Sunrise at River Road

4975 North 1st Avenue, Tucson, AZ, 85718

Reviews of Sunrise at River Road

Trudy6 October 29, 2015

Sunrise was a lovely place, and everybody was so friendly. It’s not a very big place. They have a group that knits and crochets that makes and sells things, and the money goes to Alzheimer’s research. The staff is really great. The dining area was a nice size, and the food was really good.

Joy31 September 26, 2015

I was very impressed with Sunrise at River Road. It was more of a corporate institutional place, not a home environment. It would've been our second choice. I would not take my mother there if I wanted her to be in a place that wasn't more geared to a home environment though. Everyone that I met was very cordial and interactive. We had lunch there, and it was good. The rooms were much smaller than where my mother is now. They had an immense amount of activities and in some ways probably it would've been overwhelming for my mom who has Alzheimer's.

LauraPerkins August 22, 2015

This is a very nice facility with a wonderful and caring staff. The only drawback is the poor quality of the food that is served to the residents. This subtracts 2 stars from an otherwise 5 star facility because meals play a very important role in the quality of life to those that live there.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Lynn110479750 July 28, 2015

The visit at Sunrise River Road was very nice, and the lady there was very nice. I was supposed to have lunch with them. The rooms were very small -- slightly bigger than studio apartments. They had games and a community dog who moved from room to room; he was nice. They had cards and movies. I saw two small dining rooms -- one downstairs and one upstairs. The upstairs one was a little more casual. The atmosphere seemed nice; I spoke to a couple of residents, and they said they were very happy there and enjoying.

Caring107266450 March 08, 2015

My mother-in-law is in Sunrise at River Road, and it’s a lovely facility. They have a bus, exercise classes, bible study, bridge, and movies. We are very happy with Sunrise.

Caring102365750 March 02, 2015

I looked at Sunrise, and I liked it very much. If they had nice grounds, I would let my husband go there. It looked very nice. It seemed to be a very good place, and it was very huge.

Caring102472150 February 25, 2015

We chose Sunrise at River road mainly because of the people that were there. The workers and residents all seem to be happy to be there. They were very content in where they were living. There was just a good vibe all the way around. The room that my mother got is very nice. It is a one bedroom, but it is very roomy, so she won't be crowded with her furniture and her walker. It is a real nice room. It's such a nice place, and she is very happy there.

Caring87624950 November 30, 2014

My relative has been at Sunrise at River Road for months now. It is very nice and she loves it very much. It is close to our home. The staff is very nice, very good, and they're professional. It seems to be a good place. I had lunch and dinner there, and the food was fine. The chef is good and very approachable. They have a great calendar of activities every day. I've seen games like bingo, exercises, and they have walks, too. Their grounds are very nice. I do wish they get her to exercise more, but they don't force them. However, they could improve at cleaning the rooms and to take over a little more because they don't want to touch the clothes or the drawers.

Caring86030950 June 26, 2014

I found Sunrise at River Road to move my father into. We chose that one because it has the memory care that my dad needs, and it has bigger rooms than other places we looked at. You could have a choice of the room: a bedroom with a living room, or a studio.They also seemed to have the most welcoming environment; the manager seemed helpful and very good. All the activities are designed for people with memory issues, like current events activities. The food is good.

Ron28 June 17, 2014

We like Sunrise. Everything was totally good. It looked very clean The rooms were spacious, airy, light, and very acceptable. The staff was very delightful and pleasant. They fed me lunch, and it was delightful. I really enjoyed it.

Caring79513050 May 30, 2014

The staff is very good at Sunrise. They treated us like a king and queen. We had breakfast there, and it was delicious. I like the congeniality of the people who work there. However, the rooms were small.

Dianne11 January 24, 2014

We are extremely pleased with Sunrise at River Road. My parents have been there for two months now and we are very grateful. The staff is all warm, welcoming, and gracious. They are extremely accommodating. It's a lovely environment. The care is fantastic. My parents are very happy. The transition was wonderful. We looked at other places in Tucson and it was the best that we saw and we loved it.

Caring75501150 November 27, 2013

I went by a Sunrise. The facility was new and very pleasing to the eyes. I thought it would a little better and appropriate for my mom. The living environment was very nice. I would recommend them for people to look at.

Emmyrose September 15, 2011

This is a gorgeous facility. It is 2 story with beautiful Victorian style architecture. It has a walking path which goes all around the facility with places ro sit. They have a large patio and bbq area in back. In the front they have a large porch. The grounds are nice with greenery and floors.

They have 105 residents. The apartments are studio, one and two bedroom with partial kitchens. They have cable,phone, and internet access.

The interior is beautifully decorated. They have sitting rooms, tv room, activities room, a small library,computer room and a nice formal dining room.

They serve three meals a day and snacks. It is restaurant style so there is a lot of variety. The food is great.

They offer housekeeping and linen service.

They have all three levels of care. There are two nursrs on duty daily and on call. They have docters who come in. They transport to appointments if necessary.They have a hairdresser and activities director.

They have a very busy activity program. In house they have bingo 4 times a week, other games, exercise program, karaoke. live entertainment, birthday parties, theme parties, and bbqs. They go shopping once to twice a week. They have outings such as bowling, luncheons, movies,concerts, and picnics two to four times a week.

This a wonderful facility with lots of things to do. It gives a very homey atmosphere and staff is very caring.

Caring379620 July 28, 2011

We had a terrible experience when we left mom for 1 week of respite care. Avoid at all costs.

From Sunrise at River Road

Step into the senior living community of Sunrise at River Road in Sun City, Arizona, and you can't help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture and comfortable community areas, to our choice of suites, exceptional outdoor gardens, and landscaping. Look around and you'll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent at this assisted living community is a welcome one.

In addition to offering senior housing in Arizona, Sunrise at River Road also boasts assisted living, skilled nursing, Alzheimer's care, respite care, and short-term care.

Sunrise at River Road is built upon a commitment to our residents and their families. We believe no two people are alike, so the assisted living services and attention we provide should never be exactly the same. That's also why we offer a variety of lifestyle, service, and care options. By providing these choices, we not only offer solutions for today, we provide the security of knowing that there are options for tomorrow.

We offer monthly support group for caregivers and monthly Virtual Dementia Training for family members.

Features of Sunrise at River Road

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Technology extra: Emergency call system
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Pharmacy
  • Physical therapy
  • Hospice care

• Companion suites: We do offer companion suites

• Coffee shop
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Library

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition

• Private services

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 6 to 1
  • We offer respite care (short term stays)

• Licenses: Directed Care
  • State License(s): AL8741C

• We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

Location of Sunrise at River Road