The Villas at La Canada

6899 N. La Canada Drive, Tucson, AZ, 85704

Reviews of The Villas at La Canada

Cindy Moore September 27, 2016

Thank you to all the staff at the villas. You are so wonderful to my aunt. She enjoys all the personalities and the attention she received. I enjoy the warmth, understanding and sense of humor you all have, even though you have to deal with some difficult situations sometimes. I want to thank you for the care you've provided over the last 19 months- The Villas and your competency in providing safe, well-managed environment for seniors in need of a helping hand. Best wishes to all of you, we will continue to recommend The Villas at La Canada.

Jim Jensen September 27, 2016

Thank you to all the dedicated staff of the Villas. Thank you for creating the happy and healthy environment you do, and for the personal care and attention to detail for our mother.

Carol Nevarro September 27, 2016

I want to thank you for the tour of your facility. I am very impressed with the openess, cleanliness and overall quality of life your homes offer. Thank you again and I hope to be seeing or speaking to you soon.

Ann Callaway September 27, 2016

I would like to express my appreciation for the care you take of my Uncle the care staff has gone above and beyond the call of duty. I could not have asked for more professional, and at the same time kind caregivers. You do everything in your power to protect you at all times. I commend you for hiring such quality people at the Villas at La Canada.

Mel Peralta September 27, 2016

Thank you for all the great care you take of my father. We feel so blessed to have him in such a wonderful place where the people care about him like family. I really can't say enough good things about the Villas, we're so glad dad is surrounded by people who care for him so much!

Gail Jackson September 13, 2016

Thank you for being so patient and kind when my family and myself call on the phone to talk about my dad. I just want to say thanks to each and every one of you taking care of my dad, while he is at the Villas. All of you have been incredible! Thanks so much

Anonymous113013450 September 29, 2015

The Villas at La Canada was very clean and very pleasant. Everybody was affable, and they seemed engaged. The residents had a lot of freedom. None of the doors were locked. They just had buzzers on them. Each of the homes was set up the same, and they had a multipurpose room in the center. I thought the physical setup was really nice. It allowed interaction. They need more staff on site especially for the Alzheimer's unit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback on our community. Please stay in close communication and let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help you or your loved one thrive, whether it’s new activities, Villas events, or even a new menu item. Thank you again, I hope to see you around the community in the future. As for our Alzheimer’s unit I think you would be pleased with the development of those Villas and the additional support and staff that are now in place to take care of our resident’s needs.

Sincerely,

Joy31 September 26, 2015

It wasn't very interactive, and the rooms were small. They had some activities, but I was not impressed with the facility. There really wasn't much that I liked about The Villas at La Canada.

Joy- Thank you for your review of our neighborhood. I am wished you had enjoyed your visit to our site more. I can assure you that it is always our goal to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and support for their families as well. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you were unhappy about, so that we can address them right away. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

moos1 February 13, 2015

Our Father has been a resident of The Villas @ La Canada for a year now and we are very pleased with the care he receives. All of the caregivers we have come in contact with are very compassionate and involved in the resident. They have so much going on. One of us visits daily so we also are involved with the Caregivers.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments about our community; I look forward to sharing this with our entire team. Please stay in close communication and let us know if there is anything we can ever do to help your father thrive, whether it's new activities, Villas events, or even a menu item. Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you around our community in the future.

Jana5 November 06, 2014

The Villas is one of the few places that would work with us with the dementia diagnosis without the price going too far up. The rooms were very nice, large, and carpeted. The people are very nice and helpful. My mom said it’s the worst food in the entire world, but it always smells good. They have several activities, but my mom doesn’t really participate in a lot of them. They usually have some form of exercise.

Jana- I am so glad to hear that your mom is enjoying her stay at the Villas. I’m glad you mentioned that we were able to work with you regarding your mother’s dementia diagnosis. We take every precaution to make sure that all of our residents; especially those suffering from dementia get the utmost care. Sorry to hear she doesn’t like the food. She may be excited to find out that we recently added a dietician to our staff, and as I’ve tasted her cooking I think your mom may change her mind. But if there is ever a special menu item or meal-time preferences that she needs, we are more than happy to accommodate her any way we can. Thanks again!

Dale30 July 24, 2014

I would not recommend The Villas at La Canada. The level of compassion that was shown to both my father and myself was quite disappointing. Employees blamed eachother for misscomunications and oversights with my father...

Dale- Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you may have experienced in the care of your loved one. I am discouraged to hear of your frustrations. It is always our goal to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and support for their families as well. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you were talking about to make things right. Please feel free to contact me at your soonest convenience.

Jean30 November 20, 2013

I like the location of the Villas and the place is nice. The staff is very nice. We have guitar and piano players and singers. We have a church. We have bingo and I participate in different activities. The accommodation is very nice and we have a large room. We only have ten residents in a house.

Jean- Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such wonderful comments about our community; I look forward to sharing this with our entire team. Please stay in close communication and let us know if there is anything we can ever do to help your father thrive, whether it's new activities, Villas events, or even a menu item. Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you around our community.

Stephanie 1 September 22, 2012

They have 10 buildings with 10 people per building. It wasn't outrageously expensive as others can be.

Emmyrose September 23, 2011

This is a facility with 10 separate houses in one area. The homes are very nice and well maintained. There is desert landscaping, flowers, shrubs, and fountains.

Each home has private bedrooms with private baths. All are handicapped equipped and have emergency call system. There are throughout the houses an activities area, small library, and fitness room. They have a hair salon.Each have own yards and patios with courtyards.

There is homecooking with breakfast made to order and a variety menu. They serve three meals and snacks. The food is good. Each house has own kitchen and dining room.

They offer laundry and house keeping.

They have house doctor and a nurse practitioner. They offer transport to appointments. There are certified caregivers and a nurse from 7an to 7p. They do all three levels of care.

They encourage the residents to be active with bingo, other games, exercises, yogas, parties, bbqs. and other entertainment that comes in. They also have outings for shopping and other events.

The staff here seems to be efficient and caring. This appears as a nice facility.

From The Villas at La Canada

Gracious Living

ISL residents enjoy the comforts of a private home in an attractive neighborhood setting. The intimate atmosphere provides the security of knowing that their individual needs will be taken care of. Residents also enjoy activities such as Happy Hour with other houses in the neighborhood, ensuring a vibrant and healthy lifestyle

Quality of Life:
  • Our residents live in a home and have their own private room and private bathroom
  • Our residents receive exceptional care
  • Our residents enjoy three daily home-cooked meals prepared by our caregivers
  • Our residents have an open kitchen and can eat at any time between meals
  • Our residents regularly take their medications per physician’s orders
  • Our doors are open 24 hours a day for visits from family and friends
  • Our residents are socially engaged
  • Our residents have privacy when they desire it
  • Our residents are treated with dignity and respect
  • Our residents have a sense of family and belonging
  • Our residents can participate in a variety of activities
  • Our residents can have almost all outside services they need come here to them
  • Our residents are able to age in place and stay here as their care needs change
Amenities:
  • State of the art security, including call pendants, secured doors and wander alert
  • Fitness and therapy room, salon, library/den, game room, and arts and crafts room
  • Over 25 organized weekly and monthly activities
  • Telephone hookup available
  • Furnished and unfurnished rooms
  • Beautiful walking paths, waterfall, gazebo
  • Outside covered patios
  • itness and therapy room, salon, library/den, game room, and arts and crafts room
  • Over 25 organized weekly and monthly activities
  • Furnished and unfurnished rooms
  • Beautiful walking paths, waterfall, gazebo
  • Outside covered patios
Family Centered:
  • Managers and caregivers learn residents care needs and their personal likes/dislikes
  • Consistent scheduling allows residents, families and staff to get to know each other
  • Regular manager and caregiver phone call wellness updates to resident families
  • Residents furnish and decorate their rooms with personal and family items
  • Residents are encouraged to display family and friends on wall displays
  • Open door policy for friends and family, 24 hours a day 7 days a week
  • Birthday and Holiday celebrations
  • Family oriented activities like barbecues, carnivals, Halloween parties, Santa visits
  • Spacious, private meeting rooms for personal family gatherings
  • Pets welcome
  • Non-denominational church service held every Sunday
  • Neighborhood and Villa activities
  • Video phones are available to residents in each Villa to communicate with family members that have video phones at their home

Innovative Senior Living, Inc. is a Tucson-based company at the forefront of a hybrid shift in the senior housing industry. ISL communities are a home-like environment for older adults, maintaining the highest levels of health, social and support services to provide an innovative alternative in the assisted living lifestyle.

Features of The Villas at La Canada

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 5:1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)
  • Minimum age: 55

• Licenses: Arizona Dept of Health Services for Assisted Living Homes
  • State License(s): AL6716H

• Some residents have in-room full kitchens (including oven, etc.)

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,395/month

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of The Villas at La Canada