland better because of the view outside. We want to look at and see trees. They have this little cabin where we could live, but we are not ready to move yet. The place was clean, the people were friendly, and it was well run. We had lunch there, it was very nice. They’re very hospitable, and I am sure that’s where we will go in the future as they have the same values that we have and we also have friends who live there. We would start in the independent in the cabin and if ever we get disabled then we would have to move inside. I would recommend this facility.

April 22, 2014

My dad has chosen Atria. We liked the people and the atmosphere and the care that would be provided. The staff was wonderful. They’re very attentive. Anything that he needs, it happens immediately. They check on him, and they’re friendly. It’s what we liked best. We’re very pleased with the staff. The rooms were very large, very spacious, and very clean. They clean them once a week. They come in and make the bed every day. It was wonderful food. They had quail one night and Cornish game hens another night. They have a full calendar. They have probably five different activities a day, all scheduled on a big board so it’s easy for the residents to see. They go on field trip-type outings. They have bingo, exercise classes, music. They bring in people to do concerts and bible studies. They have a full library, both video library and books. It’s conveniently located also. There is shopping and restaurants. The grounds are park-like, so if you wanted to just be in a park, you just step out your door and you’re in a park.

August 01, 2013

By Martha12

Atria Copeland had a very beautiful and clean ground. They had welcoming staff. However, they didn't have any room available.

June 26, 2013

By Pat24

I think what's best about Atria Copeland was the price and the services looked very good.

June 03, 2012

By commercesd

We visited the Atria Copeland assisted living facility while searching for a place for my brother's friend to live. The outside was very nicely maintained, offering easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there is also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics. The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable. Activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors may easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many other stimulating activities. Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered. The residents go on trips to visit the many local entertainment hubs throughout the region, such as art galleries and museums, casual and fine restaurants and cultural events. The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture. The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The residents here looked very content in their living environment and were well cared for by kind and considerate staff. By all accounts, this looked to us like a vibrant environment with enough interesting activities, but still being a peaceful living area for all of the residents.

Photos of Atria Copeland

Services & Amenities of Atria Copeland

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Cottages

About Atria Copeland

At Atria Copeland, you'll enjoy the perfect blend of hospitality, independence, and exceptional service. This gated community has a grand front entrance with a fountain, landscaped courtyards and beautiful gardens. Enjoy walking the grounds and chatting with your neighbors. Atria Copeland is right in the heart of Tyler and just down the road from Dallas and Shreveport.

Atria Copeland provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Independent garden homes with washer and dryer included
  • Scenic walking path with gazebo and swing
  • Anytime Café
  • Pet friendlycommunity
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation

Atria Copeland is set on 16 beautiful acres along a wooded creek, this charming gated community offers comfortable spaces that welcome you to dine, socialize or simply relax.

Map of Atria Copeland