The Villas at Houghton

844 N. Houghton, Tucson, AZ, 85748

Reviews of The Villas at Houghton

Ben Escalante September 12, 2016

My mom and I had an unusual conversation today, being that she no longer wants to talk. Her remarks were that the house was so clean, and the food was great. I also observed that your workers were always watching out for the residetns. They were not on the phone 24/7, didn't eat in front of the residents, while patients were waiting for their food, they are on time to work, preparation of food is clean and serviced on time. I also observed that the residents respect your workers, because they respect the residents. Thank you for all you do.

Jim Fisk September 12, 2016

Today I visited my mother and met some of her caregivers. I observed them as they performed some of their duties and noted they were very kind to her. They were very efficient and yet very professional. The ones I met were so caring and it makes family members feel so good, just knowing the residents receive such good care.

Ruby McDaniels September 12, 2016

I want to thank all of you. Not just for what you did, but for the warmth and the caring you put into it. You're all very special people. Thank you for helping with my mom.

Les Anderson September 12, 2016

Dear Villas,

The Anderson family would love to thank you for the special and loving care you give our Grandma/Mother Francis. We know it is not always easy. Thank you for everything you do. Keep up the great work.

Susan Franklin September 12, 2016

Thank you for your kind words about my mom. She has spent so much of her life extending kindness and support to others- always with a joyful sprit...She deserves to live out her years with dignity, and I cannot thank you enough for your help.

Sally Jefferson September 12, 2016

Wonderful thanks for the home you are providing for my mom and dad! They love all the community activities.

Ira Adler August 25, 2016

Dear Bobby,

There are never the right words to express the gratitude I am feeling towards your staff and all they did for my mom, Thelma, to make her time at the Villas feel like home.

So many people have been so helpful over the past 5 years ,but Sarah and especially Carmen stand out in my mind. I always felt my mom had three daughters watching over her.

Thanks Bobby for the tremendous service you are providing.

tucsonresident2014 May 24, 2016

Our family member has been here for almost 2 years and we have noticed things going down hill lately. We visit nearly every week and they have been having quite a bit of staff turn over, which is always a concern. Some of the caregivers are even starting to mention it to us. The onsite hair dresser and mani/pedi lady has also left and we aren't quite sure why. We are a little concerned that management over expanded their locations and are either not involved like when it was new or have change. Very little communication between us and management unless we initiate. Will be looking at other options that are closer to us but not really wanting to move them if we can help it.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. First and foremost I would like to apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you may have experienced in the care of your loved one. I am discouraged to hear of your frustrations. I would appreciate the opportunity to learn more about the specific things you are talking about, so that we can make things right. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience. That way you have an opportunity to sit down with myself and our new GM, John Golleher and we will make sure any concerns you have are fully addressed. Thanks again.

Cathy117263950 January 19, 2016

We chose The Villas at Houghton for my dad because it was clean and highly rated. They have individual villas. The people that take care of my dad are great. I haven’t eaten there, but my dad seems to like it. My dad participates in their activities, like sing-alongs and bingo. I guess they just need to improve on their communication from the management to their staff about expectations and knowledge.

Cathy- Thank you for reviewing our Neighborhood. I am glad your father is enjoying the activities and facility. One of my favorite activities are the sing-a-longs. I would like to apologize for any miscommunication or inconvenience you may have experienced. I would like to sit down and discuss things further so that we can alleviate any frustrations you may have right away. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

anonymous117887650 December 17, 2015

My father is in The Villas for a little over a month now. I liked it. They have a few problems with employees every now and then, but I have no complaints at all. There is a library, and it’s good. There is a gym; it’s extremely small, but it’s fine.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback on our community. Please stay in close communication and let us know if there is ever anything we can do to help you or your loved one thrive, whether it’s new activities, Villas events, or even a new menu item. Thank you again, I hope to see you around the community in the future.

Caring100968950 January 09, 2015

The Villas at Houghton is a great place for families who are working or want something similar to their own home. There are 10 staff members in the house, and they have complete meals every day. They have a big kitchen and dining room area; it’s a big house. It’s a series of homes that are built. The staff is caring and knowledgeable, and they take good care of the patients. My father-in-law is adjusting very well there.

Thank you for your support. Our goal is to provide exceptional care to improve the quality of life for the elderly and their loved ones. We like to think of ourselves as a community, a family if you will, and we take very measure to ensure that the quality of care and amenities let us reach that goal. I am so glad that your father in law is adjusting well. I will definitely share your kind words with our entire team. Please don’t ever hesitate to get in touch with me if you even have anything he needs or wants that we can provide. Thanks again.

From The Villas at Houghton

The Villas at Houghton Assisted Living and Memory Care Neighborhood provides all levels of assisted living, as well as memory care for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia. Our homes have specific, private rooms such as a salon and physical therapy room. This allows other service providers such as doctors, therapists, and stylists, to deliver specialized support to our residents. We also offer short term/respite care. Residents in need of hospice receive the care in their home.

Amenities:
  • State of the art security, including call pendants, secured doors and wander alert
  • Fitness and workout room, beauty salon, spa, and library
  • Over 25 organized weekly and monthly activities
  • Arrange private transportation for doctor’s appointments and/or other needs
  • Contracted Nurse on call 24 hours a day
  • Walk-in closets with shelving and storage
  • Individual laundry service done weekly and more frequently as needed
  • Individually controlled heating and cooling
  • Direct TV
  • Internet access
  • Telephone hookup available
  • Furnished and unfurnished rooms
  • Beautiful walking paths, waterfall, ramadas
  • Outside covered patios
Family Centered:
  • Managers and caregivers learn residents care needs and their personal likes/dislikes
  • Consistent scheduling allows residents, families and staff to get to know each other
  • Regular manager and caregiver phone call wellness updates to resident families
  • Residents furnish and decorate their rooms with personal and family items
  • Residents are encouraged to display family and friends on wall displays
  • Open door policy for friends and family, 24 hours a day 7 days a week
  • Birthday and Holiday celebrations
  • Family oriented activities like barbeques, Halloween parties, Santa visits
  • Spacious, private dining rooms for personal gatherings
  • Pets welcome
  • Non-denominational church service held every Sunday
  • Neighborhood and Villa activities
Quality of Life:
  • Our residents live in a home and have their own private room and private bathroom
  • Our residents receive exceptional care
  • Our residents enjoy three daily home-cooked meals prepared by our caregivers
  • Our residents have an open kitchen and can eat at any time between meals
  • Our residents regularly take their medications per physician’s orders
  • Our doors are open 24 hours a day for visits from family and friends
  • Our residents are socially engaged
  • Our residents have privacy when they desire it
  • Our residents are treated with dignity and respect
  • Our residents have a sense of family and belonging
  • Our residents can participate in a variety of activities
  • Our residents can have almost all outside services they need come here to them
  • Our residents are able to age in place and stay here as their care needs change

Innovative Senior Living, Inc. is a Tucson-based company at the forefront of a hybrid shift in the senior housing industry. ISL communities are a home-like environment for older adults, maintaining the highest levels of health, social and support services to provide an innovative alternative in the assisted living lifestyle.

Features of The Villas at Houghton

• Diabetic
  • Kosher
  • Low fat
  • Low salt
  • Renal
  • Vegetarian

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Pharmacy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do not offer companion suites

• Spanish

• Shared space where residents can host parties

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 5:1

• Monthly rent is all inclusive
  • Minimum memory care rate: $4,595/month

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• State License(s): AL8886H