University Village Retirement Community

8555 South Lewis Avenue, Tulsa, OK, 74137

Contact Now

Reviews of University Village Retirement Community

davison June 14, 2016

My mother fell and broke her pelvis in four places. According to the hospital and Medicare, she did not qualify to be an inpatient, That meant that Medicare would not pay all of her bills at the hospital or at a Skilled Nursing Facility. We had to quickly look for a facility that could get her the care that she was going to need and get her out of the hospital. We found that care at University Village. She stayed nearly two months and progressed from needing two people to help her get to the bathroom to walking with the assistance of a walker. The physical therapy group was excellent. The food was good and the nursing and medical staff excellent. Our family would highly recommend University Village.

Dynaflowe April 17, 2016

My mother was a skilled nursing resident for thirteen months until we lost her. The care she received was incredible.. The administration through the staff top to bottom is top notch. Given the opportunity again I would do exactly the same thing for my mother 's care. University Village exceeded all of my family's expectations. Howard

swartJB1 April 06, 2016

We stopped by University Village to take a tour. We are looking for long term care for my father-in-law. When we arrived at the reception area, we were greeted by a very nice woman who paged someone to come and give us a tour of the nursing home. The man arrived rather quickly and took us on a tour. He answered all of our questions and introduced us to some of the staff. The place is VERY clean and didn't smell like so many nursing homes do and everyone was very friendly. We had to stop along the tour a couple of the times because the gentleman giving us the tour took the time to help a couple of people that needed assistance. One lady was confused, and he did a very good job of redirecting her. We were very pleased with the place and plan to move him in as soon as we are able.

Karen119291450 January 24, 2016

The staff at University Village is very informative. However, they forfeited my room reservation. It was a single room with a bathroom, and a separate shower. They were quite accommodating in the dining room.

Kerr1010 January 16, 2016

My husband and I toured this facility looking for long term care for my father. This place exceeded my expectations by far. The young man that gave us a tour of the nursing home was very friendly and eager to answer our questions. The whole of the building itself seemed exceedingly clean and well maintained. Everyone there greeted us with smiles and "hellos" when we walked by them. I am looking forward to having my father at this place.

Galen1 September 30, 2015

University Village has been excellent. The people are friendly. The accommodations are terrific. It has been a very good experience. The food is very good and very well served. The serving staff is super. Dining is excellent. They do have a lot of activities for the residents.

Mary108218650 July 31, 2015

I visited University Village, and I liked it. The community was nice, and it was well laid out. They had lots of room where you could walk. They take you to the store and carry your stuff in. I have a close friend living there. The single rooms like the studio are huge. It's a little far from my house, but I love the park-like setting that it is in.

James91704050 September 01, 2014

I visited University Village Senior Living. They told me the price and I can't afford it. The atmosphere was good, and the residents seemed happy. The food seemed nice, but I did not eat there. I believe their activities were good.

Caring94620650 June 18, 2014

We weren't terribly impressed with University Village. The staff was very nice. They had a lot of different activities for people who have Parkinson's, and that's their specialty. The rooms were small but clean. The place is old. It doesn't seem to have any perks.

Karen0171 May 31, 2014

We visited University Village at four different times. They were good visits. We loved the place; we loved the apartment. We were on the waiting list. We looked at their two different-sized 2-bedroom apartments. One was a very large apartment with a HUGE walk-in closet. It was very homey, reasonably priced, and the size was adequate. It had one apartment that was probably close to 1000 to 1100 square feet. They called us to say there's an apartment available. We went in, and it's just perfect for our needs. It was laid out like a mobile home would be. However, they were doing some redecorating, and they told us they could lease it to us for a year. At that time, they would be starting to work on that area and we would have to move out. They couldn't guarantee another place at their facility, and they wouldn't store your things. We didn’t want to get involved in something like that. It's much an older building, so it's more difficult to clean. They also have a nursing facility attached with a covered walkway, so you can go and visit if you or your spouse becomes too ill to stay in the assisted living part. They had a nurse on duty on all days. They have more of cafeteria-type food. We overheard two of the staff talking about the food not being as sanitary and good in the memory care because the people didn’t know the difference about what they're getting. I found that if someone knows something like that and doesn't do or speak out about it to someone who could do something, then I don’t feel like they're hiring the best staff they could get. I have talked with them several times, and it's one of the places I'm going to look at again.

TillysMill November 18, 2011

University Village is a quiet, peaceful facility which provides both privacy and many opportunities for social activities. The staff was always helpful, from the front desk to the nursing staff they were always simply a ring away. In the area in which my relative lived, the hallway was decorate with memories. Walking up to his door showed me the type of pride he had in being able to share his experience with those who passed by. Many of the tenants were self sustaining with vehicles of their own and those who did not have transportation had ready access to the University Village van as well as scheduled trips to the store. There were large gathering areas inside where you would often find a group of old friends gathered around playing games, enjoying each other's company. I always enjoyed visiting, they made me feel at ease about the transition into assisted living for my grandfather. If you are looking into finding a great new home for your loved ones in the Tulsa area, I recommend giving University Village a tour.

From University Village Retirement Community

University Village of Tulsa is a retirement community that offers the full spectrum of senior living options, from memory care to assisted living, rehab and recovery programs. The surrounding Tulsa area also offers residents lots of cultural opportunities such as museums and theaters, ample shopping and plenty of parks.

Facilities and Amenities

University Village offers a number of housing options for both independent and assisted living residents. Residents can choose from duplex-like one or two-bedroom cottages or more traditional apartments. These accommodations have full kitchens, ample closet space, and all utilities included. There is a community dining room where residents may eat all three meals daily, if they choose. Weekly housekeeping (and all maintenance) is also included, and there is an emergency call system in each home.

There is also a skilled nursing center on-site for residents with round-the-clock care needs. Pets are welcome, and there are plenty of guest accommodations. University Village has an on-site community theater, postal services, a notary, and check-cashing services. There are exercise programs for residents, game rooms, a 'Coffee Corner', a non-denominational chapel, a library, hair salon, and room service when needed. In addition, there are a number of activities organized for residents daily and monthly.

Healthcare

University Village offers 24-hour staffing by licensed nursing personnel and an on-call physician. The community provides continuing levels of care, which change as residents’ needs change. Staff provide a number of on-site health services at the community health center.

In addition to long-term nursing care and short-term rehabilitation services, University Village also provides physical, occupational, speech and restorative therapy. There are also podiatry, vision and hearing services available.

The community provides transportation to local doctors' appointments. For other medical needs, there are several nearby hospitals and medical centers, including Hillcrest Hospital, St. Francis Hospital and St. John Medical Center.

Health Programs

University Village provides multiple exercise programs for their residents as well as a massage therapist by appointment. The community’s Parkinson's Program provides an integrated, customized approach for each individual. Staff members lead targeted exercise programs, seminars on Parkinson's, medication management, specialized nutrition plans and more. For those suffering from illness, the community also offers a respite program. It is perfect for those who need recovery time after a hospital stay or need to get well after an illness.

University Village Tulsa hosts a comprehensive and diverse program of activities designed according to residents’ interests, backgrounds, and hobbies. The community organizes events like movie nights and local restaurant outings. Residents can also volunteer with local charities, play group games or attend on-site seminars. Activities change every month.

With a wide range of included amenities, spacious floor plans, and affordable monthly rates, University Village is an exceptional combination of service and value. Discover why University Village has been one of the leading senior living communities in South Tulsa for over 30 years

Features of University Village Retirement Community

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.

• Housing extra: Cottages

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Smoke Free facility

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms
  • Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Minimum age: 62