Atria Copeland

5317 New Copeland Road, Tyler, TX, 75703

Reviews of Atria Copeland

Dorothy35240350 May 05, 2015

I visited Atria Copeland a day after Christmas, and there were no Christmas decorations that I could see except for one little tree in the common area. Everybody was either in a wheelchair or using a walker, and I decided that maybe that really was not the place for me. The rooms were OK. They had carpets on the floor. The bedroom and the living room were small, but the bathroom was rather large. The closet was small as well.   I only met one lady, and I think she was the manager of the place. I did not see anybody else. The laundry room was dirty, and the dryer doors were open. I did not notice any activities. They had a singer entertaining everybody who was really loud. I would not have liked that at all if I actually lived there. The dining room was alright. It just did not look very inviting. The atmosphere to me was depressing.   I am sure the people there are well treated, and the staff does the best they can. The building itself could stand some improvements. I was a little bit surprised when she told me that the price of that room was $3400, and before I left she said she can probably let me have it for $2600. That did not fit too well.

Hi, Dorothy. We’re sorry to hear that Atria Copeland wasn’t a perfect fit for you. If you’d like to share more about your visit, please reach out to us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

Caring105167650 April 20, 2015

Atria Copeland was near where we lived. It was very nice, and the staff was very helpful. The apartments were very nice and adequate. The location was very nice.

Gaye3 March 25, 2015

Atria was very nice, but they charged for everything extra and that included cable. It was going to be a lot more expensive. It is two stories, and his room is upstairs, but there are elevators to take them there. The staff was very nice and showed us different apartments. The rooms were nice.

Caring102525150 February 11, 2015

We had a positive impression upon visiting Atria Copeland, and that is where mom is right now. Her room was very nice; she is not happy about the move, but she has not been there two weeks yet, and I think she is gradually getting settled. The staff is smiling and helpful. She does not make any complaints.

There was a larger room available; that is why I chose the place as that is important for mom. For my mom, this is the best facility.

Mary68013350 January 22, 2015

Atria Copeland is very nice. My daughter-in-law didn’t complain about the food, and it’s very clean.

Maggi2 October 16, 2014

We visited two Atria -- and we really feel at home in both places -- but we liked Copeland better because of the view outside. We want to look at and see trees. They have this little cabin where we could live, but we are not ready to move yet. The place was clean, the people were friendly, and it was well run. We had lunch there, it was very nice. They’re very hospitable, and I am sure that’s where we will go in the future as they have the same values that we have and we also have friends who live there. We would start in the independent in the cabin and if ever we get disabled then we would have to move inside. I would recommend this facility.

Caring82225050 April 22, 2014

My dad has chosen Atria. We liked the people and the atmosphere and the care that would be provided. The staff was wonderful. They’re very attentive. Anything that he needs, it happens immediately. They check on him, and they’re friendly. It’s what we liked best. We’re very pleased with the staff. The rooms were very large, very spacious, and very clean. They clean them once a week. They come in and make the bed every day. It was wonderful food. They had quail one night and Cornish game hens another night.

They have a full calendar. They have probably five different activities a day, all scheduled on a big board so it’s easy for the residents to see. They go on field trip-type outings. They have bingo, exercise classes, music. They bring in people to do concerts and bible studies. They have a full library, both video library and books. It’s conveniently located also. There is shopping and restaurants. The grounds are park-like, so if you wanted to just be in a park, you just step out your door and you’re in a park.

Martha12 August 01, 2013

Atria Copeland had a very beautiful and clean ground. They had welcoming staff. However, they didn't have any room available.

Pat24 June 26, 2013

I think what's best about Atria Copeland was the price and the services looked very good.

commercesd June 03, 2012

We visited the Atria Copeland assisted living facility while searching for a place for my brother's friend to live.

The outside was very nicely maintained, offering easy access for residents, where they can enjoy walking around freely safely each day. We could see that there is also plenty of space to have cookouts, parties and picnics.

The foyer was fresh and bright with very nice decorations and furniture. All of the indoor rooms had plenty of fresh air and light. Each room was beautifully decorated and furnished. The colors throughout the building were soothing and comfortable.

Activity rooms were spacious, with comfortable furniture. The seniors may easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many other stimulating activities.

Seniors can use the exercise room at any time and also go on daily walks. Aerobics and yoga classes are offered.

The residents go on trips to visit the many local entertainment hubs throughout the region, such as art galleries and museums, casual and fine restaurants and cultural events.

The private rooms featured plenty of space in nicely decorated surroundings. All had a great deal of natural light and fresh air with very comfortable furniture.

The menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and into the evening, as well as whenever residents request them. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space.

The residents here looked very content in their living environment and were well cared for by kind and considerate staff. By all accounts, this looked to us like a vibrant environment with enough interesting activities, but still being a peaceful living area for all of the residents.

From Atria Copeland

At Atria Copeland, you'll enjoy the perfect blend of hospitality, independence, and exceptional service. This gated community has a grand front entrance with a fountain, landscaped courtyards and beautiful gardens. Enjoy walking the grounds and chatting with your neighbors. Atria Copeland is right in the heart of Tyler and just down the road from Dallas and Shreveport.

Atria Copeland provides the following services:

• Staff available 24 hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Independent garden homes with washer and dryer included
  • Scenic walking path with gazebo and swing
  • Anytime Café
  • Pet friendlycommunity
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation

Features of Atria Copeland

• Technology extra: Emergency Call System

• Physical therapy

• Housing extra: Cottages
  • Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Religious services

• Private services

• We charge an entry fee
  • Fee structure extra: We offer a month-to-month rental

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55