The Promenade at Tuxedo Place

38 Hospital Road, Tuxedo Park, NY, 10987

Contact Now

Reviews of The Promenade at Tuxedo Place

Mindy6 August 06, 2015

To be honest, I was not impressed with the Promenade at Tuxedo Place. I thought it was dirty, and I didn't think the staff was nice. I would not recommend it. The rooms were OK in size, but there were so many other things that I did not like about it. They were not welcoming; they were not nice at all, actually. I was very turned off by the staff. I thought their dining area was far away for the residents to get to; it was not in a convenient spot. It seemed like everybody was just sitting and watching TV. I was not impressed with that at all. The outside was a beautiful setting. It was a nice country type of a thing, but no, it was not for us.

Anna27 May 13, 2015

I was able to visit The Promenade at Tuxedo Place late of February. Everything was beautiful. The rooms were beautiful, and the staff was super nice. The staff that I dealt with was wonderful and really caring. They have different activities. They even went on trips and exercise. My mother would have loved it.

Joan107630350 March 14, 2015

I also went to the Promenade up in Tuxedo. It is lovely, smaller, and very nice. The staff is lovely. This is not far away from me, but I have to go up a big hill with the car, park it, and go up another hill. If the weather is bad, I wasn't too crazy about that idea. We had to walk up a very steep hill, and it was snowing that day. It is difficult and not as accessible as I would like. I only saw one room. It is smaller, and I think a double bed would have really been difficult to put in there. I think the dining room is lovely. They have tables for three or four. They have a big table if a group wanted to sit together. It is bright, and I think it is very nice. They also have activities. I was only there one time, and the person that showed me around was great. She showed me all the different things and activities. It was a smaller, more intimate environment.

kathryn g March 11, 2015

My husband and I visited the Promenade at Tuxedo Place and were very impressed. It is a very warm and friendly place. We brought my mother-in -law to visit and she loves it ! She will be moving in soon ! I am happy to know there are places like this for the elderly .

DisgustedwPromenade March 05, 2015

The Independent Housing is the worst I have ever experienced. The receptionist is rude. The Executive Director implements policies to alienate residents. I can't imagine being " trapped" in their Assisted Living. If you love your "loved one" run away.

Caring102252650 February 26, 2015

The Promenade at Tuxedo Place was the worst place. The people were not nice. I made an appointment, and I showed up, but the woman was not there. The woman who was there was not nice. She felt like put out because she had to give me a tour. The woman who made the appointment with me that didn't show up never called up to apologize. We saw the place with the woman who was sort of like the receptionist, but she was not very friendly, not very cooperative, and not nice. One of my girlfriends said that this is not good. I just didn't like it. It was also far away. It took us 45minutes to get there, and I wanted to be able to get to my mother right away. I didn't like the way that the room was situated. It could have been a little cramped which depends on what you put in there. It looked a little older. It wasn't dirty, but it looked like it could use a little more work. It looked like they had activities, and there were a lot of people when we walked in. There was a room where everybody was sitting watching TV, but I didn't get a good feel because of the woman. Maybe if I went back and it was a different woman, I may be telling a different story.

FranHolander February 16, 2015

With the exception of the Executive Director (she is not a people person and should not be allowed to interact with residents and their families!) everyone is very friendly and helpful. Located in a very small town that does not have much in the way of medical services. Very clean facility built on the side of a mountain. Not much outdoor space available to the residents.

Christine5511 December 10, 2014

We visited The Promenade at Tuxedo Place for my mother. What we like about it was the smallness of it, the coziness of it, and the more home-like feeling it had. We saw two of the staff, and they were very nice. We just got a very warm feeling in this place. Regarding activities, they have a gardening club. Regarding location, this place is within 10 to 15 minutes of a hospital. The rooms seemed to be a little bit more conducive for what my mother likes. She did like it though.

Christine40 October 18, 2014

My father is in Promenade at Tuxedo Place and it is very good. They give him attention and the freedom to try to do things he wants. They are always right there to help him if he needs it. During breakfast, lunch or dinner, they knock on the door and tell him "It's time for the meal, are you coming?" He only says "No" once and they stand there and ask, "Is there any reason?" Then he replies, "Yeah I am watching a baseball game". It is a comfort for him, but for the price, it is sort of far away from me because everything that is closer to me is a lot more expensive. It is very open and very airy. Nothing is enclosed. They have their rules, but they are not restricted. However, maybe they can have a few more activities because not everybody can just sit in and play bingo or word games and stuff. Maybe they can have like book discussions, or they can sit around and discuss articles in the newspaper or something like that.

Caring90143750 July 31, 2014

I had a tour at Promenade at Tuxedo and the staff were very friendly. They gave me all the information that I needed. The rooms were very nice and clean. I really didn’t see anything going on outside and I really didn’t know if they have anything going on for people as far as activities.

Donna75767050 January 28, 2014

Promenade at Tuxedo Place is a little bit expensive facility. They were very strict with regards to their rules about assisted living. This place expected me to transport my parents from Pennsylvania to New York to be able to evaluate them and I said that was a very negative thing to do. My mother is very disabled and my father is semi-disabled and I just thought that was inconsiderate. They didn’t have anybody that would be willing to evaluate them there, but it was a nice and clean place. I just wish they were flexible with regards to their rules.

Caring58958350 October 11, 2013

Everything at the Promenade at Tuxedo Place was nice and clean. The people who gave me the tour were extremely nice. They showed me all the different facilities, they went over everything with me, they didn't rush me out of the place.That place is in contention when my father does make his decision.They showed me all the rooms, they were clean and nice. It looked comfortable enough that my dad would feel at home there.It's definitely within my driving distance to visit my dad if he went there and it's in a nice scenic area.

Joan18 August 01, 2013

I liked it. I liked the area. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it. It met my price point. I was near my son's house. It would have been perfect but no one had called me back.

caring112 June 14, 2013

My mother-in-law really liked The Promenade at Tuxedo Place. It is only a mile from our house and it's close to her daughter and grandchild. The place was very clean. The people there were very nice and we felt that mom will get the care that she needed. The staff were very, very pleasant. They take care of her every need. My mother-in-law has only been there for a week, but so far the things we are seeing are positive and she seems happy.

From The Promenade at Tuxedo Place

The Promenade at Tuxedo Place is a family-oriented, luxury, assisted living facility. "There was a need for high quality senior housing and services, provided by a family-run organization," says owner, Steven Laufer, who established TPTP in New York. Tuxedo sets itself apart from other facilities because the owners manage much of the day-to-day operations and therefore can offer affordable rates to residents. The staff strives to provide the best possible care for seniors. Residents are able to live on their own with the added reliability of a fully equipped staff to help with their everyday needs. There is a real home-like feel to Tuxedo, a "family dynamic," says Laufer.

Located in a beautiful setting next to Tuxedo Park, The Promenade at Tuxedo Place houses around fifty residents and provides independent living, assisted living, memory care, and respite care. Tuxedo is conveniently located for residents of both New York and New Jersey. On-site health services including psychiatric care, hospice care, and medication management. Residents also have laundry and housekeeping services, along with a wide range of activities available, including organized offsite activities and outings. Family is important at Tuxedo and guests are able to attend meals and stay overnight. Laufer says, "Everyone in the community, staff and residents alike, have warm friendships."

Small very homey Community nestled in the woods with a extremely caring staff.

Features of The Promenade at Tuxedo Place

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

• German

• Hiking trails
  • Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: emergency pull cord systems

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: Men's club, Movie Club, Knitting club

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55