Sunrise at River Road

4975 North 1st Avenue, Tucson, AZ, 85718

Reviews of Sunrise at River Road

October 24, 2016

By Eunice841850

Sunrise was really nice, and we looked at that for my mom. I liked the way they had music, and they were organized. They had people coming for live music, they made sure the residents sit for dinner, and they had activities so the elders would not be bored.

December 17, 2015

By Don John

Sunrise was very nice and very clean. It wasn’t as large as others, but the grounds were very well-kept and nicely landscaped. It had a great, big wrap-around front porch that had a bunch of rocking chairs on it where you could go out and sit, which I thought was nice.

December 17, 2015

By Dilip Yadav

Everything was very nice at Sunrise. I would recommend them highly. They had a lot of things, and the rooms were spacious and roomy although the food wasn’t that good. They treated them like family.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous Lady12

We went up to Sunrise. Everything was very nice and positive. They were all very considerate, informative, and gave us a detailed description of the facility. We walked around and visited some of the residents. I would recommend Sunrise to any of our friends that are looking for a facility.

October 29, 2015

By Trudy6

Sunrise was a lovely place, and everybody was so friendly. It’s not a very big place. They have a group that knits and crochets that makes and sells things, and the money goes to Alzheimer’s research. The staff is really great. The dining area was a nice size, and the food was really good.

September 26, 2015

By Joy31

I was very impressed with Sunrise at River Road. It was more of a corporate institutional place, not a home environment. It would've been our second choice. I would not take my mother there if I wanted her to be in a place that wasn't more geared to a home environment though. Everyone that I met was very cordial and interactive. We had lunch there, and it was good. The rooms were much smaller than where my mother is now. They had an immense amount of activities and in some ways probably it would've been overwhelming for my mom who has Alzheimer's.

August 22, 2015

By LauraPerkins

This is a very nice facility with a wonderful and caring staff. The only drawback is the poor quality of the food that is served to the residents. This subtracts 2 stars from an otherwise 5 star facility because meals play a very important role in the quality of life to those that live there.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

July 28, 2015

By Lynn110479750

The visit at Sunrise River Road was very nice, and the lady there was very nice. I was supposed to have lunch with them. The rooms were very small -- slightly bigger than studio apartments. They had games and a community dog who moved from room to room; he was nice. They had cards and movies. I saw two small dining rooms -- one downstairs and one upstairs. The upstairs one was a little more casual. The atmosphere seemed nice; I spoke to a couple of residents, and they said they were very happy there and enjoying.

March 08, 2015

My mother-in-law is in Sunrise at River Road, and it’s a lovely facility. They have a bus, exercise classes, bible study, bridge, and movies. We are very happy with Sunrise.

March 02, 2015

I looked at Sunrise, and I liked it very much. If they had nice grounds, I would let my husband go there. It looked very nice. It seemed to be a very good place, and it was very huge.

February 25, 2015

We chose Sunrise at River road mainly because of the people that were there. The workers and residents all seem to be happy to be there. They were very content in where they were living. There was just a good vibe all the way around. The room that my mother got is very nice. It is a one bedroom, but it is very roomy, so she won't be crowded with her furniture and her walker. It is a real nice room. It's such a nice place, and she is very happy there.

November 30, 2014

My relative has been at Sunrise at River Road for months now. It is very nice and she loves it very much. It is close to our home. The staff is very nice, very good, and they're professional. It seems to be a good place. I had lunch and dinner there, and the food was fine. The chef is good and very approachable. They have a great calendar of activities every day. I've seen games like bingo, exercises, and they have walks, too. Their grounds are very nice. I do wish they get her to exercise more, but they don't force them. However, they could improve at cleaning the rooms and to take over a little more because they don't want to touch the clothes or the drawers.

June 26, 2014

I found Sunrise at River Road to move my father into. We chose that one because it has the memory care that my dad needs, and it has bigger rooms than other places we looked at. You could have a choice of the room: a bedroom with a living room, or a studio.They also seemed to have the most welcoming environment; the manager seemed helpful and very good. All the activities are designed for people with memory issues, like current events activities. The food is good.

June 17, 2014

By Ron28

We like Sunrise. Everything was totally good. It looked very clean The rooms were spacious, airy, light, and very acceptable. The staff was very delightful and pleasant. They fed me lunch, and it was delightful. I really enjoyed it.

May 30, 2014

The staff is very good at Sunrise. They treated us like a king and queen. We had breakfast there, and it was delicious. I like the congeniality of the people who work there. However, the rooms were small.

January 24, 2014

By Dianne11

We are extremely pleased with Sunrise at River Road. My parents have been there for two months now and we are very grateful. The staff is all warm, welcoming, and gracious. They are extremely accommodating. It's a lovely environment. The care is fantastic. My parents are very happy. The transition was wonderful. We looked at other places in Tucson and it was the best that we saw and we loved it.

November 27, 2013

I went by a Sunrise. The facility was new and very pleasing to the eyes. I thought it would a little better and appropriate for my mom. The living environment was very nice. I would recommend them for people to look at.

September 15, 2011

By Emmyrose

Other

This is a gorgeous facility. It is 2 story with beautiful Victorian style architecture. It has a walking path which goes all around the facility with places ro sit. They have a large patio and bbq area in back. In the front they have a large porch. The grounds are nice with greenery and floors. They have 105 residents. The apartments are studio, one and two bedroom with partial kitchens. They have cable,phone, and internet access. The interior is beautifully decorated. They have sitting rooms, tv room, activities room, a small library,computer room and a nice formal dining room. They serve three meals a day and snacks. It is restaurant style so there is a lot of variety. The food is great. They offer housekeeping and linen service. They have all three levels of care. There are two nursrs on duty daily and on call. They have docters who come in. They transport to appointments if necessary.They have a hairdresser and activities director. They have a very busy activity program. In house they have bingo 4 times a week, other games, exercise program, karaoke. live entertainment, birthday parties, theme parties, and bbqs. They go shopping once to twice a week. They have outings such as bowling, luncheons, movies,concerts, and picnics two to four times a week. This a wonderful facility with lots of things to do. It gives a very homey atmosphere and staff is very caring.

July 28, 2011

We had a terrible experience when we left mom for 1 week of respite care. Avoid at all costs.

Photos of Sunrise at River Road

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Directed Care
  • State Licenses: AL8741C

About Sunrise at River Road

Step into the senior living community of Sunrise at River Road in Sun City, Arizona, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

In addition to offering senior housing in Arizona, Sunrise at River Road also boasts assisted living, skilled nursing, Alzheimer's care, respite care, and short-term care.

Sunrise at River Road is built upon a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the assisted living services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service, and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

We offer monthly support group for caregivers and monthly Virtual Dementia Training for family members.

Map of Sunrise at River Road