Brookdale Tulsa South

8231 South Mingo Road, Tulsa, OK, 74133

Reviews of Brookdale Tulsa South

whatashame November 20, 2012

The Admin / Operator will promise you anything to get your loved one in the door as they get $$ bonus for new residents. They do not keep the rooms clean, lots of fights between residents that live there I saw the med aid setting up medications for distributions having a personal conversation on her cell phone while setting up the medications. I reported it and they defended the med girl! My loved ones medications are still full but when I reported that they told me the pharmacy sent more that they should have! I pay for the medications so I know how much was sent and it sure was not more than what was ordered, I mean if anyone knows of a pharmacy that sends free meds please let me know so I can go there!! Be sure and ask to count their medications monthly! They do not give first aide here for a small cut, they just want to call Emsa and ship them out **Ala Cart pricing "“ run as fast as you can from this type of pricing. Average cost in Tulsa for Assisted Living is $3,500. Our invoices fluctuated from $3,500.00 to $5000.00 as time, once without notice! Family members of other residents have similar stories. I have moved my Loved one.

agen8490 June 21, 2012

This is a great place. They have a nurse on staff 7 days a week (one of the nurses has been there for over 6 years) and their director has been with the company for over 7 years. Activities were great and so were all the other employees. CNAs are trouble areas, but that is true most anywhere. Residents seemed happy. Residents seemed like they were requiring a high level of care compared to other assisted livings, great alternative to a nursing home in my opinion.

Guardian-1 February 16, 2012

My mother, age 93 in a hospice program until just recently, was a resident of the Sterling House from about April of 2010 to the middle of November 2011. We chose this facility because it appeared to be a nice facility with the services we required and we were told by an acquaintance who was also a part-time employee of the Sterling House, and The Sterling House management that they had only asked 2 people to leave since they had been open, one because the resident required a tube feeding and the other was an aggressive male that was problematic. Not having to move my mother was very important to me as this would very traumatic for my mother. We were asked to move my mother early in September of this year because if / when she has fallen it takes 3 to get her off the floor. Needless to say, this was very disappointing to say the least. Other issues include: 1. Medications "“ one of the employees setting up medications for distributions was observed by my brother once and my brother and me on another occasion having a personal conversation on her cell phone while setting up the medications. 2. The doctor that was contracted to serve the facility was unavailable to speak with for over 2 weeks. No one else was covering or him. 3. Ala Cart pricing "“ run as fast as you can from this type of pricing. Average cost in Tulsa for Assisted Living is $4000. Our invoices fluctuated from $4000 to $6000 as time, once without notice. Family members of other residents have similar stories. I can only take their word for it, I haven't seen their invoices. 4. Salon Services "“ We requested her hair be done every week. Couldn't get this to happen, management and hairdresser each pointing the finger to the other one. 5. Newspaper "“ For those who subscribed to the newspaper, the paper was delivered to the office to be distributed to the residents. This seldom got done, I finally canceled the paper. The good news is, she has now been moved and is actually doing much better than expected, getting more attention, requiring less services, out of hospice and for less money.

From Brookdale Tulsa South

Brookdale Tulsa South provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Features of Brookdale Tulsa South