The Villages at Southern Hills

5721 South Lewis Ave, Tulsa, OK, 74105

Reviews of The Villages at Southern Hills

Debbie116858750 November 30, 2015

My mother is now in the assisted living at the Villages for seven weeks, and it is very good. The staff is caring, and we are very happy with it. Apartments are clean and spacious.

Anonymous110486550 July 04, 2015

My husband has been in The Villages at Southern Hills for almost a year now. Everybody is very nice and friendly. I think they are all doing their jobs. He thinks the food is fine. They have a very nice dining room. It is a big facility, and he is in the assisted living part, but they also have skilled nursing and rehabilitation. They have a theater, so they have movies. They also have bingo and outings.

Pjmskey March 05, 2015

My mom was sent here after a hospital stay for rehab to get strong enough to return to assisted living. Things went pretty well, except the dining and some of the aids. She had an incident happen while in physical therapy where her leg hurt and then went numb & cold. It was on a Saturday and the people there seemed unconcerned. They gave her a pain pill and called the Dr which never called back. The following week we had to take her to the hospital where she had a clot removed. The Dr at Villages told my sister that it couldn't be a clot, but that's exactly what it was.

Virginia39 February 22, 2015

We visited four, and one of them is the Villages at Southern Hill. That was very nice. I had the chance to meet the people working there, and we found them quite good. On the services and the facility itself, what we saw was good. They provide good physical therapy.

ktlegalservice February 12, 2015

Another new community where the fresh paint hides the neglect. My very dear friend moved to nursing center there from another assisted living. She would hold her need to use the bathroom for an hour or longer waiting for help, then finally (at age 91) she would have to go and would lay in her own filth for hours. HORRIBLE! This was a very proud & "with it mentally" woman who just wanted to die after she moved in. Her roommate would do nothing by randomly scream and God bless her, I would check on her because no staff ever would. She would be literally SOAKED in urine. I would ask the nurse up front to check her Depend and advised them of her being thoroughly wet. An hour would go by, I'd go back to the nurses desk. Asked if they knew the health risks (UTI, kidney damage, bedsores, rash) and could please check her. LSS, after being with my friend for 3-4 hours and no staff ever coming in, I would say this is a good place to put your loved one if you'd like them to be ignored and neglected. It went this way each time I saw her for about 1 year.

Miashia January 13, 2015

The Villages at Southern Hills is very beautiful. The cleanliness and maintenance are superb. The activities are good, and my grandmother has good social interaction with other residents. The quality of care and the atmosphere are superb and excellent all the way around.

Susan79577150 April 27, 2014

I also visited the Villages of Southern Hills. I considered looking at it because of its proximity to my home, and I heard good things about it. They had two different sizes of rooms. Had I put my mother there, I would have been interested in the larger room because it had a little bit more of a big home feel. The staff took me through the facility, and they were very helpful. The development director was very friendly and very thorough in describing the different levels of care they offered. I saw residents in the lobby area who were listening to an outside speaker, who seemed very good. They had exercise rooms for physical therapy. They had craft rooms. It was a larger facility and probably had more amenities than some of the others. They had private rooms where you could have family gatherings and bring in food from the outside. It was a very impressive facility, and it offered assisted living as well as nursing care.

caro1 November 18, 2011

This place is very new and has few residents right now but the staff is wonderful. They are still learning just as the residents are but they are very caring and thorough.

From The Villages at Southern Hills

Distinctive and charming, we welcome you to The Villages at Southern Hills, where exceptional living meets comprehensive professional care. Beyond the front doors of this extraordinary lifestyle community you'll find the compassionate and caring hands of an assisted living and skilled nursing team. Come and make yourself at home at The Villages at Southern Hills.

Location of The Villages at Southern Hills