Mountain View Retirement

7900 North La Canada Drive, Tucson, AZ, 85704

Reviews of Mountain View Retirement

Barb24 February 10, 2015

Mountain View is a completely friendly community. Everybody says hello to everybody, and it is not fake; it continues when you move in. When my parents first moved in, they checked on them every two hours to see how they were doing. I opted for the plan where they provide their medicines, so I don't have to order medicine and make sure they are taking it. They administer it, so that is taken care of. Food is great. My parents really look forward to the food. However, I could not get right a copy of their meds right away, e.g. when Mountain View was giving them and what they were giving them. Like when we moved Mom in halfway through the day and she needed one of her blood pressure medications at night, they wouldn't give it to her because they said it is assigned at 8 a.m. and they will not give it to her in the evening, but my mom's blood pressure was over 200. I can't talk to the nurse. You talk to the caregivers who reports to the nurse, etc. That was about the only main thing, but everything else is good. The caregivers are good. They make sure my parents take their showers. I'm really happy with the place; it is one of the best around. My parents have an apartment. The bathroom is nice. It is equipped with grab bars. They don't do any of the activities, but the activities are extremely good. I would definitely recommend this community. They are extremely friendly and accepting of everybody. The staff is very friendly. I think their friendliness and cleanliness is the main thing with this community.

Janice9 June 19, 2013

I visited Mountain View Retirement Village and the outside area was unappealing but the inside was very nice. Their apartments also were nice. However, I just don't like the location. It's on the west side of the town and I've been living on the east side of town. So I'm not familiar with the location. I prefer to choose a place that I'm familiar with.

Bridget1 June 12, 2012

This assisted living/ retirement facility was very clean and upscale. The workers and residents were really friendly and offered help right when we walked in the door. The manager offered us a tour right away and took us around the facility. I liked how their kitchen/cafeteria was set up. There were windows everywhere so the residents could see the beautiful landscaping the facility has. There is also a garden for the residents to walk through at their pleasure. Each room is private unless they opt to have a roommate. Overall I would say this was a very nice assisted living facility and I would allow my grandmother to reside there.

Physical Therapy May 25, 2012

This is a very large facility with lots of access points. The lobby was huge and well lighted. There were numerous sidewalks around the building where you can just talk a walk. Trees and flowers were everywhere too.

The rooms vary in sizes. Most of them were big and they also have apartments for couples. I saw two separate dining rooms in this facility. It also has a library, internet room and game room. The activities provided here are similar to the other ones I've visited "“ exercises, movie nights, card games, discussions and many others. But one unique activity is they set up booths for residents like a Mary Kay or clothes booth where residents could buy what they want.

This facility is pretty established and they're doing a great job.

Emmyrose September 24, 2011

This is a beautiful facility. It has a great outdoor decor and a porch/gazebo style entrance. A definite resort style that looks nice with out the extreme elegance and glamour. The grounds are nice and well maintained with desert landscaping in front.

There are 188 apartments. It is 2 stories. The independent living has studio and one bedrooms with full kitchens and the assisted have partial kitchens. All are handicapped equipped as necessary and have an emergency call system.

The interior is nicely decored. They have sitting areas, living room, activities area, pool table, beauty salon,exercise room, and nice dining room.

The dining room is restaurant style with 2 entrees lunch and dinner and over 20 other items to choose from. The food is delicious. They serve three meals a day and snacks.

They have two nures on duty, certified caregivers, med techs, activities director, and rehab and other services available so the resident can move within the community. They have doctors and nurse practitioner who come in. They transport to appointments. The staff is very nice and caring. It has a very homey atmosphere for a large facility.

They have a very active lifestyle there with lots of games, parties, bbqs, live entertainment, and a pool and spa area. They do exercise program in fitness center and pool. They do outings for shopping. luncheons, and many community events. They have a theater room.

The out side has two courtyards with walking paths, rock formations, and lush greenery.

This is a very nice and desirable place.

lucy5616 July 26, 2011

I have lived here for over three years and am very happy with the facility. They have excellent help and keep the place very clean.

About Mountain View Retirement

Mountain View Retirement is an assisted living facility in Tucson, AZ that offers residents independent living options and daily support services. Contact Mountain View Retirement for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Mountain View Retirement